Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,633 members, 7,905,398 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 11:16 AM

Igboho: Why Amotekun Is Failing And Why Yoruba Must Liberate Self From Northern - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Igboho: Why Amotekun Is Failing And Why Yoruba Must Liberate Self From Northern (396 Views)

EFCC Distances Self From Dismissed Staff, Peter Akpanke / Osun: Amotekun Catches Gang Leader 'Shadow' Through A Commercial Sex Worker / Herdsmen And Their Cows Chased Out Of Ekiti By Amotekun (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igboho: Why Amotekun Is Failing And Why Yoruba Must Liberate Self From Northern by LiveTimesNG: 1:29pm On Jan 19, 2021
Why Amotekun is failing and why Yoruba must liberate self from Northern enslavement - Sunday Igboho (Video)

The present strongman of Yorubaland, Chief Sunday Adeyemo popularly known as Sunday Igboho has expressed anger over the restiveness of Fulani herdsmen in Yorubaland.

Igboho who was speaking on Fresh FM with Abolade Salami on a program tagged "Dende Oro", he maintained that it is high time Yoruba must wake up from their slumber and defend their territory.

He frowned at how Fulanis are maltreating Yoruba in their land and acting as if they can go free. He noted that though Amotekun was was formed to tackle crimes by Fulani herdsmen saying but some noticeable failure is traceable to how the security outfit was founded.

According to him, the Fulani herdsmen have superior weapons than what Amotekun corps have. He added that men recruited into the Amotekun are educated persons and not those who are fortified with traditional powers.

He said: "Amotekun shouldn't be for those who are educated local traditionalists who traditionally fortified. Government supposed to involved Are Onakakanfo and other traditionalists like OPC, Agbekoya, local hunters and if I am invited, I'm ready to render help. I have men who can assist if situation gets out of hands.

"We should not blame insecurity on religion but on our bad leaders. Northerners are taking good care of their people in the region while Yoruba are shortchanged. They says we are one Nigeria but Northerners are enjoining the largesse while Yoruba people are suffering", he said.

Sunday Igboho while speaking on Ibarapa evicted notice to Fulani people, he said:" One Jabele called my attention to how Fulani men are maltreating Yoruba in the area and how they are killing, kidnapping and their Seriki collecting ransom from their victims to make life uncomfortable for our people in the area. I intervened after the people and leaders in the area called me to intervene", he said.

Watch video in link below...

https://livetimesng.com/why-amotekun-is-failing-and-why-yoruba-must-liberate-self-from-northern-enslavement-sunday-igboho-video/

Re: Igboho: Why Amotekun Is Failing And Why Yoruba Must Liberate Self From Northern by IamAtikulate: 1:32pm On Jan 19, 2021
Go to Yoruba FB page and see yorubas praying for their own Nnamdi Kanu but will come online to say rubbish against the same man they wish they have.

1 Like

Re: Igboho: Why Amotekun Is Failing And Why Yoruba Must Liberate Self From Northern by mike8804: 2:35pm On Jan 19, 2021
though am educated, a family man and comfortable but if things get worse I won't mind joining one Yoruba militia group to defend my father's land(Yoruba land). Come from a family of warlords in ekiti, na education and religion make person no reason am.
Re: Igboho: Why Amotekun Is Failing And Why Yoruba Must Liberate Self From Northern by cocolacec(m): 2:50pm On Jan 19, 2021
mike8804:
though am educated, a family man and comfortable but if things get worse I won't mind joining one Yoruba militia group to defend my father's land(Yoruba land). Come from a family of warlords in ekiti, na education and religion make person no reason am.
All Yorubas need to be prepared for all eventualities.I think the Fulanis are trying to create another Darfur crisis in Nigeria so they will not relinquish power in 2023.

1 Like

Re: Igboho: Why Amotekun Is Failing And Why Yoruba Must Liberate Self From Northern by crispus09(m): 3:15pm On Jan 19, 2021
Mumu opinion
Amotekun is here to stay

(1) (Reply)

Suspected Kidnappers Kill 4 Policemen In Cross River, Cart Away Arms / Man Sentenced To Death & 10-year Imprisonment In Ekiti / Tension As Suspected IPOB, Security Personnel Clash In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.