Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,343 members, 7,891,528 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 02:30 PM

BREAKING!!! Ebonyi : Court Rules In Favour Of PDP National Working Committee - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING!!! Ebonyi : Court Rules In Favour Of PDP National Working Committee (1058 Views)

Soludo Conniving With The Police To Subvert Justice- APGA National Working Cmte / APC NEC Transfers Its Powers To National Working Committee for the next 90 days / Ambode Meets Members Of APC National Working Committee Panel (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING!!! Ebonyi : Court Rules In Favour Of PDP National Working Committee by Kosiso12(f): 3:10pm On Jan 20, 2021
BREAKING!!! Ebonyi : Court Rules In Favour Of PDP National Working Committee

A high court sitting in Abakaliki, Ebonyi State, on Wednesday, ruled in favour of the National Working Committee of the People's Democratic Party, PDP over the dissolution of the Ebonyi Executive Committee of the party led by Barr Onyekachi Nwaebonyi.

IGBERE TV recalls that the litigation challenging the caretaker committee nomination by the PDP National Secretariat was initiated by the dissolved former chairman of the party, Barr Onyekachi Nwaebonyi.

Recall that the presiding judge, Justice Vincent Nwanchor handling the case of People's Democratic Party in Abakaliki High Court, suit NO. HAB /161/2020, on Monday, adjourned the matter till today, 20th January .

During the sitting, Justice Nwanchor washed his hands off the case after Barrister Mudi Erhenede who is the 8th defendant in the case, raised a matter of fact, that the presiding Judge and the Deputy governor of Ebonyi state were brothers from the same local government and the same community.

After listening to the submissions of the counsels from both parties, the judge withdrew himself from the matter.

He said, "after much argument I agree with the fact that the defense counsel is right, I will not deny the fact that His Excellency, the Deputy governor of Ebonyi state, Barr. Kelechi Igwe is my brother, we come from the same community, and that it will affect ruling of the case which it has not, I therefore wish to recuse the case from the registrar".

"I hereby throw in the towel as i shall hand over the case file to the State's chief judge".

Addressing journalists shortly after the court sitting in Abakaliki, the counsel to Fred Udeogu's led PDP caretaker committee commended the judge for doing the right thing.

"The court has done the right thing which what it is supposed to do".

"It is not true the fact is that all the defense causes we have gone through were all genuine that's why we have being getting there right from the Chief Judge down to this"

"It's very unfortunate today is the second day we expecting the ruling of the court but the defendants in there usual way continue to truncate the proceedings of the court in this matter, I have again raised anither issue if bia on the side if the court which is apparently unfounded but the court for the interest have just recused herself from continuing hearing the matter and has accordingly transferred the matter and I believe that the court in no time will resign the case to another court."

"I want to put the record straight, that this is a delay tactic by the defendants knowing fully well that the law is not on their side".

Counsel to the plaintiff, Barristèr Roy Nweze while reacting to the development said the state High court lack bold judge.

According to him "the problem we have in the judiciary is that we lack bold judges, what we have are judges who are so easily giving in to unnecessary, stupid intimidation. But nothing has gone wrong absolutely nothing, there is a suit that has been filed so definitely the suit must be hard. If the suit portends danger, the danger must be heard. "

"There is nothing we will do now, if election will be taken place in the state now we will know the true PDP".

STAY WITH IGBERE TV. AFRICA'S NO1 COMMUNITY TV.

Re: BREAKING!!! Ebonyi : Court Rules In Favour Of PDP National Working Committee by Jimalicoco(m): 3:30pm On Jan 20, 2021
Ok
Re: BREAKING!!! Ebonyi : Court Rules In Favour Of PDP National Working Committee by sapientia(m): 4:13pm On Jan 20, 2021
Igbere
Re: BREAKING!!! Ebonyi : Court Rules In Favour Of PDP National Working Committee by jlinkd78(m): 4:15pm On Jan 20, 2021
Noted
Re: BREAKING!!! Ebonyi : Court Rules In Favour Of PDP National Working Committee by Ogbuu101: 4:24pm On Jan 20, 2021
Ebonyi, Umahi's fiefdom

1 Like

Re: BREAKING!!! Ebonyi : Court Rules In Favour Of PDP National Working Committee by obami007(m): 4:38pm On Jan 20, 2021
Alright
Re: BREAKING!!! Ebonyi : Court Rules In Favour Of PDP National Working Committee by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 20, 2021
Am in need of a federal government job,anyone legit can help me please...I have a million naira at hand and ready to pay once i get the job.
Re: BREAKING!!! Ebonyi : Court Rules In Favour Of PDP National Working Committee by bcomputer101: 4:46pm On Jan 20, 2021
which kind stupid source be this?

Igbere_tv_news
Re: BREAKING!!! Ebonyi : Court Rules In Favour Of PDP National Working Committee by bcomputer101: 4:48pm On Jan 20, 2021
Misscheery:
Am in need of a federal government job,anyone legit can help me please...I have a million naira at hand and ready to pay once i get the job.

A watchman job at federal museum.
But na 1.5million ooo.
Salary is 39k...

Are you interested?
lol

Ogbeni you better use your money do business or else you are prone to get scam
Re: BREAKING!!! Ebonyi : Court Rules In Favour Of PDP National Working Committee by Kosiso12(f): 6:49pm On Jan 20, 2021
Cc, Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Re: BREAKING!!! Ebonyi : Court Rules In Favour Of PDP National Working Committee by Cutehector(m): 6:43am On Jan 25, 2021
Misscheery:
mehn.. Why not just open a business

(1) (Reply)

Why We Igbo Can't Just Face Our Problems. / Miyetti Allah Nominated New Ohaneze President, Wrote Letter To Nwodo / The Remains Of The Brother To Fmr Governor Of Benue To Be Buried Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.