Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,134 members, 7,887,284 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:50 AM

Amaechi Governorship Campaign: Is This Right - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Governorship Campaign: Is This Right (584 Views)

Gunmen Destroy APC Governorship Campaign Venue In Rivers State / Labaran Maku Governorship Campaign (PHOTO) / Fola Adeola's Governorship Campaign Posters Flood Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Governorship Campaign: Is This Right by goldmond: 1:41pm On Apr 04, 2011
Governor Amaechi of Rivers state is to me and most persons in Rivers State, the best Governor in Nigeria with a very close call with Fashola. It is widely believed that he deserves a second term and that even if he leaves PDP he will surely win cos his works speaks for him. I will vote for AMAECHI

For days now his campaign guys have been calling pple up including me and several friends on phone (08066559807, the one I know); they call you by name, mentioning your other personal info such as your house address etc. And then "courteously" ask you to vote for Amaechi.

I think "Telly marketing" is ok but we wonder if it is OK for them to have such personal info and then use it for their private purpose other than security and investigative issues, 

Our question is how did they get the fone no with all the details: INEC or GSM Operators (all the nos i know about are MTN). If INEC; story story story. If MTN or others is it right.
Re: Amaechi Governorship Campaign: Is This Right by Ibime(m): 2:09pm On Apr 04, 2011
That's a breach of the Data protection Act.

Amaechi must have bought the data from MTN or stolen some Govt agency data for his campaign.
Re: Amaechi Governorship Campaign: Is This Right by otokx(m): 2:31pm On Apr 04, 2011
They have not called me yet but its probable that they got it from a 3rd party company not MTN directly because we used to get Christmas, New Year, Easter and some other public holiday sms from AMAECHI.

They should however restrict their campaigning to sending of SMS only.
Re: Amaechi Governorship Campaign: Is This Right by goldmond: 3:50pm On Apr 05, 2011
They should however restrict their campaigning to sending of SMS only.
yes, my brother. We have been receiving text msges on occassions just like other common marketing msges. But they knowing and using all your personal info is not right with us.

This can easily be used for criminal purposes by any other person.

That's a breach of the Data protection Act.

Something like that ooooo

(1) (Reply)

I Have Faith In Prof Jega / Efcc Probes Corrupt Govs Ahead Of May 29 / Presidential Poll: Cpc Files Appeal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.