Stats: 3,181,570 members, 7,914,471 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 06:18 AM

With Or Without Biafra The Igbos Are Going To Survive -- OAP Michael Effiong - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / With Or Without Biafra The Igbos Are Going To Survive -- OAP Michael Effiong (218 Views)

How To Survive This Current Situation In Nigeria / What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done To Survive? / Nigerian Civil War With Biafra: The Untold Story (2) (3) (4)

With Or Without Biafra The Igbos Are Going To Survive -- OAP Michael Effiong by Topbaze: 10:19pm On Jan 23, 2021
Media personality with Kpoko FM Warri, Michael Effiong, popularly known as Egbegba has expressed his views about the Igbo people of South-East Nigeria. He wrote this on his Twitter handle;

The Igbos are one of the most industrious people I've seen in Nigeria. They knowledge of business is deep. They understand the African way of doing business, same way the Lebanese and Chinese understand our ways of doing business. Politically and historically they are liken to the Jewish people in Israel but business-wise they are like the Chinese. Grab every single opportunity.
An Igbo trader won't ordinary let you leave his shop to another shop when he doesn't have that thing you want, instead he would go to the next shop to get that thing. He wants you to remain in his shop and at the end he either win your trust as a customer or convince you to buy something from his shop. Sometimes you'll even end up buying from him just as a form of appreciation or sympathy.
The phrase 'Onye wetalu azụmahịa, wetalu nri' is a driving force for them. Business means food. Where there is an Igbo man there is business. Like the popular Richard Quest's CNN program, 'Quest Means Business', I think the Nigerian version should be 'Igbo Means Business.'
Nigeria or no Nigeria, Biafra or no Biafra, an Igbo man would survive. They are just too dynamic.

Re: With Or Without Biafra The Igbos Are Going To Survive -- OAP Michael Effiong by gasparpisciotta: 10:59pm On Jan 23, 2021
I concur
Re: With Or Without Biafra The Igbos Are Going To Survive -- OAP Michael Effiong by habsydiamond(m): 11:08pm On Jan 23, 2021
It's a truthful lie.... Wetin I dey talk sef... Kadima arrest anyone that quote me

Does Youtube Pay Youtubers For Views? / CBN Orders Banks To Shutdown Accounts Of People And Companies Transacting Crypto / My Whatsapp Application Keeps Crashing On My Iphone