Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,153 members, 7,890,891 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:17 PM

I'm confused, What Should I Do? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I'm confused, What Should I Do? (432 Views)

I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused / WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria / I'm Confused, Pls Is It Futminna That Has Offered Me Admission? (screenshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm confused, What Should I Do? by Brogrammer(m): 9:18pm On Jan 18, 2021
Hi everyone, I finished my service last year and I have been back home ever since then... To the main point, I recently got a link to teach in a secondary school that will pay close to 25k monthly... knowing fully well that my folks can get toxic sometimes, l'm thinking of declining the job to avoid staying with them and move out to another city(to stay with a friend) with no hope of job yet but I'm optimistic as I'm not the lazy type.

I may get too comfortable after taking this teaching job and stop looking out for better opportunities, which in turn can hinder my self growth... I haven't decided what to do yet as I'm at crossroad.

Should I take the teaching job or I should move out. I need y'all opinion/views.

PS: I started learning how to code before the end of my service and I'm really getting good at it. I'm currently learning JavaScript and will start ReactJS next month.
Re: I'm confused, What Should I Do? by shamsin6300(m): 9:52pm On Jan 18, 2021
More confuse than you are.
Re: I'm confused, What Should I Do? by youngsahito(m): 9:56pm On Jan 18, 2021
Brogrammer:
Hi everyone, I finished my service last year and I have been back home ever since then... To the main point, I recently got a link to teach in a secondary school that will pay close to 25k monthly... knowing fully well that my folks can get toxic sometimes, l'm thinking of declining the job to avoid staying with them and move out to another city(to stay with a friend) with no hope of job yet but I'm optimistic as I'm not the lazy type.

I may get too comfortable after taking this teaching job and stop looking out for better opportunities, which in turn can hinder my self growth... I haven't decided what to do yet as I'm at crossroad.

Should I teaching job or I should move out. I need y'all opinion/views.

PS: I started learning how to code before the end of my service and I'm really getting good at it. I'm currently learning JavaScript and will start ReactJS next month.
why not focus on your skills rather than money.
Re: I'm confused, What Should I Do? by Brogrammer(m): 10:04pm On Jan 18, 2021
youngsahito:
why not focus on your skills rather than money.
Thanks for your input man, I'm very focused but I need a job to sustain myself till I start monetizing my skill.
Re: I'm confused, What Should I Do? by Brogrammer(m): 10:05pm On Jan 18, 2021
shamsin6300:
More confuse than you are.

We will pull through this
Re: I'm confused, What Should I Do? by youngsahito(m): 10:08pm On Jan 18, 2021
Brogrammer:

Thanks for your input man, I'm very focused but I need a job to sustain myself till I start monetizing my skill.
then go for the teaching job if it will offers u what u want.
Re: I'm confused, What Should I Do? by Sonyx(f): 10:34pm On Jan 18, 2021
Brogrammer:

If the job doesn't take most of your time, then you should take the teaching job, so that you can have time to grow your skills.
Re: I'm confused, What Should I Do? by kalu61(m): 6:21am On Jan 20, 2021
I will advice you to leave from experience. The survival instinct with your skill, you will be better off.

You can still get a teaching job, continue improving in your skill and doing side hustle with it when you move out.

l repeat, move out?

You can come back when it didn't work or rather work for the term(3 months), save and move out.

(1) (Reply)

Unilag Foundation Jupeb Form 2021/2022 Sales Programe / He Spent Valentine's Day With The Homeless Kids Of Oshodi On The Train Tracks / Best Time To Read For Exams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.