Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,733 members, 7,882,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 07:21 AM

Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying (30057 Views)

A Month Old RX330 Stolen At Gun Point In Ekwulobia Anambra| How It Was Recovered / Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon / Toyota Avalon Snatched At Gun Point (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Litmus: 11:50am On Jan 21, 2021
It isn’t for the hell of it that academics in the US ones used Nigeria as the model warning the republican support base whose raison d'être was and remains the stateless society (minimal government). Nigeria is the perfect Free State.

Country Prison population per 100,000 Jail occupancy level
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/uk/06/prisons/html/nn2page1.stm

US 2,193,798
CHINA 1,548,498
RUSSIA 874,161
BRAZIL 371,482
INDIA 332,112
MEXICO 214,450
UKRAINE 162,602
SOUTH AFRICA 158,501
POLAND 89,546 235 124.4
ENGLAND/WALES 80,002
JAPAN 79,052
KENYA 47,036
TURKEY 65,458
NIGERIA 40,444
AUSTRALIA 25,790
SCOTLAND 6,872

You either agree that for all the teeth-gnashing on Niraland over supposed high crime rate in Nigeria, that Nigeria has less crime on average than Uk or the US or you agree that Nigeria does not jail enough people.
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Pharaoh4rin(m): 12:36pm On Jan 21, 2021
Freddd009:

Exactly. Lekki Ajah roads have been a nightmare. Danger zone for kidnapping, one chance n other criminal activities. If I'm not going with my car, I don't dare that axis

Damn.
My elder broe was robbed last two weeks at gunpoint. He's a daredevil {though a banker) but he succumbed, and I was like, if you can be robbed, then nobody is saved. They collected his phones and other things. It's crazy.
Lagos will definitely pay a deaf ear to it until a politician is killed then they'll wake up to the call. That was how crime in Lagos survived for about 27yrs before Fashola in his wisdom and intelligence was able to contain it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:26pm On Jan 21, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:

Damn.
My elder broe was robbed last two weeks at gunpoint. He's a daredevil {though a banker) but he succumbed, and I was like, if you can be robbed, then nobody is saved. They collected his phones and other things. It's crazy.
Lagos will definitely pay a deaf ear to it until a politician is killed then they'll wake up to the call. That was how crime in Lagos survived for about 27yrs before Fashola in his wisdom and intelligence was able to contain it.

You never see thief wey go de advise you as e de obtain you? Guy as you fresh like this just do normal make we no put hole for this your fine shirt grin

7 Likes

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by id4sho(m): 2:32pm On Jan 21, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

You never see thief wey go de advise you as e de obtain you? Guy as you fresh like this just do normal make we no put hole for this your fine shirt grin
shocked
GAZZUZZ:

Boss, this ur street language strong.

2 Likes

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 21, 2021
hstar:

End bad governance!
Start your campaign from the grassroot.
I'm sure you don't have a local government Chairmen in your state.
Why don't you call your Governor to order...
is it because you have brainwashed that the problem of Nigeria is from Abuja when you don't even have a PVC!!!
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by hstar: 4:54pm On Jan 21, 2021
Birchi33:

Start your campaign from the grassroot.
I'm sure you don't have a local government Chairmen in your state.
Why don't you call your Governor to order...
is it because you have brainwashed that the problem of Nigeria is from Abuja when you don't even have a PVC!!!
With these statements

Leave what make you in doubt, to what does not make you in doubt

One would think u are a real person who understand Islam, without knowing u are a real fool

As a result of this, I now know u are an ignorant without direction, who always lick the politicians yansh, whether they are wrong or right.

May the disaster that your stupid masters create befall u and ur family.

Allah ya iza , God punish u there! angry

1 Like

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Kettlecorn: 5:03pm On Jan 21, 2021
Litmus:
It isn’t for the hell of it that academics in the US ones used Nigeria as the model warning the republican support base whose raison d'être was and remains the stateless society (minimal government). Nigeria is the perfect Free State.

Country Prison population per 100,000 Jail occupancy level
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/uk/06/prisons/html/nn2page1.stm

US 2,193,798
CHINA 1,548,498
RUSSIA 874,161
BRAZIL 371,482
INDIA 332,112
MEXICO 214,450
UKRAINE 162,602
SOUTH AFRICA 158,501
POLAND 89,546 235 124.4
ENGLAND/WALES 80,002
JAPAN 79,052
KENYA 47,036
TURKEY 65,458
NIGERIA 40,444
AUSTRALIA 25,790
SCOTLAND 6,872

You either agree that for all the teeth-gnashing on Niraland over supposed high crime rate in Nigeria, that Nigeria has less crime on average than Uk or the US or you agree that Nigeria does not jail enough people.

You and I both know that published crime stats in Nigeria is not even worth the paper its printed on. Most crimes are not even reported because there are huge disincentives to reporting a crime. A vast majority of Nigerians will do anything to avoid contact with the police even at the point of death shocked
It is only in Nigeria that 300 people can be kidnapped and moved through the town into the forest with zero intelligence as to their whereabouts grin and their abductors come out to ask for ransome. Can't happen anywhere else, not even in Afghanistan. Only in Nigeria that we all know of roads/ highways that even the governor of the state cannot travel due to insecurity. Rampant crime and massive insecurity is an open secret in Nigeria. Its one thing to have a high crime rate. Its another thing to have close to 100% unsolved crime/prosecution rate by authorities

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Litmus: 5:45pm On Jan 21, 2021
Kettlecorn:

You and I both know that published crime stats in Nigeria is not even worth the paper its printed on. Most crimes are not even reported because there are huge disincentives to reporting a crime. A vast majority of Nigerians will do anything to avoid contact with the police even at the point of death shocked
It is only in Nigeria that 300 people can be kidnapped and moved through the town into the forest with zero intelligence as to their whereabouts grin and their abductors come out to ask for ransome. Can't happen anywhere else, not even in Afghanistan. Only in Nigeria that we all know of roads/ highways that even the governor of the state cannot travel due to insecurity. Rampant crime and massive insecurity is an open secret in Nigeria. Its one thing to have a high crime rate. Its another thing to have close to 100% unsolved crime/prosecution rate by authorities

The table represents comparative prison population across those nations listed and not crime rate. And if you’re right about the high level of crime in Nigeria, on average compared to the other nations listed, then Nigeria’s low prison population is indicative of the reason.
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Kettlecorn: 6:17pm On Jan 21, 2021
Litmus:

The table represents comparative prison population across those nations listed and not crime rate. And if you’re right about the high level of crime in Nigeria, on average compared to the other nations listed, then Nigeria’s low prison population is indicative of the reason.

My point is that you absolutely cannot draw any inferences from Nigerian crime stats, prison population included. There is absolutely no correlation between prison population and level of crime in Nigeria. I said most crimes go unreported in Nigeria so that implies that most crimes are not prosecuted and are unsolved and therefore implication is low numbers of incarceration = low prison population = low incarceration rate per capita. As a matter of fact, how many prisoners in Nigeria have actually been sentenced by a court? A large number are awaiting trial. I am willing to stake a years salary that even the prison population number you quoted is incorrect grin. The other countries included in your list have highly functioning justice systems that aggressively prosecute crimes both white and blue collar so it would appear that their crime rates are higher than Nigeria's. Your comparison is even not apples to apples because they have excluded people held in Jail and the Nigerian system doesn't make a distinction between prison and jail.
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Litmus: 7:00pm On Jan 21, 2021
Kettlecorn:

My point is that you absolutely cannot draw any inferences from Nigerian crime stats, prison population included. There is absolutely no correlation between prison population and level of crime in Nigeria. I said most crimes go unreported in Nigeria so that implies that most crimes are not prosecuted and are unsolved and therefore implication is low numbers of incarceration = low prison population = low incarceration rate per capita. As a matter of fact, how many prisoners in Nigeria have actually been sentenced by a court? A large number are awaiting trial. I am willing to stake a years salary that even the prison population number you quoted is incorrect grin. The other countries included in your list have highly functioning justice systems that aggressively prosecute crimes both white and blue collar so it would appear that their crime rates are higher than Nigeria's. Your comparison is even not apples to apples because they have excluded people held in Jail and the Nigerian system doesn't make a distinction between prison and jail.

You're largely supporting my point not arguing against it. However, disregard your point, "most crimes go unreported in Nigeria" since however intuitive this may seem, you have no evidence that crime in Nigeria is underreported, just hearsay. Besides this is a familiar refrain in all nations. It would be just as plausible to suggest that crime is well-reported but police are unresponsive.

The premise of my argument is that poor policing, judiciary and limited prison capacity plays a huge role in the level of criminality Nigeria is experiencing.
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Pharaoh4rin(m): 8:26pm On Jan 21, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

cheesy angry
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 22, 2021
hstar:

With these statements

Leave what make you in doubt, to what does not make you in doubt

One would think u are a real person who understand Islam, without knowing u are a real fool

As a result of this, I now know u are an ignorant without direction, who always lick the politicians yansh, whether they are wrong or right.

May the disaster that your stupid masters create befall u and ur family.

Allah ya iza , God punish u there! angry
Ayam not here for insult, you don't have PVC, and yet you are shamelessly demanding for good governance
How
I see worst generation of youth in the near future if care is not taken.
I remain Optimistic!
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by hstar: 5:53pm On Jan 22, 2021
Birchi33:

Ayam not here for insult, you don't have PVC, and yet you are shamelessly demanding for good governance
How
I see worst generation of youth in the near future if care is not taken.
I remain Optimistic!
I'm sorry for the insult, because I see you more as someone who ought to av understood a lot of things due to the Hadith u quoted, but I met u a different person.

I av my PVC with me, national ID e.t.c
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by johnnyn1(m): 8:54am On Jan 23, 2021
Congratulations to all car owners..

Secure that Fresh Automobile with us @giditrackerng.
Your best gps tracking solution.
We secure, track and recover stolen vehicles.

With our installation you will be able to do amazing stuffs with car.
Don’t drive that car without installing a gps tracker in it.

For more details
Call or WhatsApp +2348149848384.

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by centpado(m): 11:53pm On Feb 01, 2021
GrandFinale2021:
when?

The week of the end sars
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by Frankdamaxx(m): 10:36pm On Feb 02, 2021
Birchi33:
EndSARSNOW...
This is some of the result...
Cry no more...SARS HAS BEEN ENDED.
What again...

If the Police force doesn't want to work, they should resign. End Sars meant an end to police brutality not an end to police doing their work.
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by johnnyn1(m): 10:39pm On Feb 02, 2021
We are available

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by GrandFinale2021(m): 11:49pm On Feb 02, 2021
centpado:

The week of the end sars
ah that moment was terrible, my sister sped up and passed the car snatchers, the man that was driving behind him was unlucky, thankfully he surrendered without resisting.
My brother wasn't lucky as his vehicle was snatched at Rivers State, he fought back and they killed him and still made away with the vehicle, we buried him last Saturday.
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by ikdaddy01(m): 3:11pm On Feb 04, 2021
GrandFinale2021:
ah that moment was terrible, my sister sped up and passed the car snatchers, the man that was driving behind him was unlucky, thankfully he surrendered without resisting.
My brother wasn't lucky as his vehicle was snatched at Rivers State, he fought back and they killed him and still made away with the vehicle, we buried him last Saturday.
Quite sad. RIP
Take heart.
There was a country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by adubam(m): 3:04pm On Feb 05, 2021
GrandFinale2021:

So sorry. The heart of man is wicked and desperately evil.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by centpado(m): 6:10am On Feb 12, 2021
Sorry for your loss brotherly, May your brother soul R.I.P ...Amen . Omo the way I am fearful of such situations..
GrandFinale2021:
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by peeps4u: 9:20am On Feb 13, 2021
Ykc2:
so if i got robbed inside a bus I will use tracker?you guys don't even know where to market una product

The thread is talking about car theft from the owners.
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by peeps4u: 9:38am On Feb 13, 2021
favor914:
Thank You Endsarsers, We are seeing the effects of your handwork, Buhari must go people?

Stop this nonsense. Was nigeria safer before EndSARS?
Car theft is not a new thing in lagos. You want to blame the protesters for the insecurity? What was even the cause of the protest initially?

People should remain dumb whike being killed by SARS and robbers?
And wasnt it the govt that sabotaged thebprotest with thugs? Arent there many videos on internet of police and DSS conveying thugs in their vehicles and giving them orders to attack?
Re: Upsurge In Vehicle Theft At Gun Point In Lagos Is Worrying by HottieCoach(f): 6:39pm On Feb 28, 2021
Ykc2:
we are taking about traffic robberies your talking about tracker ,will robbers snatch car while on a heavy traffic without movement?

Install Trackers ☺️

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet Bisi Ezerioha, Builder Of The Fastest Carburetor Front-Wheel Car On Earth / Cars On Display At The 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show / Photos Of The Outstanding 2020 Nissan Armada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.