Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,143 members, 7,973,851 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 08:55 AM

INEC Has Just Made Me Proud To Be A Nigerian! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Has Just Made Me Proud To Be A Nigerian! (493 Views)

Ibrahim Magu: Fight Against Corruption Has Just Started And Corruption Knows It. / Why I’m Not Proud To Call Buhari My President — Aribisala / So Gen Buhari Has Just A WASC Certificate For Next Month's Election? (see Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

INEC Has Just Made Me Proud To Be A Nigerian! by Rossikk(m): 6:55pm On Apr 03, 2011
The postponement of elections by one week is the clearest sign yet that this administration and INEC are committed to free, fair, credible elections this time around.

If it were business as usual, the polls would have proceeded, despite the lapses.

NOW IT IS DIFFERENT.

NOW, TRANSPARENCY IS OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE.

It is little developments like this (which often come in the form of 'setbacks') that let you know Nigeria is slowly evolving a mature, credible political culture and dispensation.

Compare this over-arching drive for credibility with IBB and Abacha's graft-ridden org.y of misgovernance just over a decade ago, and it really is remarkable how far we've come.

KUDOS TO JEGA.

KUDOS TO INEC.

KUDOS TO GEJ.

KUDOS TO ALL THE PARTIES AND CANDIDATES.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST, KUDOS TO NIGERIANS.

smiley smiley smiley

(1) (Reply)

Un Peacekeeping Mission In Ivory Coast:Gbagbo Surrenders / Omisore Concedes Defeat ! / 39 Killed, 165 Arrested During N’assembly Polls – Inec

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.