Stats: 3,200,759 members, 7,975,884 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 02:42 PM

Custom Reduces Vehicle Importation Duties - Effective From Next Week! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Custom Reduces Vehicle Importation Duties - Effective From Next Week! (498 Views)

Does Catalytic Converter Actually Reduces Fuel Consumption? / Lagos State VIO Changed The Process Of Road Worthiness Effective From 4th Jan / My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC (2) (3) (4)

Custom Reduces Vehicle Importation Duties - Effective From Next Week! by Jason998: 5:58pm On Jan 27, 2021
The Nigeria Customs Service, NCS has disclosed that the reduction in the duties payable on vehicles and tractors from 35 to about 10 per cent may become operational from next week.

The Comptroller-General of Customs, Hameed Ali, made this known while addressing Journalists in Abuja, he added that the management of the service was expecting an official communication from the finance ministry on the matter any moment from now.

He said the vehicle tariff reduction, as contained in the 2020 Finance Act, was initiated by the NCS to ease the cost of transportation in Nigeria.

“We are the proponents of the new tariff. I’ve been torn apart by many people criticizing it, saying I used my connection to get it done. But it is in the overall interest of Nigeria.
Read the full story here: https://matrixliveng.com/reduction-of-vehicle-importation-duties-to-become-operational-next-week-says-customs/
Re: Custom Reduces Vehicle Importation Duties - Effective From Next Week! by Icyexpressions: 6:00pm On Jan 27, 2021
Good development. Person wey no go buy car no go buy am even if there's free importation on vehicle.

I think the government should only stick to tax pardon, subsidy and other form of motivation to support local industry and forget about these importation ban up and down.

#now_go_back_to_work_and_ make_it happen!
Re: Custom Reduces Vehicle Importation Duties - Effective From Next Week! by Decentdave(m): 6:16pm On Jan 27, 2021
Our exchange rate is bleeped up.We hope if it is truly implemented, numbers of rickety vehicles on our road will reduce.

Choice Of Car / Uber Driver / Shock Absorber

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7