Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,287 members, 7,887,835 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:52 PM

Christian Ruling On Charging Interest On Loans - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Ruling On Charging Interest On Loans (196 Views)

Tithes On Loans / Job, Numbers: Bible Books That Swayed Supreme Court Ruling On Female Inheritance / Father Mbaka: What Ihedioha Should Have Done Before Supreme Court Ruling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian Ruling On Charging Interest On Loans by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 17, 2021
As Christians, the bible is against Charging interest on loans. When a person comes to ask you for a loan, you are to give the person the loan without asking for interest on the money. For example, if i borrow you 10 naira, i am not suppose to tell you to pay 12 naira, once i add 2 naira to the 10 naira, i have charge interest and it is a sin to God. The logic behind this is simple, for you to borrow 10 naira from me, it means you do not have any money, telling you to pay 12 naira when you return the money will create more burden for you and infact will make you poorer.

Christians are suppose to be their brothers keeper not their oppressor. Charging interest is oppression, it makes the debtor a slave to the creditor, no wonder many Christians today are suffering from high blood pressure, hypertension and overthinking because of the monthly interest they have to pay on the loan they collect which already makes them slaves to the system.

If you read Deu 23vs 19, it says

You shall not charge interest on loans to your brother, interest on money, interest on food, interest on anything that is lent for interest.

As Christians, we are suppose to obey the word of God, so that we will not sin against God. God sees charging interest on a loan as extortion and an abomination before God.

Bible Reference

Exodus 22 vs 25, Deu 23 vs 19-20, Proverbs 28 Vs 8, Psalm 15 vs 15, Luke 6 vs 34-35, Psalm 112 vs 5.
Re: Christian Ruling On Charging Interest On Loans by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 17, 2021
And the same Christian will go against interest free banking bcs its Islamic

2 Likes

Re: Christian Ruling On Charging Interest On Loans by Nobody: 9:22am On Jan 17, 2021
Sodiquinone:

That is because most of them do not read their bibles or even understand what they read. Even Jesus Christ spoke against collecting interest.

No wonder, many of them are slaves to the banks and also to loan apps. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Christian Ruling On Charging Interest On Loans by BroOptimist(m): 10:31am On Jan 17, 2021
Sodiquinone:

Don't mind them. Most of them are just pathological hypocrites while others are unaware ignoramuses. They just hate anything that has to do with Islam.

Anyway, let them continue...

(1) (Reply)

There Is Nothing In This World Surpasses The Scriptures — Bishop Oyedepo / ANCIENT TRUTH / Always Remember That Satan's Servants Will Try To Make You Feel Sad And Guilty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.