Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,343 members, 7,897,531 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 03:38 PM

A Newbie In Farming-- PLEASE HELP. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Newbie In Farming-- PLEASE HELP. (205 Views)

What Can 5 Million Naira Do In Farming? / My Mum Is Into Big Bitterleaf Farming. Please I Need Ideas On How To Upgrade It / How To Sell Thousands Of Chickens And Eggs In 14days Even If You're A Newbie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Newbie In Farming-- PLEASE HELP. by chiste1: 3:05pm On Jan 28, 2021
This is my first post this year to my fellow NLs, so it is not out of place if I wish everyone a HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR in all our endeavours.

Without waste of time, I intend to venture into Farming business shortly but have no inkling whatsoever about this business area.
I would be very happy if I can get some advice or guideline on how to venture into this lucratively risky business.

Presently, I have a two plots of bareland at Ofada-Mowe that have been idle for several years (all I do is pay the security guys within the estate to clear the land each time its bushy),, hence my determination to start farming on the land.
The crops to be planted would certainly be determined on the soil type and maturity duration before harvesting, hence my humble request for guidance.
Results from enquiries I have made on site, shows that Plantain, Cucumber, Pumpkin leaves[Ugu], Yam and Cassava are ideal crops for that location and from my observation on neighboring bare lands, these crops are really thriving well.
I'll be sincerely appreciative of any candid advice I can get from the gurus in this Agriculture section.

God bless you all.
Re: A Newbie In Farming-- PLEASE HELP. by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 28, 2021
it depends, what are you interested in planting? or better Still check out your local market and see whats selling and take point from there

(1) (Reply)

Fish Farmer's; Help Post Your Locally Formulated Feed / The Grain Moisture Meter Available Now / Where Can I Buy Straw Of Virile Semen For Artificial Insemination Of Cows???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.