Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,097 members, 7,880,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:07 PM

Must Everything That Concerns North-And-South Be Tied To Religion?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must Everything That Concerns North-And-South Be Tied To Religion?? (254 Views)

Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? / Lizard Tied To A Man's Car In The Night In Awka, Anambra (Photos) / Lady Stripped Unclad, Tied To A Pole After 'Confessing Of Being A Witch'. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must Everything That Concerns North-And-South Be Tied To Religion?? by BluntCrazeMan: 5:58am On Jan 28, 2021
Someone made a straight suggestion in a Facebook Group about abiding by the laws of the land, and Northerners in the group quickly tied the suggestion to Religion.

1 Like

Re: Must Everything That Concerns North-And-South Be Tied To Religion?? by BluntCrazeMan: 5:59am On Jan 28, 2021
But then I am also asking, “is the Sharia Law greater than the Nigerian Constitution?”
Re: Must Everything That Concerns North-And-South Be Tied To Religion?? by AntiChristian: 6:29am On Jan 28, 2021
Well, how do we reconcile the constitutional freedom of religion in which shari'a law is part of Islam whereas Christians can't agree on any law for general use among themselves from the Bible?

And when you say the law of the land, Is Shariah not the law of the land?
Re: Must Everything That Concerns North-And-South Be Tied To Religion?? by BluntCrazeMan: 6:38am On Jan 28, 2021
AntiChristian:
Well, how do we reconcile the constitutional freedom of religion in which shari'a law is part of Islam whereas Christians can't agree on any law for general use among themselves from the Bible?

And when you say the law of the land, Is Shariah not the law of the land?
If I understand where you're driving at, then I would tell you that you totally missed the point which the thread is trying to make.
Do Christians in the North disobey Sharia Laws??
So, why should the Herdsmen in the South be disobeying Anti-grazing Laws?
Must the Southerners develop their own laws from the Bible??
In fact, “Are All Southerners Christians?”
Re: Must Everything That Concerns North-And-South Be Tied To Religion?? by tommy589(m): 6:45am On Jan 28, 2021
Sales of alcohol is not permissible. But proceeds of sales is shareable cheesy

1 Like

Re: Must Everything That Concerns North-And-South Be Tied To Religion?? by AntiChristian: 6:47am On Jan 28, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
If I understand where you're driving at, then I would tell you that you totally missed the point which the thread is trying to make.
Do Christians in the North disobey Sharia Laws??
So, why should the Herdsmen in the South be disobeying Anti-grazing Laws?
Must the Southerners develop their own laws from the Bible??
In fact, “Are All Southerners Christians?”

The laws are different. Shariah law is tied to Islam. The anti-grazing law is a common law outside religion. And I'm sure not all herdsmen are Muslims.

Herdsmen are to be enforced to follow the law. And they need to be enlightened on those laws.

There are Muslims and Christians almost everywhere in Nigeria. While majority of Muslims are in the North, majority of Christians are in the SS and SE.

1 Like

Re: Must Everything That Concerns North-And-South Be Tied To Religion?? by BluntCrazeMan: 6:52am On Jan 28, 2021
AntiChristian:

The laws are different. Shariah law is tied to Islam. The anti-grazing law is a common law outside religion. And I'm sure not all herdsmen are Muslims.

Herdsmen are to be enforced to follow the law. And they need to be enlightened on those laws.
Now we are saying the same thing.
Even though the Sharia Law is tied to Islam, Christians who live there are also made to abide by it.
So, I don't understand why the simple suggestion made Northerners to bring religion into it.
Don't they want to obey the Anti-grazing Law??
Re: Must Everything That Concerns North-And-South Be Tied To Religion?? by mamaafrik(m): 6:55am On Jan 28, 2021
And you will think you have sense like this Abi,olooshi lareeree
Re: Must Everything That Concerns North-And-South Be Tied To Religion?? by AntiChristian: 7:31am On Jan 28, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Now we are saying the same thing.
Even though the Sharia Law is tied to Islam, Christians who live there are also made to abide by it.
So, I don't understand why the simple suggestion made Northerners to bring religion into it.
Don't they want to obey the Anti-grazing Law??

Islam doesn't forbid us to obey such law so far as it doesn't go against any other Islamic law.

1 Like

Re: Must Everything That Concerns North-And-South Be Tied To Religion?? by BluntCrazeMan: 7:35am On Jan 28, 2021
AntiChristian:

Islam doesn't forbid us to obey such law so far as it doesn't go against any other Islamic law.
Now, is there any other Islamic Law which the Anti-grazing Law goes against??
Re: Must Everything That Concerns North-And-South Be Tied To Religion?? by AntiChristian: 7:36am On Jan 28, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Now, is there any other Islamic Law which the Anti-grazing Law goes against??

I don't know the laws yet!
Re: Must Everything That Concerns North-And-South Be Tied To Religion?? by BluntCrazeMan: 7:47am On Jan 28, 2021
AntiChristian:

I don't know the laws yet!
Very Good
Re: Must Everything That Concerns North-And-South Be Tied To Religion?? by aderoju3921: 10:02am On Jan 28, 2021
But then I am also asking, “is the Sharia Law greater than the Nigerian Constitution?”

1 Like

Re: Must Everything That Concerns North-And-South Be Tied To Religion?? by BluntCrazeMan: 1:20pm On Jan 28, 2021
Lalasticlala..
Seun.

(1) (Reply)

Chaos In Church As Pastor Refuses To Wed Couple Because They Were 5 Minutes Late / Is Anointing By Spiritual Work Or Grace / Is A Pastor Really Saying All These.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.