Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,046 members, 7,970,240 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 12:56 AM

Why Did Jonathan Restore Nuhu Ribadu's Aig Rank - Was It Part Of His Good Nature - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Jonathan Restore Nuhu Ribadu's Aig Rank - Was It Part Of His Good Nature (723 Views)

Little Girl Tells Nuhu Gidado She Will Be A Deputy Gov Too / AIG Mbu In Mild Drama At Lekki Toll Plaza / Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Jonathan Restore Nuhu Ribadu's Aig Rank - Was It Part Of His Good Nature by headtoto: 9:09pm On Apr 01, 2011
Is GEJ a good man really?

By restoring ACN candidate Nuhu Ribadu’s AIG rank and permitting him and Nasir El-Rufai return from exile, has he proved himself as part of the good natured Nigerian?
Re: Why Did Jonathan Restore Nuhu Ribadu's Aig Rank - Was It Part Of His Good Nature by DisGuy: 9:25pm On Apr 01, 2011
no its part of his populist, just 'leave dem alone' attitude to the law, mumu

we have the courts for a reason
Re: Why Did Jonathan Restore Nuhu Ribadu's Aig Rank - Was It Part Of His Good Nature by DisGuy: 9:27pm On Apr 01, 2011
We need a competent leader not a good natured fi-de-he make everybody chop national cake
Re: Why Did Jonathan Restore Nuhu Ribadu's Aig Rank - Was It Part Of His Good Nature by wesley08(m): 9:55pm On Apr 01, 2011
My favorite GEJ Quote on the day of his declaration was when he said 'I have no enemies to fight' and he has been true to himself and to Nigerians by keeping his word. Any other person that endured what he did before ascending the throne would have gone about unleashing terror on his opponents and the famed Cabal that kept him from power, but not Gej. Where are the cabal today? The Ibori's and the Aondoka's how far have they gone? Unfortunately, some naive folks see this as a weakness and i do not blame them afterall most of them had to live through some parts of almost five decades of mostly brutal and vindictive military regimes, so their having a somewhat twisted view of what Power, freedom and democracy Should mean to a leader is understandable.
Gej is not only good natured but also understands what the country needs to put it back on its strongest foot - all her best hands on deck regardless of personal views, affiliations and perceptions along with strong reinforcing institutions. Unfortunately, i cant say same for any of his opponents.
Re: Why Did Jonathan Restore Nuhu Ribadu's Aig Rank - Was It Part Of His Good Nature by Rorhymes(m): 2:34pm On Apr 02, 2011
I believe GEJ did it becoz deep inside he is a good man. it really doesn't matter if people don't appreciate the good you do, you do it anyway, coz its not between u and them.

He knows injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. He also knows that its better to ALWAYS do the right thing.

U do well joh!
Re: Why Did Jonathan Restore Nuhu Ribadu's Aig Rank - Was It Part Of His Good Nature by DisGuy: 3:40pm On Apr 02, 2011
so the thousands of people in prisons up and down the country, why cant he release them since they were just picked up from the street
most have been there for years awaiting trial

our good man Jonathan should please release them o, score better brownie points that way

DO THE RIGHT THING, PLEASE RELEASE THOUSANDS AWAITING TRIAL!!
Re: Why Did Jonathan Restore Nuhu Ribadu's Aig Rank - Was It Part Of His Good Nature by Dede1(m): 4:35pm On Apr 02, 2011
@OP

Goodluck Jonathan did it because he is a fool as well as a rogue. The need to represent good natured behavior does not negate the idea of being law-abiding. The first step towards sanitization of any society is to make everybody answerable to the laws of the land.

Goodluck Jonathan acts of restoring Nuhu Ribadu’s AIG rank and permitting him and Nasir El-Rufai return to Nigeria without facing the charges brought against them were marks of indiscipline and recklessness,

Goodluck Jonathan should have allowed the Ribadu and El-Rufai to defend their innocence in the law court regardless the flimsiness of the charges. How many Nigerians of low social strata have received such treatment even when faced with less offence such as constituting a public nuance?

I did not cringe when Goodluck Jonathan wantonly flouted certain section of PDP constitution for personal ends because he had shown the trait of an outlaw. Criminals shall find a way to defend fellow criminals.
Re: Why Did Jonathan Restore Nuhu Ribadu's Aig Rank - Was It Part Of His Good Nature by Rorhymes(m): 5:18pm On Apr 04, 2011
If being good natured is a crime, the GEJ should be locked up.

If believing that people can change or need a second chance is a crime GEJ should be locked up to.

Now if all of such people are locked up who would be left on the streets or even as president?? I shudder at the thought of such a Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

You Misled Us, Nsa Tells Jega / Buhari To Jonathan: Don’t Harass Inec / Wanted: President Gaddafi Of Nigeria By Ugochukwu Ejinkeonye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.