Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,877 members, 7,889,924 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 02:37 AM

Want To End Poverty And Violence Crime In Nigeria?expand Access To Contraception - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Want To End Poverty And Violence Crime In Nigeria?expand Access To Contraception (149 Views)

What Is It With Married Women That They don't Like CD As A Contraception / Between Poverty And Bad Wife Who Kills Man Faster? / Why It's Not Sensible To Print More Currency Notes To End Poverty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Want To End Poverty And Violence Crime In Nigeria?expand Access To Contraception by sirjamesjnr(m): 8:57am On Jan 28, 2021
I have a humble suggestion for an antipoverty policy that, if framed correctly, could appeal to both The Christian, The Moslem, Traditional worshipper, the Godless and what have you.

That policy: Better ACCESS TO CONTRACEPTION AND GOOD FAMILY PLANNING.

In a sense, it’s unfortunate that contraception – forget the more divisive issue of abortion – has been primarily framed as an issue about feminism, sexual liberation, and other flashpoints in the culture wars.

Yes, it’s partly about those things. But giving low-income women more control over their own fertility also promotes economic security, educational attainment, income mobility, and more stable environments for Nigerian children. Not to mention deficit reduction (two-thirds of unplanned births and abortion reduction (40 per cent of unplanned pregnancies end in abortion). I may not know the right kind of method but I feel we should try out some safe ways of enjoying our sexual activities but In tune with today's reality.

Today there are huge and widening class gaps in rates of unintended pregnancies: A poor woman is more than five times as likely to get pregnant by accident than an affluent woman. ***That’s not because poor women are more sexually active***Weather for two are both for poor and the rich. Yet somehow it’s predominantly poor women who end up getting pregnant. Why? Largely because, when they do have sex, poor women are much less likely to use contraception.
Why might unplanned babies affect things like economic security and income mobility?
HAVE THIS IN MIND
Having a child before you are ready to become a parent wreaks all sorts of havoc in your unexpectedly expecting life. That’s especially true for the women who give birth to the kids, but it holds for the men who father them, too. It makes finishing high school or college much more difficult. Which in turn makes ever getting a better job more difficult.

Children brought into the world before their parents were financially or emotionally ready for them are likewise disadvantaged before they’re even born, no matter how loved they are. Check around you. We are raising men and women who are a threat to our decent way of life.

“Unwanted or untimely childbearing is one of several forces which are driving many families into poverty or keeping them in that condition.” I got angry with some person saying children are GIFTS FROM GOD. Hear me out, Children that are raised appropriately is a blessing from God. It is in this view I support abortion and comfort of life before childbearing. I don't care what your pastor or IMAMS says, they will never use common sense. God is not the author of confusion.

For too long we’ve let fears of “casual sex” get in the way of the very real economic challenge of casual childbearing. Nigeria is overpopulated already, due to our irresponsibility. Sex is good but unwanted childbearing is cancer, it will eat us all if nothing is done about it.

(1) (Reply)

Buy Genuine Skincare Products / Do You Know That Unconditional Love Can Heal / Mine Bitcoin On Your Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.