Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,268 members, 7,964,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 09:36 AM

Which Should We Celebrate More: Weddings Vs Marriage Anniversary ? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Should We Celebrate More: Weddings Vs Marriage Anniversary ? (11554 Views)

Physically Challenged Woman Marks 3-years Marriage Anniversary With Husband / Love In NYSC Camp: OCI Foundation Founder Marks 15th Marriage Anniversary / 15th Marriage Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Should We Celebrate More: Weddings Vs Marriage Anniversary ? by Ashirioluwa: 9:13am On Sep 16, 2021
None
Re: Which Should We Celebrate More: Weddings Vs Marriage Anniversary ? by ImaIma1(f): 9:19am On Sep 16, 2021
Marriage is once in a lifetime, so it should be celebrated.

Wedding Anniversaries are milestones and should also be celebrated.

Both are important.
Re: Which Should We Celebrate More: Weddings Vs Marriage Anniversary ? by seunny4lif(m): 9:21am On Sep 16, 2021
Thank goodness my father in law no get time
I was still angry I spent close to a million for my wedding because someone just chopped out 400K inside the 1M grin

punisha:
I still am regretting doing that useless white wedding and spending extravagantly on a one day event that isn't mandatory but just because we want to copy whites.

Even had to ask MC to get to closing remark so everyone can eat and go home the moment we realized we weren't making sense of what was going on around us.
I mean even people who didnt like us practically were shinning teeth and dancing...
Like who u dey whine? My food should be choking u for all I know Sef.

Been 6 years of bliss and I look forward to every years anniversary and would advice anyone with ears, do not waste money copying oyibo when at the end of day you won't even see a quarter of what u invested Abi spent. Unless u have president as your papa, then go ahead.

Use that money for white wedding, travel to Dubai or Santorini...other nice places exist like langkawi in Malaysia. Nice tourist bubbling locations plenty. One week expense won't even be up to the 3m u will spend in one day to please mostly people u won't even know came for the wedding.
Cooking for 600people...like wtf?!
This topic alone is vexing me. I feel like slapping myself again walahi
Re: Which Should We Celebrate More: Weddings Vs Marriage Anniversary ? by seunny4lif(m): 9:22am On Sep 16, 2021
Well, we always celebrates ours in the bedroom grin
Re: Which Should We Celebrate More: Weddings Vs Marriage Anniversary ? by Coolgent(m): 9:24am On Sep 16, 2021
Smile4mee01:
Sometimes I take a look back on marriages in my family and the society and see where exorbitant amounts were spent on wedding ceremonies only for the marriages to hit the rocks a few years later.

Is it not better to celebrate 20/30/40 years wedding anniversary than the wedding itself? Because that way one can take stock of one's life, see how either partner has been a blessing to each other, and move on.

Even in university admission, Matriculation is not celebrated as much, but graduation. Even graduation comes with mixed reactions because you never know if you will get a job with it, or even keep it away ad hustle in business.

I remember weddings of Tiwa savage, toke makinwa that year. E loud, Even the FCMB saga banker who died, celebrated his wedding not knowing what the future held. We often forget the risk involved. Many men and women have had their lives worsened via the marriage intuition. Some have also made their lives better.

Also, Almost all marriages had prayers in it. before and after prayers, was it that those prayers were not answered or what went wrong?

In a nutshell, I believe and support marriages. I just don't think it makes no sense to go over and beyond celebrating marriages nowadays with the inherent risk of the union ending up. I would rather spend on an anniversary, on my partner, celebrating and thanking God for a successful union so far.

All of these things make me observe.
Nice one, you should attended Maryam Sanda's exotic wedding too
Re: Which Should We Celebrate More: Weddings Vs Marriage Anniversary ? by Coolgent(m): 9:25am On Sep 16, 2021
Smile4mee01:
Sometimes I take a look back on marriages in my family and the society and see where exorbitant amounts were spent on wedding ceremonies only for the marriages to hit the rocks a few years later.

Is it not better to celebrate 20/30/40 years wedding anniversary than the wedding itself? Because that way one can take stock of one's life, see how either partner has been a blessing to each other, and move on.

Even in university admission, Matriculation is not celebrated as much, but graduation. Even graduation comes with mixed reactions because you never know if you will get a job with it, or even keep it away ad hustle in business.

I remember weddings of Tiwa savage, toke makinwa that year. E loud, Even the FCMB saga banker who died, celebrated his wedding not knowing what the future held. We often forget the risk involved. Many men and women have had their lives worsened via the marriage intuition. Some have also made their lives better.

Also, Almost all marriages had prayers in it. before and after prayers, was it that those prayers were not answered or what went wrong?

In a nutshell, I believe and support marriages. I just don't think it makes no sense to go over and beyond celebrating marriages nowadays with the inherent risk of the union ending up. I would rather spend on an anniversary, on my partner, celebrating and thanking God for a successful union so far.

Nice one, you should attended Maryam Sanda's exotic wedding too and what followed afterward
Re: Which Should We Celebrate More: Weddings Vs Marriage Anniversary ? by Gist1234(m): 9:25am On Sep 16, 2021
Marriage Anniversary.It is not easy to still be together after many years.
Re: Which Should We Celebrate More: Weddings Vs Marriage Anniversary ? by Heavance(m): 9:39am On Sep 16, 2021
Smile4mee01:

Hmmm...
Omo, on this topic, I believe we think alike seriously. You just said what I always think o.
When I see people inviting many people for the wedding celebrations, and posting many pictures on social media...... It is always a No No for me.
Some believe I am too serious, but I think ahead with my head. It is better we celebrate 5 years anniversary as the start, than uploading proposal & prewedding pics on all social media platforms, in the name of being woke.
A man easily moves on, but the women who are always more affected are the ones who jump at uploading pictures & videos here and there.
We are not saying people should not celebrate as some people will think, but the goal should be focused on celebrating 5 years anniversary as a start, then 10 years and so on.... Not decorating social media with big elaborate weddings and within 2 years, stories of crash jumps in.
Re: Which Should We Celebrate More: Weddings Vs Marriage Anniversary ? by Mrjonah(m): 9:49am On Sep 16, 2021
Wedding anniversary
Re: Which Should We Celebrate More: Weddings Vs Marriage Anniversary ? by femi4: 10:01am On Sep 16, 2021
Smile4mee01:

Both should be celebrated. Every of your achievement in life no matter how small deserves to be celebrated
Re: Which Should We Celebrate More: Weddings Vs Marriage Anniversary ? by neonly: 10:02am On Sep 16, 2021
Smile4mee01:

To me I think anniversary is better to be celebrated because if you can survive years in d hands of this people than it an achievement
Re: Which Should We Celebrate More: Weddings Vs Marriage Anniversary ? by AlabiJ: 10:04am On Sep 16, 2021
With the way marriages are breaking left and right, I don't see the need for big and elaborate weddings anymore. It is better to celebrate wedding anniversaries to highlight the effort being put into the marriage in order to sustain it. My two cents.
Re: Which Should We Celebrate More: Weddings Vs Marriage Anniversary ? by Lawalemi(m): 10:12am On Sep 16, 2021
I always do the two but the last one is more celebrated
Re: Which Should We Celebrate More: Weddings Vs Marriage Anniversary ? by highchief1: 10:26am On Sep 16, 2021
Smile4mee01:

I alway traveled abroad on my anniversary until last year my dad died on my anniversary day.I don’t even want to remember that day talkleee of celebrating
Re: Which Should We Celebrate More: Weddings Vs Marriage Anniversary ? by MORhodes: 10:28am On Sep 16, 2021
Celebrating the anniversary is as important as celebrating the wedding but I think the latter is more important. It only makes sense to set the pace of something you're trying to go into, expecting to last forever with the most you can offer without trying to impress anybody but yourselves.

The matriculation and graduation example is not a great comparison as the graduation marks the end of the journey whereby an anniversary is about the progression. I don't think you celebrate going into the next year in school as much as the matriculation.
Re: Which Should We Celebrate More: Weddings Vs Marriage Anniversary ? by BenjiDhelium: 11:07am On Sep 16, 2021
Let’s not forget celebration is celebration be it low key or not. We shouldn’t tag celebration as something of glamorous spending and all d likes.
I go with the two, none is to be left uncelebrated it touches the heart so well ✊�
Re: Which Should We Celebrate More: Weddings Vs Marriage Anniversary ? by bluefilm: 12:36pm On Sep 16, 2021
Smile4mee01:

None.

Vanity upon vanity

All is nothing but vanity.
Re: Which Should We Celebrate More: Weddings Vs Marriage Anniversary ? by gentlegenius(m): 1:35pm On Sep 16, 2021
punisha:
I still am regretting doing that useless white wedding and spending extravagantly on a one day event that isn't mandatory but just because we want to copy whites.

Even had to ask MC to get to closing remark so everyone can eat and go home the moment we realized we weren't making sense of what was going on around us.
I mean even people who didnt like us practically were shinning teeth and dancing...
Like who u dey whine? My food should be choking u for all I know Sef.

Been 6 years of bliss and I look forward to every years anniversary and would advice anyone with ears, do not waste money copying oyibo when at the end of day you won't even see a quarter of what u invested Abi spent. Unless u have president as your papa, then go ahead.

Use that money for white wedding, travel to Dubai or Santorini...other nice places exist like langkawi in Malaysia. Nice tourist bubbling locations plenty. One week expense won't even be up to the 3m u will spend in one day to please mostly people u won't even know came for the wedding.
Cooking for 600people...like wtf?!
This topic alone is vexing me. I feel like slapping myself again walahi
It's good that you have learned your lessons and changed your mentality about useless celebrations. But I will disagree with you on copying the whites because I've seen a few wedding ceremonies of white people. They made sure everything is low key. They don't seek to impress the public as we do here, so they spend very little. Here, even when we plan to make it low key, we still waste too much money because our main goal is to impress the public.
We invite too many people and still keep spare seats for uninvited guests. White people only provide seats for the number of people they invite. We buy enough food and drinks and even provide extras for uninvited guests. Sometimes, these uninvited guests can be more than the invited ones. White people don't have the culture of going to occasions they were not invited just to consume free food and drinks. Therefore, contrary to what we do here, white people always spends little or nothing on food and drinks as we do here.
The point I am trying to make is that we are not really copying the whites because we don't do weddings the way the whites do. We got the culture from them though, but we fail to copy them in practice.

1 Like

Re: Which Should We Celebrate More: Weddings Vs Marriage Anniversary ? by enemyofprogress: 4:18pm On Sep 16, 2021
Boat of them should be celebrated
Re: Which Should We Celebrate More: Weddings Vs Marriage Anniversary ? by Danosophe(m): 6:56pm On Sep 16, 2021
The Wedding ceremony is/was just a ceremony. The Marriage is a lifetime thing. So MarriageVersary should be celebrated.
Re: Which Should We Celebrate More: Weddings Vs Marriage Anniversary ? by Jogotai1: 7:36pm On Sep 16, 2021
Weddings should be celebrated more cos its once in a lifetime. We have so many anniversaries

(1) (2) (Reply)

Appreciating Your Spouse / Does Your Family Eat Together With Housemaid / After Childbirth How Long Can You Wait Before Sexual Intercourse???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.