Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,136 members, 7,939,575 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 08:34 AM

What Is The Solution To Niger Delta Crisis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Solution To Niger Delta Crisis (1366 Views)

Buhari Deploys Service Chiefs To Niger Delta Over Rising Militancy. / Children Welcome President Buhari To Niger Republic In Style (photo) / Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Solution To Niger Delta Crisis by debo25(m): 11:27am On Jul 03, 2007
The situation in the niger delta calls for attention because whatever affect the region directly affect the country at large.Iwant fellow landers to suggest parmanet solution to crisis and unrest in the niger delta.
Re: What Is The Solution To Niger Delta Crisis by desgiezd(m): 10:41am On Jul 05, 2007
The solution to the Niger Delta crisis is a simple one. Nigeria as a country should be restructured in a way that each state/region manages its resources, use such resources for their development and grow at their individual paces. I have heard stories of how the old Western Region used their cocoa wealth to develop the area by building Cocoa House, Liberty Stadium, Television House (all these are first in Nigera and the TV station, first in Africa) and even introduced free education and how the Northern Region used groundnut and cotton to develop their area while the Eastern Region also used Palm Oil wealth to develop their area. Nigeria should revert back to that and the Federal Government should tax each state on the money they make. This is the essence of a federal structure that we have.

If this can not be implemented all at once, then it could be done gradually by increasing the percentage attributable to the Derivation Policy to, say, something between 35% and 50%. Until this is done, quite sadly, it is not likely that this country will know peace. I have never gone beyond Port Harcourt in the South-South Region but people that have been to the creeks have stories of woe to tell so much so that one begins to imagine how the people there survive. We can not continue to subject the people (that is, the real owners of  the wealth) to a life of penury while our leaders live a live of opulence.
Re: What Is The Solution To Niger Delta Crisis by denex: 1:38pm On Jul 05, 2007
The NigerDelta issue is already being solved and the solution is TOP SECRET. If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
Re: What Is The Solution To Niger Delta Crisis by BUSHFELLOW(m): 2:39pm On Jul 05, 2007
every state should control their resources thats all
Re: What Is The Solution To Niger Delta Crisis by desgiezd(m): 2:43pm On Jul 05, 2007
@denex

Seems you belong to the inner caucus of the Yar Adua government, or are u the OBJ representative there?
Re: What Is The Solution To Niger Delta Crisis by denex: 2:54pm On Jul 05, 2007
I'm just a political analyst. And I see what is happening.
Re: What Is The Solution To Niger Delta Crisis by needeeg(m): 3:36pm On Jul 05, 2007
@Desgie
Lol

Guess Denex trying to entertained his self by political analyst of Yar'adua administration!
Re: What Is The Solution To Niger Delta Crisis by jesusfreak(f): 7:08pm On Jul 05, 2007
denex:

The NigerDelta issue is already being solved and the solution is TOP SECRET. If I told you, I'd have to kill you.

oh yeah?

im not interested in the TOP SECRET then!
Re: What Is The Solution To Niger Delta Crisis by otokx(m): 1:24pm On Jul 06, 2007
The roads are bad, no light, no hospital and some people are in Abuja sharing money.
Re: What Is The Solution To Niger Delta Crisis by denex: 1:44pm On Jul 06, 2007
@otokx

the roads are bad, no water, no light.

Are kidnappers not in the Niger-Delta sharing money?

Some groups of people in the Niger-Delta are just naturally violent. For years they were killing each other based on who owns Warri. To the extent that the plate numbers for Warri had to be changed from WAR to WRR. Government was the referee trying to broker peace. All of a sudden, these terrorists just realised through some entrepreneural calculations that this their violent nature can be used to generate income. An exceedingly large amount of income, hence the bird of MEND and its associate groups making demands that they really care about.

Let them continue kidnapping. Shey they've started kidnapping toddlers? It will reach a point they will be kidnapping unborn babies from their mothers womb.

God save Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Yaradua's Agenda / Odili Diverted Beechcraft 1900d Aircraft. / The Delayed Harvest In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.