Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,764 members, 7,930,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 12:17 AM

Anioma Is Not Igbo And Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Ndiigbo? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anioma Is Not Igbo And Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Ndiigbo? (2583 Views)

Proponents Of Orlu State Don't Have Sense. Anioma Is The Ideal Option-ned Nwoko / Anioma Is Igbo!! / I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anioma Is Not Igbo And Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Ndiigbo? by IamAtikulate: 10:55pm On Jan 29, 2021
Yoruba thread
Re: Anioma Is Not Igbo And Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Ndiigbo? by privaldo: 3:27am On Jan 30, 2021
StainlessG:
Una don start for nairaland
i am from anioma and i am 100% Igbo

Make una nor come deny me of my tribe biko

Exactly, I am from Rivers and I am 100% Igbo. You can't deny a man his race because of some imaginary borders.

6 Likes

Re: Anioma Is Not Igbo And Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Ndiigbo? by LadySarah: 4:05am On Jan 30, 2021
privaldo:

Exactly, I am from Rivers and I am 100% Igbo. You can't deny a man his race because of some imaginary borders.

How do we reconcile Late PA Elechi Amadi, Wike and co denying their heritage while Late Obi Wali, Rotimi Amaechi accepting it.

Are you not confusing us?
Re: Anioma Is Not Igbo And Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Ndiigbo? by tit(f): 4:52am On Jan 30, 2021
Is Irabor taking over from Buhari?
Re: Anioma Is Not Igbo And Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Ndiigbo? by Dedetwo(m): 5:10am On Jan 30, 2021
LadySarah:

How do we reconcile Late PA Elechi Amadi, Wike and co denying their heritage while Late Obi Wali, Rotimi Amaechi accepting it.

Elechi Amadi was a two-faced crook. When he joined Nigerian army, he was Igbo. When the killing of Igbo officers in northern region of Nigeria, which he was targeted, he ran to the eastern region as Igbo. When he became Vice Principal at Asa High School, Asa, now in Ukwa West LGA, he was Igbo. When M. Onwuma was made administrator of Aba division, Elechi Amadi became the Principal of Asa High School, he was Igbo. However when Port Harcourt failed into the hands of vandals in 1968 and Elechi Amamdi sneaked into Port Harcourt, he realized he was not Igbo. Wike is basement fool without a father.

5 Likes

Re: Anioma Is Not Igbo And Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Ndiigbo? by Dedetwo(m): 5:28am On Jan 30, 2021
pazienza:
It is not uncommon to hear many Igbos from SE say the above about Anioma people.
This is usually said out of annoyance about how ambivalent some Anioma people have become about their Igbo tag since 1970.

There is this feeling among Ndiigbo in SE that many Anioma persons only accept Igbo tag when there is something to gain from claiming such. And are quick to deny Igbo tag when there is nothing to gain.
Many SEners have had ugly experiences where they were publicly disgraced by Anioma persons who they tried to embrace as fellow Igbos in midst of other non Igbos , only for the Anioma person to deny being Igbo. Such Igbo persons usually live with hurt feelings and would usually go about denying any Anioma person who wants to claim Igbo the chance to do so in the future.
The Anioma person exposed to such Igbos, become bitter in their hearts too, and would thereafter go about denying any innocent SEners that try to profile him as an Igbo.

It's a positive feedback thing. Where both sides are pointing accusing fingers at each other.
The Anioma claims that SEners see them as fake Igbo and only call them Igbos when they need their political numbers. On the other hand, the SEners claim that Anioma people are opportunists who only accept Igbo tag when it is helpful.

Bro, we must be cautious with our utterances pertaining to Igbo and geopolitical zones. Ndigbo cut across many geopolitical zones in Nigeria however there remains one Ndigbo not two. No reasonable person of Igbo heritage will say that an Igbo person other than the person from SE should not represent Igbo. However when dealing with dilapidated Nigeria with its shifting balance, a person must be careful to separate geopolitical zone from ethnicity. When known detractors of Ndigbo are allowed the liberty to be mischievous, they tend to fool around with ethnicity and geopolitical zone.

2 Likes

Re: Anioma Is Not Igbo And Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Ndiigbo? by oz4real83(m): 7:05am On Jan 30, 2021
Rugaria:

Edo kee u dia..
You come to someone's else territory to claim he's possessing you? I guess the Edo's that migrated to Libya will help the Oba claim Libya as Edo too...?
exactly what um I said from the onset, u guys always run away from the truth. But unfortunately, the truth has a way of always revealing itself no matter how long.
Re: Anioma Is Not Igbo And Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Ndiigbo? by oz4real83(m): 7:19am On Jan 30, 2021
LadySarah:

u will only be wasting your time trying to explain to them, their minds are already made up.
Re: Anioma Is Not Igbo And Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Ndiigbo? by Cantonese: 8:03am On Jan 30, 2021
Tranquillity360:
Anioma are Not Igbo.

I have meet many Aniomas and i can confidently tell you that Anioma are Yorubafulani.

“I have meet...”. Even simple English you cannot speak or write. Granted that English is not your mother language, at the least you can write in your mother language. I believe that people will understand you.
Re: Anioma Is Not Igbo And Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Ndiigbo? by privaldo: 9:08am On Jan 30, 2021
LadySarah:

No, I am not confusing you or any other person. I think just like Amaechi, Obi Wali, and people like myself have embraced our Igbo ancestry, it should be an individual thing after all among the Jews their are some who deny being Jews.
Re: Anioma Is Not Igbo And Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Ndiigbo? by Karemarealty288(m): 10:31am On Jan 30, 2021
Tranquillity360:
Anioma are Not Igbo.

I have meet many Aniomas and i can confidently tell you that Anioma are Yorubafulani.

They are Escapee slaves from the sugarcane farm of Oba of Benin.
Re: Anioma Is Not Igbo And Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Ndiigbo? by Karemarealty288(m): 10:36am On Jan 30, 2021
jimyjames:

Anioma simply means good land in Igbo language

When they Escaped from the sugarcane farm of Oba of Benin...they settled in Igbo land where they live and grew good crops and had good life....thats when they all proclaimed in one voice that the land is Green and good grin and named it Anioma!!!
Re: Anioma Is Not Igbo And Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Ndiigbo? by ariesbull: 10:48am On Jan 30, 2021
Karemarealty288:

When they Escaped from the sugarcane farm of Oba of Benin...they settled in Igbo land where there lived and grew good crops and had good life....thats when they all proclaimed in one voice that the land is Green and good grin and named it Anioma!!!

I am from Onicha Ugbo... I am igbo

2 Likes

Re: Anioma Is Not Igbo And Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Ndiigbo? by ariesbull: 10:49am On Jan 30, 2021
privaldo:

Chukwu gozie gi

1 Like

Re: Anioma Is Not Igbo And Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Ndiigbo? by jimyjames(m): 10:53am On Jan 30, 2021
Karemarealty288:

When they Escaped from the sugarcane farm of Oba of Benin...they settled in Igbo land where there lived and grew good crops and had good life....thats when they all proclaimed in one voice that the land is Green and good grin and named it Anioma!!!

the anioma name came after the civil war, all the Igbo subgroup in Delta State came together to form a union for political reasons and they proposed a state of their own called Anioma state they wanted to seperate from the other ethnic groups in Delta State that were not happy that asaba an Igbo Town was made the capital of Delta instead of Warri

1 Like

Re: Anioma Is Not Igbo And Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Ndiigbo? by Olatomiwami(m): 10:56am On Jan 30, 2021
jimyjames:

We the South East igbos have never denied the Western igbos across the niger even though we were being killed all over Nigeria for the crime of nzeogwu from anioma we took the punishment, we are not like the Yorubas who are always quick to disown their bad children

Face front, stop putting Yorubas in your stupid narratives, did Yorubas complain to u?
Re: Anioma Is Not Igbo And Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Ndiigbo? by jimyjames(m): 11:14am On Jan 30, 2021
Olatomiwami:

Face front, stop putting Yorubas in your stupid narratives, did Yorubas complain to u?
whether they complain or not does it change the fact?
Re: Anioma Is Not Igbo And Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Ndiigbo? by jude79(m): 1:48pm On Jan 30, 2021
Fozi:
Anioma One of the people are the Igbo speaking tribes in delta state. It is good the Igbos are already segregating before the Biafra so know no part of Delta, River or Bayelsa will join you and I believe the other southern state we rather form the Niger Delta Country or we go with the West.

I think it's better you go with the west, let's see whether they will stage a walk out with you when you demand for what rightly belongs to you, afterall your fathers told you to parley with the west and north and attack the easterners position, during the constitutional conference, only for the same east to be the only region backing your demand and it later got you 13% derivation that your region enjoys today. the east are tired of one-sided sacrifice. Our people says that when dead body starts decaying and smelling, the friend, we valued more than our brother when alive, will run.
Re: Anioma Is Not Igbo And Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Ndiigbo? by Galatians: 3:29pm On Jan 30, 2021
Eastern Igbo people are not more Igbo than the Western Igbo people.

Stop the dividing us.
Re: Anioma Is Not Igbo And Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Ndiigbo? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 30, 2021
Re: Anioma Is Not Igbo And Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Ndiigbo? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 30, 2021
Dein of Agbor:

https://www.pinterest.fr/pin/463378249131808718/

Notice the artefacts commemorating the Oba of Benin.

Re: Anioma Is Not Igbo And Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Ndiigbo? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 30, 2021
Dein of Agbor, who does he dress exactly like ?

https://www.facebook.com/ASIRIMagazine/photos/1555170664515080

Re: Anioma Is Not Igbo And Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Ndiigbo? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 30, 2021
Anioma are Edo, it is a fact. I know igbo supremacists will deny simple verifyable facts.
Re: Anioma Is Not Igbo And Should Not Be Allowed To Represent Ndiigbo? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 30, 2021

(1) (2) (Reply)

DAILY TRUST NEWSPAPER IS INSTIGATING GENOCIDE AGAINS SOUTERNERS LIVIN IN NORTH. / Breaking! IGP finally declares war against the Igbo region / Tinubu Campaign DG Fails To Answer Question On How Tinubu Made His Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.