Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,731 members, 7,875,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:53 PM

Somebody Please Explain This - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Somebody Please Explain This (1304 Views)

Can Someone Please Explain What Happened Here / Somebody Please Tell Ijaws That Igbos Have Crude Oil[photos] / Fayose: Can Somebody Please Correct Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Somebody Please Explain This by sacajawea: 8:11pm On Jan 16, 2021
A friend who is a Tailor went to a Senator's house to do a Job, Fashion design/Sewing Jobs.
All while he was there he never actually met the senator but one of the Assistants or House Managers.
Now this is the Gist of the matter, in this Senator's house there were plenty Cars and the boot/trunk part of the Vehicles went down showing that there was heavy load in them, almost all of them or if not all were like that.
When they wanted to pay them at the end of the Job, the Assistant told them to follow him. They went to where the cars were parked then the assistant opened one vehicle it was filled with fresh US dollar notes, he quickly Closed it, wrong Car. He now went to another one opened it, this one's boot was filled with naira notes. He picked up a few bundles, gave them and said something like "That should cover your balance" then closed it immediately.

So Older and more experienced men of this section pls let this make sense to me Please. If you hoard dollars I understand, but why naira? Why keep naira in large quantities like that in Car boots to the point that the back part of the car is going down cos of too much naira load in it.
Is it that being a Senator gives one so much Money to the Point thag they can have so much billions excess of it in Raw cash at home? Broskis abeg make una put matter
Re: Somebody Please Explain This by InfernoNig: 8:22pm On Jan 16, 2021
Naira is for immediate spending. Dollars is for future spending.
Re: Somebody Please Explain This by dawnomike(m): 8:38pm On Jan 16, 2021
sacajawea:
A friend who is a Tailor went to a Senator's house to do a Job, Fashion design/Sewing Jobs.
All while he was there he never actually met the senator but one of the Assistants or House Managers.
Now this is the Gist of the matter, in this Senator's house there were plenty Cars and the boot/trunk part of the Vehicles went down showing that there was heavy load in them, almost all of them or if not all were like that.
When they wanted to pay them at the end of the Job, the Assistant told them to follow him. They went to where the cars were parked then the assistant opened one vehicle it was filled with fresh US dollar notes, he quickly Closed it, wrong Car. He now went to another one opened it, this one's boot was filled with naira notes. He picked up a few bundles, gave them and said something like "That should cover your balance" then closed it immediately.

So Older and more experienced men of this section pls let this make sense to me Please. If you hoard dollars I understand, but why naira? Why keep naira in large quantities like that in Car boots to the point that the back part of the car is going down cos of too much naira load in it.
Is it that being a Senator gives one so much Money to the Point thag they can have so much billions excess of it in Raw cash at home? Broskis abeg make una put matter
For easy movements... they can't keep such in their bank to avoid been indicted.
Re: Somebody Please Explain This by illicit(m): 7:42am On Jan 17, 2021
Why didn't your friend blow the whistle

1 Like

Re: Somebody Please Explain This by Dagger111(m): 8:11am On Jan 17, 2021
Give us update, lets play a fast one there.
Re: Somebody Please Explain This by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 17, 2021
LMAO nigerian senators are not that rich .....stop this lies ....it's very difficult for a senator to make 2 billion a year unless a high ranking senator like I'm the top 5

1 Like

Re: Somebody Please Explain This by Beremx(f): 8:50am On Jan 17, 2021
What’s the name of the Senator?

1 Like

Re: Somebody Please Explain This by sacajawea: 5:47am On Jan 18, 2021
Igbochief001:
LMAO nigerian senators are not that rich .....stop this lies ....it's very difficult for a senator to make 2 billion a year unless a high ranking senator like I'm the top 5
That is one of the reasons why I posted this, how does a Senator have so much Money?
Well I know it is unlikely for Most, but it is not impossible. You know some of them held other Political positions before being there. Also there are many people in this country who are not in any direct Political position but are making Political money in billions, and as nigeria matter be so, there will definitely be other runs that bring him money, maybe depending on connections, position, links, Opportunity etc.
Re: Somebody Please Explain This by helinues: 5:55am On Jan 18, 2021
K- Leg story

1 Like

Re: Somebody Please Explain This by madmohamed(m): 6:07am On Jan 18, 2021
sacajawea:

what if the man is here in nairaland did you think when he see this he will call you nest time better keep your mouth shut and take your own money and go. Known they will see you as a traitor
Re: Somebody Please Explain This by Ahmeduana(m): 6:22am On Jan 18, 2021
Those are the money that are not bank-able, and which they don't want to be trace-able so they don't have option than to hurd and hide them. Probably those money and are money meant for constituency projects that will never be exicuted.... That is typical Nigerian politician for you!

1 Like

Re: Somebody Please Explain This by Nobody: 9:03am On Jan 18, 2021
sacajawea:

That is one of the reasons why I posted this, how does a Senator have so much Money?
Well I know it is unlikely for Most, but it is not impossible. You know some of them held other Political positions before being there. Also there are many people in this country who are not in any direct Political position but are making Political money in billions, and as nigeria matter be so, there will definitely be other runs that bring him money, maybe depending on connections, position, links, Opportunity etc.
The story makes no sense and ad such I don't believe it

With that much money banks themselves would approach u and help u safe guard the money
Re: Somebody Please Explain This by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:02pm On Jan 18, 2021
Tell your friend the tailor to come here,
We have something to tell him.
We will be waiting.

Till then......Bye!
Re: Somebody Please Explain This by fergie001: 2:16pm On Jan 18, 2021
Igbochief001:

With that much money banks themselves would approach u and help u safe guard the money
It makes sense.

I have received same that way as well, this time, from the trunk of a dilapidated vehicle from a *******.
Re: Somebody Please Explain This by bishopkay: 4:56pm On Jan 18, 2021
Igbochief001:

You can't launder such money bros. At least not in Nigeria. Bank don dey cast
Re: Somebody Please Explain This by bishopkay: 4:57pm On Jan 18, 2021
Igbochief001:

Do you know the amount of over bloated budgeted constituency projects these men get allocation for but never execute? It's possible Bro.
Re: Somebody Please Explain This by sacajawea: 9:37pm On Feb 13, 2021
illicit:
Why didn't your friend blow the whistle
Blow whistle? Really?
Re: Somebody Please Explain This by illicit(m): 6:42am On Feb 14, 2021
sacajawea:
Blow whistle? Really?

Yes, really....

(1) (Reply)

76 IPOB Members Released By The Courts In Owerri - Picture And Video / Igbo Girl Thanks Buhari For Fixing South East Roads, Expressways - Video / Another Ipob Propaganda Circulating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.