Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,899 members, 7,922,178 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 08:15 PM

Recipe - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Recipe (238 Views)

Recipe For Oha Soup / Ilasa Soup With Wild Yam: The Secret Recipe For Multiple Birth / Guava Leaves For Weight Loss Recipe And Health Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Recipe by myhealthpost: 10:09pm On Jan 26, 2021
My favorite Afang Soup story began when I was posted to the South-South part of Nigeria, River state for NYSC. I was Like Hia ''what's Afanf soup again''? my friend laugh and called out, 'Lucy relax' you will definitely like this meal.

Behold every ingredient used for the recipe was kind of unknown to me because, in my legion, we know nothing about the recipe and ingredients used in the preparation.

As we all know, Afang soup originated from Efik, in fact, it's Efik most cultural recipe you can think of.

Afang soup is prepared from a leaf called Okazi and waterleaf, with other nutritional seafood such as periwinkle, snail, live crayfish, stockfish, etc.

The mode of preparation of Afang and Okazi soup differs a little ( Okazi soup is mostly prepared by Imo and Abia states).

Amazing Health Benefits of Afang Soup/Leave

You will have a lot to say after tasting this recipe.

1. It helps heart health:

Okazi leaf has lots to contribute once it comes to the heart. It serves as a means of lowering the low-density lipoprotein (LDL) '' bad cholesterol and boost the high-density lipoproteins (HDL) '' good cholesterol''. However, these amazing leaves help to manage blood pressure and blood sugar.

2. Helps in Pregnancy:

Over the years, Afang soup has not been reported to cause any birth miscarriage rather, it keeps the pregnancy healthy and alive.

Okazi leaves help to prevent nausea which is referred to as morning sickness in an early stage of pregnancy.  More so, these leaves help reduce pain during childbirth.

3. It Can Promote Reproductive system:

This sounds funny, right?  Okazi leaf helps in the sexual performance of a couple such as increasing the libido, helps in the blood flows of the sexual organs, helps boost ovulation.

More but not least, mostly for men, it helps in penile erection.

4. It serves as an Antidote for Poison:

The benefits of the leaf are so numerous that it is an antidote for some poison,

5. It is an Antifungal Properties:

Okazi leaves serve as an antifungal property such as it is used in the treatment of boils, warts.

Most immediately, it is used by these traditional doctors in treating measles in children.

Read more @ https://myhealthpost.com/health-benefits-of-afang-soup-is-afang-leaf-good-for-your-health/

(1) (Reply)

Help Save Peter Mark / How To Improve Your Sex Life / Managing Your Mental Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.