Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,417 members, 7,881,529 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:33 PM

Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet (5745 Views)

Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion / Mode Nine And Rap / 50 Cent Vs Eedris Abdulkareem,whom Do U Support? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by abdurrazaq(m): 3:57pm On Apr 05, 2011
Tony Tetuila, Eedris, Rasquie, etc may have started at the same era but, there achievement varies. Eedris actually stood out with hit songs, bad and good headline-making stories. He isn't a Legend undecided because they all started together but because he actually worked harder than they did.
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by tosinaded(m): 4:22pm On Apr 05, 2011
abdurrazaq:

Tony Tetuila, Eedris, Rasquie, etc may have started at the same era but, there achievement varies. Eedris actually stood out with hit songs, bad and good headline-making stories. He isn't a Legend undecided because they all started together but because he actually worked harder than they did.

simple as A B C. . . . .
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by naijangel7(f): 5:18pm On Apr 05, 2011
How old am i? As in really?

@Tosin, i wasn't asking how old you are. I was quoting Eedris's thick Yoruba accent in "player meji". He was asking the girls "How hold hare you?" not "How old are you?" grin
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by Bamsyle2(m): 5:35pm On Apr 05, 2011
Eedris may not be a super lyricist . . . no, he was not even a lyricist . . . but he made good music back in the days, never mind the "figidy migidy" or wonder bout the relationship between 'foofoo' and 'dudu' . . .

His songs may not focus on lyrics, but he had an overall melodious and rhythmical style . . . plus a strong voice to deliver it.

You might disagree bout him being a legend, but you can't deny the fact that he's deserving of that title . . .

Music-wise (bar rap only), Eedris is much better than the Ruggedman that criticized him - this might be one of the most controversial statements I'll ever make on Nl . . . anyone can quote me on this one.
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by tosinaded(m): 6:31pm On Apr 05, 2011
Bamsyle.:

Eedris may not be a super lyricist . . . no, he was not even a lyricist . . . but he made good music back in the days, never mind the "figidy migidy" or wonder bout the relationship between 'foofoo' and 'dudu' . . .

His songs may not focus on lyrics, but he had an overall melodious and rhythmical style . . . plus a strong voice to deliver it.

You might disagree bout him being a legend, but you can't deny the fact that he's deserving of that title . . .

Music-wise (bar rap only), Eedris is much better than the Ruggedman that criticized him - this might be one of the most controversial statements I'll ever make on Nl . . . anyone can quote me on this one.

quote u? u just incured the wrath of sum peeps that think Ruggedman is the best in the world!
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by naijangel7(f): 6:52pm On Apr 05, 2011
Bamsyle.:

Agreed 100%. doesn't make him "A super lyricist and Rap vet", though. He wasn't even a rapper at all! cheesy
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by ruz(m): 6:59pm On Apr 05, 2011
Yeah Eedris is no lyricist, even my '5yr old nephew' knows that, but he has a superb flow that stands him out in the rap game, even up till today. Only Saucekid can beat his flow in the industry. Dont even mention Rugged here pls.
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by dammiecool(m): 8:39am On Apr 06, 2011
Bamsyle.:

Bros I no understand you o!!! angry angry angry
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by Bamsyle2(m): 9:10am On Apr 06, 2011
^^Lighten up bruv . . . grin

If our scope is limited to Rap only, Rugged is a better rapper than Eedris . . . his "Thy Album Come" remains one of the best rap albums ever to emerge from Africa . . . but when you look at the bigger picture Music-wise, Eedris churns out heavy tunes+rhythm . . . if only he could get his lyrics right, he'll be contending for a Top 10 spot amongst Naija rappers.

Comparing Eedris and Rugged is like comparing Kanye West and Xzibit . . . the former makes better music overall, the latter is the better rapper.
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by dammiecool(m): 9:56am On Apr 06, 2011
Bamsyle.:

^^Lighten up bruv . . . grin

If our scope is limited to Rap only, Rugged is a better rapper than Eedris . . . his "Thy Album Come" remains one of the best rap albums ever to emerge from Africa . . . but when you look at the bigger picture Music-wise, Eedris churns out heavy tunes+rhythm . . . if only he could get his lyrics right, he'll be contending for a Top 10 spot amongst Naija rappers.

Comparing Eedris and Rugged is like comparing Kanye West and Xzibit . . . the former makes better music overall, the latter is the better rapper.

9ice analysis wink bros try to open a consulting firm,you sound like a good consultant grin cheesy cheesy wink u re one of the few people I respect on NL cool cool cool
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by medjai(m): 9:57am On Apr 06, 2011
I think 'Wakawiki Emcees' is one of the best ever hip hop tracks to come out of Nigeria.
Eedris is definitely a legend.
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by ruz(m): 9:58am On Apr 06, 2011
New drop: Won kere- Eedris Abdulkareem ft. Fatai Rolling Dollar. Eedris jst cant stop. Vet.
http://www.notjustok.com/2011/04/05/exclusive-eedris-abdulkareem-won-kere-ft-fatai-rolling-dollar/#idc-container
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by Basildon1(m): 10:25am On Apr 06, 2011
I think it's just freaking SENTIMENTAL and an exaggeration to call him a legend, WTF. Let's just say, nuff respect to him as an entertainer, as a self motivated artiste!

Life is about opportunties, he came out when we were just so happy to have a NIGERIAN artiste doing hip/hop or r&b. For the genre which he claims - rap, i swear even though i liked his music, i used to make fun of him and think he was a clown. I mean this was the era of THE LOX!

A real talent can lose steam or relevance but nobody will ever look back and think you were wack! Think of Tuface, Modenine, Daddy Showkey- They have been around for time and new artistes can still learn from them. What the hell are you going to learn from listening to Eedris' old tracks.
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by tosinaded(m): 10:30am On Apr 06, 2011
@basildon
what do u learn 4rm new tracks today? Tell me. . . .

Jaga jaga get enuf msg, mr lecturer get msg, letter to mr president get msg . . .
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by Basildon1(m): 10:39am On Apr 06, 2011
^^
Tosinaded@, I'm not talking of internal message o. I am talking of flows, structure, beats. Older artistes always have a subconscious influence on new up and coming artistes. U cant do igbo rap and not study (not copy o) Nigga Raw, that would be madness!
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by tosinaded(m): 10:51am On Apr 06, 2011
Am sorry buh i dnt get ur point, mayb u shld elaborate a lil more
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by Basildon1(m): 11:05am On Apr 06, 2011
I just used Nigga Raw as an example, u can draw inspiration from his style. Tribesmen shaped rap for real. 5 years from now, young cats will refer to MI's flow and be like that's how to take over! Eedris was forcing his rhymes, sumtimes it was painfully obvious he was forcing his lines to fit the beat.

Foo-foo, scooby doo and all that ish. I mean just read the bars pasted here. C'mon!!
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by Bamsyle2(m): 5:00pm On Apr 06, 2011
dammiecool:

9ice analysis wink bros try to open a consulting firm,you sound like a good consultant grin cheesy cheesy wink u re one of the few people I respect on NL cool cool cool

I'm honoured bruv . . . many thanks grin grin
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by lalaboi(m): 5:31pm On Apr 06, 2011
;d
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by slimshay(m): 5:53pm On Apr 06, 2011
Eedris is not near a good lyricist. He's however an excellent entertainer. If people wanna give folks like Dbanj a pass for that, then I'll extend the same courtesy to him.

However IMO Eedris' biggest contribution to the music scene, is that people like DBanj can sing something like 'I make 10million in a week' and folks almost believe.

Like someone said, he became the scapegoat for more respect to the naija artiste. Ori ti won fi fo agbon.

I remember when 2shotz was bragging about 'making 100grand per show' . . . .how times have changed.
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by prudentcy(m): 11:43pm On Apr 06, 2011
eedriz a super lyricist? lailai! a legend? nah! but d guy try ooooo,cos i stil dey dance oko achewo 4 klub.
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by Genuflect(m): 7:04am On Apr 07, 2011
If I hear say Eedris no be legend. One of the best performers I've ever watched on stage. Even if you say he didn't have lyrics, he knew how to choose beats and create monster hits. No be one day job abeg *now wearing my towel round my head*
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by eleshin(m): 10:44am On Apr 07, 2011
2face,psquare,d'banj,9ice even maintain b legend.yes ke! Usin abdukareem as yardstick.
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 07, 2011
Some times Nairalanders sound dumb.

Like someone noted, in Edris time, Tony Tetuila and some other were as big as he was.

Does that qualify them to be regarded as legends.

Lets face fact, Edris is not near a rapper. He was and is wack. And as for his death. Rugged and others led to his death. It was a rap revolution!

Watched some of his recent performances. Instead of rapping and performing he was busy reciting things from Koran with his head on the ground. At the other, he was busy speaking Hausa.

In Illorin, he as practically jeered at!

He is a joke. Not a good lyricist or a Legend!

The last time i checked Lord of Ajasa Lyrics made sense more!
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by tosinaded(m): 5:31am On Apr 08, 2011
Na dat hausa and quran gan na em make am legend!
Sumpeople no just wan sabi anything. .
Posting arrogantly with no ideas about the issue!
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by BabaEleko(m): 5:49am On Apr 08, 2011
Donpuzo:

Some times Nairalanders sound dumb.

Like someone noted, in Edris time, Tony Tetuila and some other were as big as he was.

Does that qualify them to be regarded as legends.

Lets face fact, Edris is not near a rapper. He was and is wack. And as for his death. Rugged and others led to his death. It was a rap revolution!

Watched some of his recent performances. Instead of rapping and performing he was busy reciting things from Koran with his head on the ground. At the other, he was busy speaking Hausa.

In Illorin, he as practically jeered at!

He is a joke. Not a good lyricist or a Legend!

The last time i checked Lord of Ajasa Lyrics made sense more!

Are u for real?! How many hits tetu get, hw many hit u know wey eedris get?? C'mon mehn, doesn't seem like u knw poo bout naija hip hop history.
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 08, 2011
No offense, but the bolded is very dumb statement!

@Baba Eleko.

I guess you don't Hip Hop then!

You don hit my car.
Omode meta shere
Two Women
Na you sabi
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by tosinaded(m): 8:04pm On Apr 08, 2011
Donpuzo:

No offense, but the bolded is very dumb statement!

wetin concern me with wetin u think about my post? na ur mouth na. . . . abi y u dey beg b4 u talk? abi i hold gun ni
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 08, 2011
Tosin. i know say you no get sense. And you never even plan to get am.

E go tey b4 u get am.

I know your attitude before now. Well i will add to the many people that have told you before.

Learn to appreciate and understand other people's opinion or simply ignore them
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by tosinaded(m): 8:19pm On Apr 08, 2011
Donpuzo:

Tosin. i know say you no get sense. And you never even plan to get am.

E go tey b4 u get am.

I know your attitude before now. Well i will add to the many people that have told you before.

Learn to appreciate and understand other people's opinion or simply ignore them

i tire for u o. . . .  u yab me i  no talk!
e never do u?
ok i gree say i no get sense. . u wan sell ur own for me? abi u get extra wey u wan give me?
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 08, 2011
Go pray to God na. Na woman you don use the one wey u been get finish untop.
Re: Eedris Abdulkareem, A Super Lyricist And Rap Vet by tosinaded(m): 8:24pm On Apr 08, 2011
Donpuzo:

Go pray to God na. Na woman you don use the one wey u been get finish untop.

u dey there? wen i use am on top woman?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gospel Singers/musicians Drop Your Whatsapp Number For A Group Add. / Oritse Femi – Flog Politicians “Kokomo” (Throwback Mp3) / Download Video: 9ice – 3310 (official Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.