Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,566 members, 7,951,367 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 02:49 PM

Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State (3664 Views)

The Igala People Of Anambra State. The Untold Story / Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video / I Want To Learn Igala Language, Get In Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 19, 2021
RedboneSmith:

Please, answer this question, weird guy with an Ethiopian moniker.

Don't Insult MelesZenawi, seems you don't know the achievement of this great name.

MelesZenawi abandoned his medical studies in London to pursue the then regime of mengistus Haile Mariam and he removed Haile Mariam..

That's who u are referring as weird?

Kpachara anya hu oooo
Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by Ofunwa111: 11:49pm On Jan 19, 2021
MelesZenawi:

Don't Insult MelesZenawi, seems you don't know the achievement of this great name.

MelesZenawi abandoned his medical studies in London to pursue the then regime of mengistus Haile Mariam and he removed Haile Mariam..

Kpachara anya hu oooo

I just find these conversations funny !! cheesy cheesy.
Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by RedboneSmith(m): 4:29am On Jan 20, 2021
MelesZenawi:

Kpachara anya hu oooo

"Weird guy with an Ethiopian moniker". If you were sound, you would know who the "weird" in that sentence was referring to. But you're slow, which is why this bizarre exchange with you is even happening.

You're yet to explicitly tell me what I said to Ndigbo that triggered this interaction.
Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by samuk: 10:20am On Jan 20, 2021
MelesZenawi:
and Rebonesmith was deceiving us all these while

To those gullible Igbos from south east that foolishly believe Anioma or Ika is Biafra or Igbo land, I feel sorry for you, when the time comes, you shall receive the shock of your lives. I have advised in past for Igbo to concentrate their efforts and energy in the five states of south east but the greedy ones want to overreach their hands to south south.
Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 20, 2021
samuk:

To those gullible Igbos from south east that foolishly believe Anioma or Ika is Biafra or Igbo land, I feel sorry for you, when the time comes, you shall receive the shock of your lives. I have advised in past for Igbo to concentrate their efforts and energy in the five states of south east but the greedy ones want to overreach their hands to south south.

When birds are called to meeting, grasshoppers go too to claim they are also birds...Lol

Or have you seen Chameleon in midst of frog make mouth about living in water.....

Please I was talking to Redbonesmith and not some sets of grasshoppers or chameleons...grin
Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 20, 2021
Ofunwa111:

I just find these conversations funny !! cheesy cheesy.

Lol...grin grin

Can you Imagine such Insult? Some who abandoned his medical studies to liberate his people is what he termed "Weird"...

I had told the Redbonesmith that at this Juncture I deserve an apology from him.

This is Unprecedented.
Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 20, 2021
RedboneSmith:

"Weird guy with an Ethiopian moniker". If you were sound, you would know who the "weird" in that sentence was referring to. But you're slow, which is why this bizarre exchange with you is even happening.

You're yet to explicitly tell me what I said to Ndigbo that triggered this interaction.

You don't have to Isolate MelesZenawi. All are same with same Ideology fighting for his people.
Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by RedboneSmith(m): 3:56pm On Jan 20, 2021
MelesZenawi:

I had told the Redbonesmith that at this Juncture I deserve an apology from him.

And I have told your trolling ass to go sit on a cactus.
Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by samuk: 3:59pm On Jan 20, 2021
MelesZenawi:

When birds are called to meeting, grasshoppers go too to claim they are also birds...Lol

Or have you seen Chameleon in midst of frog make mouth about living in water.....

Please I was talking to Redbonesmith and not some sets of grasshoppers or chameleons...grin

You are indeed slow, insane and weird as stated, which sane person abandons medical studies to liberate his so called people from behind computer keyboard grin grin you need to be liberated from yourself. You must keep taking your medications for your own good.

Who will be so proud to tell the world that he is a dropout other than someone without self worth.
Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by pazienza(m): 4:25pm On Jan 20, 2021
MelesZenawi:

Don't bring Nsukka into this issue. You must stick to one either Igbo or Igala so that we can pigeonhole you all accordingly in time to come..

The mix up you called Part-Igala is totally irritating.

Very irritating.
You are either Igbo or Igalla. You can't be both. We don't want muddle bloods with divided loyalty.

3 Likes

Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 20, 2021
samuk:

You are indeed slow, insane and weird as stated, which sane person abandons medical studies to liberate his so called people from behind computer keyboard grin grin you need to be liberated from yourself. You must keep taking your medications for your own good.

Who will be so proud to tell the world that he is a dropout other than someone without self worth.

Look for someone else to entertain u

Please I was talking to Redbonesmith and not some sets of grasshoppers or chameleons...

1 Like

Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 20, 2021
pazienza:

Very irritating.
You are either Igbo or Igalla. You can't be both. We don't want muddle bloods with divided loyalty.

Gbam.

But clearly by his loudness on igala issue totally shows where his loyalty lies.
Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by Yujin(m): 12:27pm On Jan 21, 2021
MyopicMods:
MEET YOUR ILLAH IGALA PEOPLE

Illah is a town in Delta state. It is made up of Igala and other tribes. The Igala part is called Azanoma.
Azanoma was founded by Prince Asaga and Prince Onaje, both are children of Attah Ayegba Oma Idoko.
Around 15th century, Prince Asaga was sent by his father, Attah Ayegba, to follow the newly crowned Obi Igbo from Idah to Illah to teach Obi's people some music, dances and how to beat ogidi gbo (wooden gong). Due to the hospitality nature of the Illah people he met, he settled down and refused to go back to Idah as his father instructed him to. Staying too long, Attah Ayegba became unsettled and then sent his younger brother, Onaje to go and look for him, and bring him back home. On reaching there, Onaje saw his brother doing very well and very happy with the friendly nature of the people. Onaje was well received by them, and seeing their hospitality too, he didn't go back to but stayed with his elder brother. They both married and formed the Azanoma (Illah Igala) although others said it was formed by/with by Otakpe, another son of Attah Ayegba (which is not my point here to say who is right or not but to identify and reconnect them to Igala in the ancestral home, Idah).
Today, the king of Azanoma is Eze Nmo (Chief Michael Eddoh) and assisted by Agaba Idu (second in command). The present Agaba Idu is of Asaga lineage. His name is Chief Chikweh Maduka. All the cultural activities of Igala are till today carried out by Illah Igala. Although, most of them can no longer speak Igala due to just two person in the midst of many strange people and long stay in foreign land, Igala language is used in most cultural festivals. Thanks to Sir Paul Onelum and sir Emmanuel Ofili, both of Illah Igala for their efforts. And do you know what, Pa Paul Onelum has Igala native uniform, and to let you know also, some Illah Igala adults are currently receiving Igala language lessons to allow them teach their family members. Let this Igala lesson be emulated by other indigenous Igala across the world. Igala blood remains the same, help me welcome Illah Igala home again. Me wola odudu chaka.
I'm Ayegba, and our reunion is my priority, pls join me. Share to inform other Igalas we are there too.
Lol. This story is very funny yet interesting. Some questions below will help to clarify some grey areas from this Ayegba of a guy.
1. Who's this Obi Igbo and who crowned him King?
2. Which territory was he crowned over?
3. Who are these his people that the Idah Prince was suppose to teach how sing, dance and to play the wooden gong?
This story is supposed to have happened 500yrs ago and the princes found the new place with her people very hospitable such that they refused to return to Idah. Today, Ayegba wants to claim it as a town founded by the Igala.
See why I said it is a funny story.
Ayegba is actually dumb going by this story.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by RedboneSmith(m): 1:04pm On Jan 22, 2021
pazienza:

Very irritating.

Why is this hard to understand na. We are Igbo. We are not Igala. Some of us have Igala ancestry. They've been assimilated and are fully Igbo. I mentioned Nsukka to serve as an illustration for the Illah situtation, because a similar thing played out in their history, where some Igala people moved south and are now fully Igbonised. Not Igala anymore.

This has been my position on my people from the get-go, but for some reason not really clear to me, some of you take it to mean that I am neither here nor there, part-Igala and part-Igbo leading to really unneccesary and frustrating fights.

Hian.

1 Like

Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by RedboneSmith(m): 1:12pm On Jan 22, 2021
Yujin:

Lol. This story is very funny yet interesting. Some questions below will help to clarify some grey areas from this Ayegba of a guy.
1. Who's this Obi Igbo and who crowned him King?
2. Which territory was he crowned over?
3. Who are these his people that the Idah Prince was suppose to teach how sing, dance and to play the wooden gong?
This story is supposed to have happened 500yrs ago and the princes found the new place with her people very hospitable such that they refused to return to Idah. Today, Ayegba wants to claim it as a town founded by the Igala.
See why I said it is a funny story.
Ayegba is actually dumb going by this story.

Ayegba Abdullahi is a mad man. I've actually said as much on this forum.
Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by RedboneSmith(m): 1:19pm On Jan 22, 2021
MelesZenawi:

Gbam.

But clearly by his loudness on igala issue totally shows where his loyalty lies.

I've literally met no one as confused as yourself. Or as devoid of intelligence.

Intially, you mentioned me on this thread to tell me I have been misleading people on Nairaland by telling them Illah is an Igbo town, and that I never mentioned the Igala influences on the town.

I came in and defended myself, pointing out that on more than one occasion since 2017 I have had cause to discuss those issues on Nairaland.

Promptly, you changed position and started talking about how I am loud on Igala issues, and how my loyalty lies with the Igala.

Oga, which is it: am I trying to hide the Igala influences on Illah or am I too loud on Igala issues? I can't be both.

1 Like

Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by Abagworo(m): 2:05pm On Jan 22, 2021
MelesZenawi:

We all once read here that illah were Igbos are postulated by u.

So because Illah Igbo people allowed Igala to settle among them has suddenly turned Illah to Igala? Based on the names and titles it is obvious Igbo civilization was already engraved in Illah before the coming of few Igala shown love and hospitality by the Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Meet Your Illah Igala People In Delta State by pazienza(m): 4:21pm On Jan 22, 2021
RedboneSmith:

Why is this hard to understand na. We are Igbo. We are not Igala. Some of us have Igala ancestry. They've been assimilated and are fully Igbo. I mentioned Nsukka to serve as an illustration for the Illah situtation, because a similar thing played out in their history, where some Igala people moved south and are now fully Igbonised. Not Igala anymore.

This has been my position on my people from the get-go, but for some reason not really clear to me, some of you take it to mean that I am neither here nor there, part-Igala and part-Igbo leading to really unneccesary and frustrating fights.

Hian.

Okay. Bro. No issues. We are cool.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbo Mask? / I Am From East Africa! / Which Ethnic Group Is Considered Strongest In Terms Of Physical Strength?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.