Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,840 members, 7,930,912 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 11:42 AM

Advice On How To Prove Employment Ties And Another Masters Degree - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advice On How To Prove Employment Ties And Another Masters Degree (345 Views)

How Do I Prove Employment Ties And Reason To Obtain Another Masters / Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport / Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory To Prove ‘humans Are Kind’ And Gets Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On How To Prove Employment Ties And Another Masters Degree by Billyadeak1: 10:54am On Jan 23, 2021
Hello wonderful people,

Please I need advice on how to reapply for my study permit. I was refused based on vague reason for 2nd masters degree and rated low for employment ties. I am currently working in a reputable financial institution but as you all know these institutions won’t give letter of commitment upon return after completion of study. They only give letter of introduction.

Also I had obtained a masters degree from a uni in Uk, online to be precise. But I intend to opt for another one in Canada.

I have clearly stated all my reasons to the best of my knowledge but got refused. I had to defer my admission and I am getting ready to reapply now but I would want advice from experienced people in the forum.

Thank you
Re: Advice On How To Prove Employment Ties And Another Masters Degree by jesmond3945: 11:51am On Jan 23, 2021
Probably you didn't convince them enough why you needed a second masters, why do you think the second masters is relevant to you and the country? Do you have landed property? Are you married?
Re: Advice On How To Prove Employment Ties And Another Masters Degree by Billyadeak1: 11:59am On Jan 23, 2021
Thank you for comment.

I have explained my reasons and explained why Canada. Yes I have landed properties and married. All these I have included in my application now to buttress my point. I appreciate your comment a lot.
Re: Advice On How To Prove Employment Ties And Another Masters Degree by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:25pm On Jan 23, 2021
Canada is very brutal to people above 30 who are going for masters. They feel that this people could not qualify for express entry and want to gain permanent residency through the students route. I dont know what age you are but the refusal rate for grad students above 30 is around 95 percent for Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Advice On How To Prove Employment Ties And Another Masters Degree by babakb: 8:14pm On Jan 23, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Canada is very brutal to people above 30 who are going for masters. They feel that this people could not qualify for express entry and want to gain permanent residency through the students route. I dont know what age you are but the refusal rate for grad students above 30 is around 95 percent for Nigerians.

Spot on...
Re: Advice On How To Prove Employment Ties And Another Masters Degree by ednut1(m): 9:35pm On Jan 23, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
one bottle of bear for you. A second masters is not reasonable if we want to tell ourselves the truth.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

NANS President’s SUV Kills 2 Women In Ebonyi / How Far Is Abuja From Eket / Cheap And Decent Guesthouse In Ikeja, Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.