Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,768 members, 7,879,342 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:34 PM

Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me (54875 Views)

Why Do Wives Like Secretly “Stealing” From Their Husband? / Taiye Feyisayo Adedeji Triplets 1st Birthday. Welcomed After 6 Years Of Marriage / His Wife Caught Him Red-handed . You Just Can't Believe What Happened. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by lekki1444: 5:58pm On Jan 21, 2021
Kettlecorn:

I will ignore your insults and focus on bringing out the key points. You cannot unilaterally decide to deduct from someone's salary the value of stolen items. Who decides the value of the items? It seems logical but its not legal. This is one distinction between our 18th century jungle justice society and how 21st century societies operate, which is where we profess to want to be. Legally, he is still on the hook to pay him for time worked.
The correct thing to do would have been to fire the chef as he rightly did, recover his items, prosecute the chef and pay him his salary! All legal and above board and the entire society at large benefits rather than whine on social media.
Your method of reasoning is beyond me. you want to tell me the guy who stole will not rather you deduct the price of stolen goods from his salary then being taken to the police station and locked up ? is this how you handle people ? all soft and timid like you are a white man ? let me tell you something ? i applaud that guy for what he did because even the white man who you worship would have made sure that guy ended up in prison. but that shows this guy is very humane and kind and considerate. he would have being well within his right to deduct the price of goods stolen and give him the rest in salary but the kind man let him have the goods and still paid him full worked salary. and what do you mean who determines the value of the goods stolen ? he was stealing sardines and tomatos and stuff and those things have receipts which tells you their value. wasnt like he was stealing the guys picasso paintings. who doesnt know the price of sardines ?

1 Like

Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by BusinessCity: 5:58pm On Jan 21, 2021
Nkpitime:

Then you rest

What is it?
Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by Blackdisciple(m): 5:59pm On Jan 21, 2021
BusinessCity:
Nigerians are like that o. One I helped and took his two children in when he was about to throw them away and run due to poverty and hunger after years of refining and polishing claimed I was mistreated them. They conspired and had me and my family lucked up. If you see the skin of this kids glowing.

What I later learnt triggered everything, a guest of mine that has eyes on them they go assist in her so called flat took interest and they all schemed and put the plan together. The kids taught they met someone richer even though they weren't lacking. Next thing like play like play I got locked in station with my family accessed of maltreatment. When they were never lacking. It may take a while, but I know God would vindicate me.

I'll just counsel people to be careful in dispensing goodness in this generation. Some don't value it.

Nigerians are like that o. One I helped and took his two children in when he was about to throw them away and run due to poverty and hunger after years of refining and polishing claimed I was mistreated them. They conspired and had me and my family lucked up. If you see the skin of this kids glowing.

Point of correction not all Nigerians are like that bro
Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by habsydiamond(m): 5:59pm On Jan 21, 2021
Some people are just wicked... CEO... Haaaa!!! U are wicked ironically.... U have done something some people can not do.... U really lavish this man with favor and took him like a family.... In the end, na mumu eye he dey take look u.... He is just an ingrate... He will be happy now that there is no job with 6 children and poverty will be welcoming him like this

Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by Dollanaira: 6:00pm On Jan 21, 2021
Good for u
Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by zelnababa(m): 6:08pm On Jan 21, 2021
that one too will be cursing our politician ooo, 90 per. Nigerian re
naturally corrupt.
Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by UltraSphinx(m): 6:10pm On Jan 21, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:
No

If u hire him back, he will surely harm u this time.

U check yourself, maybe u are attracted to these kind of characters.

There are surely honest chefs out there. They may not be colorful or interesting

Modified:

@ TMSMedia

Oga CEO Please try to reconsider the Chef if u can for the sake of his family.

N100k is not enough for one person, not to talk about a large family of 7! shocked shocked

I don't understand...

who send am work?

I'm sure the OGA himself doesn't have up to 5 kids (even though he can cater for them)

1 Like

Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by rickyboss333: 6:11pm On Jan 21, 2021
well if u ask me, bringing him back will only make things worse. my reasons...
if u hire him back and he truly turns a new leaf (which I doubt sha), u will only see truly how much he has been stealing from u as the your return from your kitchen and feeding expenses will be so obvious that u will practically shout "blood of God". (lol) or....
he just won't stop cos he definitely will know how much change there will be in d figures of he decides to be truthful and will feel u won't be happy about it and will only decide to reduce d stealing, but I can assure u d stealing will only go back some few levels down and continue building over time.

so just start over again with someone else and apply ur experience to your new chef, but pls do give him a chance to be honest with u rather than go hostile because of ur past experience. everyone deserves a chance, just like ur philosophy agrees.
Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by Ayo8(m): 6:16pm On Jan 21, 2021
What goes around comes around... if wakanow knack you bill for adjustment of flight ehnn...
Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 21, 2021
That is Nigerians for you, they are all thieves, I can bet my left brown ass that the CEO (so called) guy is also stealing from someone else.

Nigerian politicians get paid highest in the world but they are still looting fund and stealing common covid palliatives meant for poor Nigerians. Even my own step brother stole millions from me, we haven't spoken for years..

Nigerians are naturally thieves. QED!

1 Like

Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 21, 2021
The mistake will be to bring him back.
He will murder you while you sleep.

1 Like

Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by SonOfTheRisingS: 6:19pm On Jan 21, 2021
TMSMedia:
"I Now Understand Why People Treat Domestic Staff Like Sh*t" - Wakanow CEO Narrates Experience With His Chef

The CEO of Wakanow, Bayo Adedeji took to his Facebook handle to narrate his experience with his chef which made him change his perception about Nigerian domestic staff, IgbereTV reports.

According to him, he treats his chef well, pays him a reasonable monthly salary and even adds additional cash as transport allowance.

He found out that the food bill was going high despite the fact that he was not entertaining guests due to the pandemic.

Mr Adedeji said he then decided to go shopping himself but only two weeks after, he was shocked to find that some of the supplies had finished. He was later disappointed as he caught his chef moving some foodstuff from his house.

Read his post below.

https://www.facebook.com/100003833955897/posts/1974076099396836/?app=fbl

If you need nice and cool helper all the way from Port Harcourt, call me let talk....

So sorry about that dude trying to destroy what others are praying for.

Thank God am not a Nigerian. You really need someone value your interest at heart.
Boss if you are interested call me on 07061978863 let talk...
Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by XTHRONE(m): 6:26pm On Jan 21, 2021
Eagban:
Forgive him, give him a stern warning and he will never steal from you again.

U well so, forgive ke, people don't change, this time the myopic chef will poison him, he will be a fool to take him back.
Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by banio: 6:27pm On Jan 21, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:
No

If u hire him back, he will surely harm u this time.

U check yourself, maybe u are attracted to these kind of characters.

There are surely honest chefs out there. They may not be colorful or interesting

Modified:

@ TMSMedia

Oga CEO Please try to reconsider the Chef if u can for the sake of his family.

N100k is not enough for one person, not to talk about a large family of 7! shocked shocked

A poor family of 5, that can't manage #50K to #70K in a month is only doing themselves great harm. Even some average Husbands give their wives #100K for a family of five. Let's be realistic
Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by Eagban(m): 6:40pm On Jan 21, 2021
XTHRONE:

U well so, forgive ke, people don't change, this time the myopic chef will poison him, he will be a fool to take him back.
Truly some people are heartless and will never change, but there's no harm in trying... If you forgive some people sometimes, they end up becoming your most trusted ally or in this case, staff.
Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by Kettlecorn: 6:50pm On Jan 21, 2021
lekki1444:
Your method of reasoning is beyond me. you want to tell me the guy who stole will not rather you deduct the price of stolen goods from his salary then being taken to the police station and locked up ? is this how you handle people ? all soft and timid like you are a white man ? let me tell you something ? i applaud that guy for what he did because even the white man who you worship would have made sure that guy ended up in prison. but that shows this guy is very humane and kind and considerate. he would have being well within his right to deduct the price of goods stolen and give him the rest in salary but the kind man let him have the goods and still paid him full worked salary. and what do you mean who determines the value of the goods stolen ? he was stealing sardines and tomatos and stuff and those things have receipts which tells you their value. wasnt like he was stealing the guys picasso paintings. who doesnt know the price of sardines ?

Sir, let me tell you something. Nigeria is called a "shithole" country, not just because we don't have electricity or running water or good roads or good functioning schools. Its also because the average Nigerian does not know/understand the duties of a citizen and does not realize nor care about the larger effects of their actions on society at large. We are still caught up in an 18th century jungle justice system where we think an individual can be the Judge, Jury and Executioner all in one even when we have written laws, organizations and systems that should decide outcomes. I am telling you that society at large is worse for it because we think we are being "kind" by letting a thief go. Nigeria is full of thieves because we let them all go, big and small thieves alike. As to your question "he was stealing sardines and tomatos and stuff and those things have receipts which tells you their value." No sir, what you paid for something does not necessarily determine its value under the law. This is why I say let the legal system handle it. We as average individuals are not equipped for this.
Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by lekki1444: 6:57pm On Jan 21, 2021
Kettlecorn:

Sir, let me tell you something. Nigeria is called a "shithole" country, not just because we don't have electricity or running water or good roads or good functioning schools. Its also because the average Nigerian does not know/understand the duties of a citizen and does not realize nor care about the larger effects of their actions on society at large. We are still caught up in an 18th century jungle justice system where we think an individual can be the Judge, Jury and Executioner all in one even when we have written laws, organizations and systems that should decide outcomes. I am telling you that society at large is worse for it because we think we are being "kind" by letting a thief go. Nigeria is full of thieves because we let them all go, big and small thieves alike. As to your question "he was stealing sardines and tomatos and stuff and those things have receipts which tells you their value." No sir, what you paid for something does not necessarily determine its value under the law. This is why I say let the legal system handle it. We as average individuals are not equipped for this.

nigga are you drunk on some alcoholic beverage ? they let thieves go in nigeria ? do you even come from nigeria ? thieves are burnt to death and lynched in nigeria. now i know you are just arguing just to argue

also you say the can of sardine i bought for 200 naira has a different value under the law ? lmaooo this guy s clearly insane
Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by Endymi: 7:07pm On Jan 21, 2021
Iceyjayz:
The same thing that happened to me, I still don't understand why some people are ungrateful, greedy and wicked. after doing alot for this guy/chef, dude still cheated me alot until I found out later, to think I treated this guy like a family but that wasn't enough, I sacked his ass without hesitation.

Employ me please,I am loyal!
Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by faithfull18(f): 7:34pm On Jan 21, 2021
Hmmn.
Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by LikeAking: 7:34pm On Jan 21, 2021
shatap

1 Like

Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by ajl: 7:40pm On Jan 21, 2021
I collect crime data for Lagos. My advice is that you change all your door locks. He already know your ins & outs. If he's really bad,, he potentially could send his criminal pals to come rob you, and anything can happen. Moreso, he will still be bitter that you fired him. My opinion is based on precedents.
Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by WriterX(m): 7:41pm On Jan 21, 2021
PericomaNwankwo:
#victimofcircumstance by

Congratulations dear writer, i hope and pray your book brings you great success.

from a fellow writer.

1 Like

Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by slimjosh231(m): 7:52pm On Jan 21, 2021
We4all:
He should get himself a wife so she can prepare his meals regularly. By the way, why is the guy whining given that he also cheats people?

Before you rush to counter me, all travel agents are corporate fraudsters and he isn't an exception.
”Einstein”.
Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by ipobarethieves: 7:57pm On Jan 21, 2021
sad Goodness, mercy,favour go elude diz Useless, ingrate, ungrateful , hopeless ,long throat Thief.If he ask the boss for food/assistance,the man will give him but the spirit of ingrate nor gree lif am.
Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by golor(m): 8:06pm On Jan 21, 2021
TMSMedia:
"I Now Understand Why People Treat Domestic Staff Like Sh*t" - Wakanow CEO Narrates Experience With His Chef

The CEO of Wakanow, Bayo Adedeji took to his Facebook handle to narrate his experience with his chef which made him change his perception about Nigerian domestic staff, IgbereTV reports.

According to him, he treats his chef well, pays him a reasonable monthly salary and even adds additional cash as transport allowance.

He found out that the food bill was going high despite the fact that he was not entertaining guests due to the pandemic.

Mr Adedeji said he then decided to go shopping himself but only two weeks after, he was shocked to find that some of the supplies had finished. He was later disappointed as he caught his chef moving some foodstuff from his house.

Read his post below.

https://www.facebook.com/100003833955897/posts/1974076099396836/?app=fbl

Good evening Sir , if u are reading this just know my advice is from a first hand experience of a catering company I am presently working at ..(industrial catering )...it's a tradition for chef to go home with food item , not that he did it to cause u pain but he felt he's family should enjoy what he's enjoying...some of them don't mind preserving portion of food meant for them just for their family to eat ....tho, he went extreme I must say ......I don't think he was doing it to run u down but he just felt u are capable and provided he can deliver good meals with less items other ones that was supposed to be added should be taken home ....in my company,the chef goes home with 100k but u won't believe they sell items at work work 30k least and goes home with 5 big Ghana must go bag ...and, u know how chef can be so annoying they always go home with expensive items ...some times I do advice them to be contented but they will laugh and say cause u are not a chef ...if u ask me I will say give him a second chance with strong warning ..thank u Sir
Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by armyofone(m): 8:16pm On Jan 21, 2021
Something many Nigerians do - thieving for the extra mouth to feed!

One hundred thousand as salary plus additional goodies here and there cooking for a rich man. Yet you are still stealing from him?

Poor Nigerians with so many children smh probably he needs the candies for his children....children he can't afford - what an embarrassment!
Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by OdenKelechi(m): 8:24pm On Jan 21, 2021
Omihanifa:
no matter how mad his fried rice is Oga no need to call the chef back he's an ungrateful fellow. Somebody that collects 100k monthly and he still dey loot your pantry angry his behaviour can be likened to that of a rat that is eating you and still blowing you breeze

E dey collect 100k as salary wey some white collar job workers no dey get. He gets transport allowance weekly, he has breakfast and lunch which is not from his own pocket plus God knows what other bonuses he was enjoying and he still bleeped it all up... It's just GREED
Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by Kettlecorn: 8:34pm On Jan 21, 2021
lekki1444:
nigga are you drunk on some alcoholic beverage ? they let thieves go in nigeria ? do you even come from nigeria ? thieves are burnt to death and lynched in nigeria. now i know you are just arguing just to argue

also you say the can of sardine i bought for 200 naira has a different value under the law ? lmaooo this guy s clearly insane

"Your method of reasoning is beyond me." Absolutely true!
Facts. The poster let a thief go to continue stealing without as much as an indication on his record. Some thieves are lynched in Nigeria, that's true, but in the process, innocent people are also lynched. No different from what the poster did. Jungle justice! Now if you don't know the difference between price and value, I really won't be obliged to explain any further. Case in point why established systems with trained people need to handle stuff like this.
In a country like Nigeria, those arguing for law and order and due process will seem insane but then, those passing judgement are the same who want to migrate to enjoy these same benefits in saner climates.
Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by zedegit: 8:54pm On Jan 21, 2021
Kill him. Roast his balls and give it to sisioge and ishilove. angry
Re: Bayo Adedeji, Wakanow CEO: I Pay My Chef N100k But Caught Him Stealing From Me by phyl123: 8:58pm On Jan 21, 2021
If you like pay him 500k weekly, he will still steal because it’s in his blood. They are some people like that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 / Mother Refuses To Break Car Window To Save Her Trapped Child / Photo Of Sleeping Fruit Seller And Her Child Goes Viral, Draws Support

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.