Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,724 members, 7,972,652 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 03:09 PM

Pls Help Me! Inability To Concentrate - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pls Help Me! Inability To Concentrate (804 Views)

Would You Concentrate If She Were To Be Your Teacher / Areas To Concentrate For Use Of English This Coming Jamb / Inability To Concentrate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help Me! Inability To Concentrate by sirrinky: 9:18am On Apr 04, 2011
Inability To Concentrate

Hello fellow nairalanders i have a very serious problem that i really need help for. Currently i am a 100 level student studying engineering in a federal university and just gained admission through JAMB where i scored 260, and believe me its hard earned cos i don't believe in having a certificate you cant stand for. My problem really i have been trying to cope with for sometime now, i can hardly concentrate when studying and cant fix my my mind on a particular thought for up to five minutes, without my mind wondering away i really love my books and a good education but this problem is really killing me as everyone in my class seems to be getting on with classes and catching all concepts and most times i am just blank no matter how hard i try. I can hardly also imagine, its very difficult for me to fix my mind on a mental imagine when i try to do so its like am peering into some dark room and this is making everyone doubt the authenticity on my past academic results. imagine scoring "260" in jamb and not being able to do simple reasoning .Please i need your help folks if anybody has had this experiences please share with me how you were able to cope or any suggestions please.TNX Y'ALL Cry
Re: Pls Help Me! Inability To Concentrate by GboyegaD(m): 10:17am On Apr 04, 2011
IMHO, I will suggest you take a weekend off school to a place you know you can relax freely, then probe ur mind to know what exactly you are thinking about. Once you know what it is, then try as much as you can to resolve it. I can bet that when you get back to school you will be much better.
Re: Pls Help Me! Inability To Concentrate by goody06(f): 10:49am On Apr 04, 2011
discuss with ur parents and also
cry unto ur creator who hv solution
2 all problems
Re: Pls Help Me! Inability To Concentrate by Abbycrown(f): 11:50am On Apr 04, 2011
If I understand what the problem is, then I think I have a piece of advice for you. Write down anything that comes to your mind (even while you are in the class) and that you know you cannot deal with at that moment it comes to your mind, because when you are thinking or you have a lot going on in head, it's hardly possible to have a focused mind. I do it too and it helps. However, do not just write, make sure you check, try as much as possible to get the things done and mark 'done' as you deal with each. For example, if you have a course you don't really understand, your list could be like:
skim to identify the problem areas
get help with a colleague that understands the subject better
try solving related questions in textbooks
and so on
For other things that may not be related to classwork:
do laundry
withdraw money
go for games
take some rest
copy notes of missed lectures
and so on
Do these with time allocated to each, as it also helps to add deadlines to your tasks.
However, if you have issues that need extra help or that you think you cannot handle alone, engage the help of family or people around you.
I hope this helps.
Goodluck!

(1) (Reply)

Just Joined This Forum :) / Delta State University Admission; / Unilag Hostel, If U Need Male Bed Space

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.