Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,707 members, 7,926,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 07:25 AM

Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable (2681 Views)

Near-Bankrupt States, Unviable Projects Await 18 New Governors / Dapo Abiodun: My Predecessor’s Housing Projects Are Now Miscreants’ Den / Julius Berger Adopts New Design For Lagos-Ibadan Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by SW1st: 10:59am On Jan 22, 2021
Igbochief001:

South east is the poorest zones yet have more plane users than south west if u take out lagos ...yea yea tell us another lie

More plane users, you said? Perhaps, you mean, locally grin :I

Enough of these nonsense oral stats already. Well, if we are to use that as a stats for poverty level or indication the SW is richer?
Higher older of travelers and passport holder by region, below ;

Source: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/more-doctors-to-leave-nigeria-as-covid-19-gets-worse-in-usa.html

But besides being a national identification and travel data, this indicates travel source states or regular departure points of most Nigerians. A breakdown of passports issued between 2014 and 2018 showed that the South-West has the highest number, at 650,958 new passports issued.

Lagos has the highest number (1,264,528), followed by Oyo (233,004), Ogun (166,920), Osun (109,016), Ondo (91,161) and Ekiti (50,857). The South-South came second, with Edo topping at 172,435 new passports

Poverty level by states and region ;

https://businessday.ng/uncategorized/article/osun-now-has-lowest-unemployment-rate-in-nigeria/

Imao grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by BastardWike: 11:00am On Jan 22, 2021
tsdarkside:

stop lying....you dont take money back home....or else south east would be better than hongkong....

Should I show you pictures of massive private sector investments springing up all over Owerri where I live so you can understand the power of remmitances?

1 Like

Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:47am On Jan 22, 2021
Igbochief001:

East is far more developed with the little resources it reserve and the anti igbo policy we have been facing ...

What's the purchasing power of igbo ? Have u ever been to south east ?

Ogun has industries because of its closeness to Lagos ...but aba can match it in terms of Industry any day any time

I wonder how your likes look down on a place u have never been to ....it's funny

Imo airport alone hard more passages than all south west airport put together outside lagos , even if u add kwara

South east has one of the highest number of admitted students

This are data u can't fake ...and it shows the standard of the people

Please, don't waste your time with these people!

The marginalisation and favouring of the north-west and south-west over the south-east is happening before his eyes yet his still arguing rubbish! They are ignoring the south-east while providing rail to links the north-west and south-west (even the little one GEJ started they have stopped), latter now they will start arguing how the north-west and south-west is more 'developed' than the south-east! Go and see the recent YouTube clips of AIIA, Enugu, and weep at how Buhari and his sidekick Hadi-Sirika have reduced the airport to a joke! The same wicked policy of sideling and holding Ndigbo down is seen in how they have ignored the new int'l terminal at the airport to gather dust while they've completed or about to complete the ones in their own regions!

A big part of the problem however is caused by the kind of useless 'one Nigeria' political elite we have in the south-east that allow these bastards to get away with all these shenanigans! This is why i want to see the end of this contraption and in total support of Mazi Kanu and IPOB!
Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 22, 2021
Kzinne:
you guys are not creative or innovative
Always love to bycut or pirate
Yea yea it got china to where they are
Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by poiZon: 12:54pm On Jan 22, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

I don't think it's fair to compare SE and SW.
Oyo state alone is almost the size of the whole South East while the old Oyo state is bigger than the whole of Southeast .

The issue in point is that we need to start producing as a nation. There is also need for government to hire business developers and marketers to market the service to those businesses that are better suited by this kind of service.
Government should not just sit there and by thinking most CEOs know about the benefit of the service.
Dont use size to quantify the economic viability in ur assertion.
Lagos state is tiny in size, infact a local govt in cross river state is bigger than the whole of lagos statë.
Go check ur map.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by Kzinne: 1:06pm On Jan 22, 2021
Igbochief001:

Yea yea it got china to where they are
haha. What a joke. Never compare the Chinese with the igbos. The Chinese are way more innovative and creative a billion times that the quack yeebos who's aba made creations are of low quality
Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by poiZon: 1:10pm On Jan 22, 2021
Salewa97:

First of all, what little resources is the East getting? Two of your states are Niger Delta and receiving 13% allocation so what exactly are you taking about? There are many of your states getting more allocation than some SW states so I don’t understand what you mean by that statement. What do you mean by developer? How is East developed? Industries, IGR, GDP, infrastructure, socio-economic metrics? Best Universities? What exactly?

Yes I’ve been to the SE, can you compare the purchasing power of the SE region to the SW region?

How can Aba match Ogun in terms of industrial capacity? I don’t think I need to dwell too much on this because the data is there for all to see about industries. Closeness to Lagos? Should we move Ogun away from the map then so you can be happy?

Most SW indigenes prefer to travel by road to Lagos airport for international flight and people also prefer to travel across the SW in road transport which explained who the airports are not that generating traffic. Hope you know the SW states have more number of passports issuance than the SE? And this is not even about Lagos. Ogun and Oyo has more passport issuance than any state in the SE which shows you the Yorubas travel a lot overseas but we use the Lagos airport normally.

SE don’t have the highest number of admitted students, they wan steal an? Imo used to be on top few years ago, check the stats now, I think Oyo or Osun already topped Imo. If you are doing it on a gross scale the SW has more admitted students than the SE cumulatively.

SW also he the highest number of internet and voice subscribers in the whole country and I’m not even including Lagos into the metrics. Check NBS stats to see what I’m saying.

Does nbs give names and also state of origin in their data?
U talking of people using lagos airport to travel, for God sake almost every body south of the niger uses that airport for international travels cos that is the only facility available.
I will love to see real data Stating names of people and their state of origin who are being issued these passports not some blanket stats and data that doesnt prove or solve common issue
Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by Aconomist: 1:24pm On Jan 22, 2021
Jimi24:

You are a liar. Most of you are liars that is why you are not getting what you want politically. A rail project was launched a few months back and you are saying it has failed. LIAR.
The cargo element of rail is going to evolve with time with great impact to internal costs within the economy and GDP.
We are going to need the terminals and cargo handling aspects which will evolve through private sector participation.

If you expect the Nigerian economy to be a trailer and tanker driven one with go-slows, fire incidents and Dangote trucks parked all over busy highways then go back to your village, you are not ready for the new Nigeria.

Rail as come to stay. Get your brains working on how to derive cost efficiencies from it. Stop moaning. Stop feeling sorry for yourself because Nigeria is prigressing
Right now trucks are preferred because of their advantage in last mile delivery. If Nigeria is serious about making these rails viable, it will force shippers to use them instead of asking nicely.
Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 22, 2021
Kzinne:
haha. What a joke. Never compare the Chinese with the igbos. The Chinese are way more innovative and creative a billion times that the quack yeebos who's aba made creations are of low quality
That's exactly what chinese were told years ago
Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by leokid866: 2:30pm On Jan 22, 2021
Igbochief001:
Tomorrow one useless stats would be realesed how Kano import more containers than the whole south east

How ibadan has more industry than south east

Those in the logistics industry who which direction the goods move in this country

Only one inland port is active till date .....

Truth is Nigeria is where we are today because it's better we are like this than Igbos to hold certain position ....

In the quest to hold Igbos down ...Nigeria is held down

Last year the rest of Nigeria were crying economic downturn but trust me never have I seen Soo many new cars in south east n all over igbo land
yes because the lives of over 100 million people is tied to the igbo man's delusion of grandeur and the determinant for success of a countrys economy is how many new cars they have.......
Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by leokid866: 2:33pm On Jan 22, 2021
Igbochief001:

East is far more developed with the little resources it reserve and the anti igbo policy we have been facing ...

What's the purchasing power of igbo ? Have u ever been to south east ?

Ogun has industries because of its closeness to Lagos ...but aba can match it in terms of Industry any day any time

I wonder how your likes look down on a place u have never been to ....it's funny

Imo airport alone hard more passages than all south west airport put together outside lagos , even if u add kwara

South east has one of the highest number of admitted students

This are data u can't fake ...and it shows the standard of the people
aren't we high and mighty now? you are big boys now.....you have standards now.....clap for yourself.....
Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 22, 2021
Nigeria is deeply divided...

I can't imagine American having a heated argument about their various regions..
Re: Abuja To Kano And Lagos To Ibadan Projects Are Already Unviable by Aconomist: 5:19am On Jan 23, 2021
Grgton:
Nigeria is deeply divided...

I can't imagine American having a heated argument about their various regions..
I agree. This country won't (and shouldn't) last.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fulanis Ready For War In Our Land, Yorubas Must Fight-Oba Akintunde Of Iseluland / The Sad And Hopeless Reality About Nigeria Under APC (photo) / Video: Massive Crowd Welcome Peter Obi At Abuja International Conference Center

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.