Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,954 members, 7,873,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:22 AM

Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya (38407 Views)

South African Restaurant Refuses To Sell Food To Nigerians (Video) / Meet A White Woman Who Is Chef At African Restaurant In Leicester UK. / The 50 Best Restaurants In The World For 2018, African Restaurant Makes List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by Yahman1(m): 9:24am On Jan 30, 2021
majamajic:

All Calabar soups are just under Vegetable soup

Atama soup and Edikan ekong is just same soup , Calabar soups are overrated , I do eat at Calabar kitchens, I still struggle to see the difference in their soups

And your soups are over vegetable abi?

Carry your tribalism comot jare

4 Likes

Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by Lewisdinho(m): 9:26am On Jan 30, 2021
Atama soup and Edikan ikong are the same? It's not bro.
majamajic:

All Calabar soups are just under Vegetable soup

Atama soup and Edikan ekong is just same soup , Calabar soups are overrated , I do eat at Calabar kitchens, I still struggle to see the difference in their soups

Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by majamajic(m): 9:27am On Jan 30, 2021
Lewisdinho:
Have you tasted our Atama soup with Fufu before? I swear if you do you ain't gonna go back to Anambra again

I do eat atama soup , I still prefer vegetable okra soup with stock fish from Anambra kitchen , in ajao estate I do eat vegetable okra there from one Anambra kitchen

Calabar know how to cook , but Calabar no get enough delicious soups , they are just rounding around vegetable soup.

Unlike in Anambra where u can have differently in oha , nsala, vegetable okra , ogbono , bitter leaf , ofe ede , ofe akwu and egusi (with ugu or with bitter leaf )

They are look differently and tastes far differently from each other

Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by majamajic(m): 9:28am On Jan 30, 2021
Yahman1:

And your soups are over vegetable abi?

Carry your tribalism comot jare

We are discussing about food , not about tribalism , prove yourself
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by majamajic(m): 9:30am On Jan 30, 2021
Lewisdinho:
Atama soup and Edikan ikong are the same? It's not bro.

If I remove the isam and snap both of them u might not know the difference
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by Yahman1(m): 9:31am On Jan 30, 2021
majamajic:

We are discussing about food , not about tribalism , prove yourself
So what are the components of soups if not vegetables?
or is your soups filled with stones
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by majamajic(m): 9:33am On Jan 30, 2021
Yahman1:

So what are the components of soups if not vegetables?

or is your soups filled with stones

Some soups are 99.9 % vegetable

Some u just add vegetable to it when it's almost done
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 30, 2021
Dailymice:
[s]While Nigerian Fulanis are spreading havoc and cows all across Africa[/s], Southern Nigeria is spreading positivity, business ideas and development all across Africa and the world. Any news of "Nigerian" doing something good from Abroad is always a Southerner. Its high time Southerners join as a FORCE, i don't give a hoot about South West or South East.. In the North, they all see themselves as Northerners under a unified group.

Fg says they are not Nigerians. They are foreigners who have a right to live in Nigeria but are above the Nigerian law.
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by Yahman1(m): 9:40am On Jan 30, 2021
majamajic:

Some soups are 99.9 % vegetable
Some u just add vegetable to it when it's almost done
so the soups you uploaded doesn't have vegetables abi?
u no get argument Abeg
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by fineboynl(m): 9:41am On Jan 30, 2021
calabar cook better from all tribes
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by clems88(m): 9:46am On Jan 30, 2021
ntyce:
Where in Nairobi?
is in kano state angry
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by Femeto: 9:52am On Jan 30, 2021
See wetin dem dey chop. How does it represent Calabar?
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by majamajic(m): 9:55am On Jan 30, 2021
Yahman1:

so the soups you uploaded doesn't have vegetables abi?

u no get argument Abeg

Read again , I said they are not mostly 99.9% all Calabar soups

Put it in your head , I have eat all soups in Nigeria , I know people that have the best set of delicious soups , it's not Calabar , just that they know how to cook . Know the difference !
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by doctore212(m): 9:56am On Jan 30, 2021
Me na olosho just dey hungry me this morning.

I wan carry my school fees enter Betnaija and the change wey go remain I go carry am go olosho for TDB
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by edoairways: 9:58am On Jan 30, 2021
justosee:

Calabar food are overrated. They are good for the body but sometimes tasteless.
They are overrated please check your taste bud
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by Yahman1(m): 10:03am On Jan 30, 2021
majamajic:

Read again , I said they are not mostly 99.9% all Calabar soups

Put it in your head , I have eat all soups in Nigeria , I know people that have the best set of delicious soups , it's not Calabar , just that they know how to cook . Know the difference !

even if you've eaten all soups in the World

it's none of my biz

matter of fact that's your Opinion and

it's applicable to only you.

I'm also entitled to My opinion and

it is Calabar soups are the Best
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by majamajic(m): 10:05am On Jan 30, 2021
Yahman1:

even if you've eaten all soups in the World

it's none of my biz

matter of fact that's your Opinion and

it's applicable to only you.

I'm also entitled to My opinion and

it is Calabar soups are the Best

Till u try others , it's not even near the best , they only have one range of soup under umbrella of vegetable soup that's all

U can decide to say Nigeria is better than USA , it's all your opinion as a Nigerian , but we all know the truth !
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by Yahman1(m): 10:13am On Jan 30, 2021
majamajic:

Till u try others , it's not even near the best , they only have one range of soup under umbrella of vegetable soup that's all

U can decide to say Nigeria is better than USA , it's all your opinion as a Nigerian , but we all know the truth !
and who told you I haven't tried others?

And don't say what you don't know

concerning Akwa-cross soups

3 Likes

Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 10:16am On Jan 30, 2021
Dailymice:
While Nigerian Fulanis are spreading havoc and cows all across Africa, Southern Nigeria is spreading positivity, business ideas and development all across Africa and the world. Any news of "Nigerian" doing something good from Abroad is always a Southerner. Its high time Southerners join as a FORCE, i don't give a hoot about South West or South East.. In the North, they all see themselves as Northerners under a unified group.
Conveniently forgot to mention the positive drugs smuggling, human trafficking and online scam and how they affect the image of Nigeria positively accross the earth.
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by mariahAngel(f): 10:19am On Jan 30, 2021
majamajic:

I bet u never taste Oha soup from Anambra

Ofe oha is from Imo state, while ofe onugbu is from Anambra state.
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by wink2015(m): 10:24am On Jan 30, 2021
Nice move by the owner.

It is not only crude oil, music, sports that we should export to the outside world.

Our local delicacies should be taken to other parts of world.
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by mariahAngel(f): 10:28am On Jan 30, 2021
Yahman1:

of cos I've

still not sweeter than Afang soup

Oha soup and Afang cannot be compared. They're totally different.
Oha is the king of soups! Especially when prepared by someone who knows their spice.

Afang and edikangikong are the same with just the vegetables differentiating them.
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by Yahman1(m): 10:34am On Jan 30, 2021
mariahAngel:

Oha soup and Afang cannot be compared. They're totally different.
Oha is the king of soups! Especially when prepared by someone who knows their spice.

Afang and edikangikong are the same with just the vegetables differentiating them.
that's your Opinion

Oha is King of soups in your Household not mine

Same with Afang when Prepared by a good cook it's not on same league with your Oha.

1 Like

Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by SmartyPants(m): 10:36am On Jan 30, 2021
Ibrahimmrfish:

Conveniently forgot to mention the position drugs smuggling, human trafficking and online scam and how they affect the image of Nigeria positively accross the earth.

Quiet Mr!

Southern Nigeria may be known for some vices but at least everything good that we know about Nigeria is associated with the south. What good thing peculiar to Nigeria is associated with the North?
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by majamajic(m): 10:37am On Jan 30, 2021
mariahAngel:

Ofe oha is from Imo state, while ofe onugbu is from Anambra state.

I didn't say okazi soup , or uziza soup

I said Ora soup , that's Anambra soup

Ora and bitter leaf are like 5 and 6 , same cooking method
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by SmartyPants(m): 10:37am On Jan 30, 2021
Yahman1:

that's your Opinion

Oha is King of soups in your Household not mine

Same with Afang when Prepared by a good cook it's not on same league with your Oha.

Don't you know that this seemingly benign soup competition is tribalistic in nature? Be true to your self declared mantra
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by Emeraldgreene(f): 10:38am On Jan 30, 2021
[WRONG ...WRONG...WRONG...ITS LIKE U HAVENT TRAVELLED BROADLYquote author=cybluesky post=98573485]@ emeraldgreene,all africans are industrious,let's stop feeding our bloated egos.[/quote]
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by Yahman1(m): 10:43am On Jan 30, 2021
SmartyPants:

Don't you know that this seemingly benign soup competition is tribalistic in nature? Be true to your self declared mantra

not my doing

was only acknowledging Akwa-cross soups

and some peeps with inferiority

trying to tackle me
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by cybluesky(m): 10:57am On Jan 30, 2021
Emeraldgreene:
[WRONG ...WRONG...WRONG...ITS LIKE U HAVENT TRAVELLED BROADLYquote author=cybluesky post=98573485]@ emeraldgreene,all africans are industrious,let's stop feeding our bloated egos.

Kindly tell me how u got to that conclusion of Nigerians being the most industrious.
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by Germi9: 11:41am On Jan 30, 2021
Dailymice:
While Nigerian Fulanis are spreading havoc and cows all across Africa, Southern Nigeria is spreading positivity, business ideas and development all across Africa and the world. Any news of "Nigerian" doing something good from Abroad is always a Southerner. Its high time Southerners join as a FORCE, i don't give a hoot about South West or South East.. In the North, they all see themselves as Northerners under a unified group.
buhari is angry with you right now
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by NgwalandAba(m): 12:11pm On Jan 30, 2021
God bless southern Nigeria. We share many things in common.

Fulanis must go back to futa jallons.
Re: Calabar Place: A Pan-african Restaurant Launched In The Heart Of Nairobi Kenya by Saig: 12:28pm On Jan 30, 2021
Dailymice:
Include Middle Belt there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals / Top Ten Amala Joints In Lagos! / A Nigerian Dad's Funny Advice To Baby Goes Viral (pic, video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.