Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,329 members, 7,888,055 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:24 PM

A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 (15092 Views)

Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested / Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? / INEC Releases Final List For December 5 Bye-Elections Across 11 States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by Taich(m): 10:29am On Jan 31, 2021
kellybently:

Do you knw how many area Afam power plant is servicing. Eche. Rumukushi. woji. Elelewon Eleme ...etc

Sorry I don't know, but I know that other parts of phc not serviced by Afam do have regular power supply with far less drama.
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by Nexxy007: 10:31am On Jan 31, 2021
Does PHCN still exist? we are the problem of our self, sell, we were deceived supported government to sell and privatized NEPA/PHCN due to our ignorance & foolishness and hatred for NEPA staffs to be laid out of service where is the light today?
cunicinni12:
It all started from last year December 5th 2020 till date the half of Rivers state have being in total darkness without the help of the ministry of power of Rivers state and PHCN. The world can understand the hardship and the suffering of buying fuel everyday and the carbon monoxide
released to the air which is dangerous to both the children and the adults also coupled with the present back soothe in Rivers state. Must the people of Elelewon,Apajor,Eleme etc suffer in the hands of the big wigs,or political rascals, are the people not part if Rivers state anymore? The Governor should please weigh into this matter as soon as possible before the mentioned communities take laws into their hands. Let me also remind the people of Nigeria violence is not everything but good dialogue and understanding.
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by cunicinni12: 10:35am On Jan 31, 2021
Governor help us.....
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by Voiceofthestree: 10:36am On Jan 31, 2021
There own good oooo.It as been over 4years now OGHARA as never witness light. Ask people that live there
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by 400billionman: 10:49am On Jan 31, 2021
cunicinni12:
It all started from last year December 5th 2020 till date the half of Rivers state have being in total darkness without the help of the ministry of power of Rivers state and PHCN. The world can understand the hardship and the suffering of buying fuel everyday and the carbon monoxide
released to the air which is dangerous to both the children and the adults also coupled with the present back soothe in Rivers state. Must the people of Elelewon,Apajor,Eleme etc suffer in the hands of the big wigs,or political rascals, are the people not part if Rivers state anymore? The Governor should please weigh into this matter as soon as possible before the mentioned communities take laws into their hands. Let me also remind the people of Nigeria violence is not everything but good dialogue and understanding.

Two months you dey panic. Our transformer packed up and we stayed without electricity for 18months.
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by 400billionman: 11:01am On Jan 31, 2021
Bofoy4:
Rivers is living on pass glory I keep on saying this.

The Government under wike is a big scam how can a state governor dash another state (kano) 50million to rebuit a burnt markt when 90% of his youth pop are idle, useless and unemploy, involving in cultism on daily basis.

Black out my foot.

Wike pls wake up from ur slumber b4 it late.

N500 million naira to Sokoto state. Imagine.

Misplaced priorities is depriving the country of development. I won't be forgetting in a hurry when my area spent 18months in darkness at a stretch. There were other intermittent long power breaks like 6 months.

I don't know if its blindness by leadership or just wickedness.
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by Smitharo(m): 11:02am On Jan 31, 2021
cunicinni12:
released to the air which is dangerous to both the children and the adults also coupled with the present back soothe in Rivers state. Must the people of Elelewon,Apajor,Eleme etc suffer in the hands of the big wigs,or political rascals, are the people not part if Rivers state anymore? The Governor should please weigh into this matter as soon as possible before the mentioned communities take laws into their hands. Let me also remind the people of Nigeria violence is not everything but good dialogue and
understanding.

Rumuokwurusi inclusive .
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by Trendy247: 11:05am On Jan 31, 2021
2kurupt:

Nobody is asking for free light, am not even based there. All am saying is what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

When people living in oil producing communities start getting free fuel from filling stations, then PHED will start giving Afam residents free light
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by 3gpvids: 11:22am On Jan 31, 2021
In my own part of ph atleast we see light for 7hrs a day

But for 3days now we never see chi chi
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by otokx(m): 11:32am On Jan 31, 2021
There appears to be a problem with light generally in PH for the past 3 days.
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by kingreign(m): 11:35am On Jan 31, 2021
kellybently:

You people should go out and vote for them again.
I'm not in Ondo, but from there. I vote no body.
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by kingreign(m): 11:36am On Jan 31, 2021
Taich:

15years¿¿, I hope you are joking?

No jokes. I was thinking it was 6years ago, till I met some elders who told me it's not 6years but 15years ago they last experienced national power supply.
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by Trendy247: 11:37am On Jan 31, 2021
Public announcement

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by erico2k2(m): 11:42am On Jan 31, 2021
Ever8090:
Living in port Harcourt is becoming difficult due to this light issue..each time I call my village to enquire about light, they will tell me they have light..
bro power gen is FG.its not jst a rivers problem try lagos.The only thing positive is prepaid metering being mandatory now.So no light no bill by default. let us see if the Gencos and Discos won't invest thier own money. its the right step.
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by cunicinni12: 11:58am On Jan 31, 2021
Land for sale in Port Harcourt Rivers State...GRA phase 1 Birabi Street call 08037016309

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by queenfav(f): 12:04pm On Jan 31, 2021
My area was affected too.. Let's just say if not for our Solar inverter setup ,my eyes would have seen pepper!
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by otokx(m): 12:08pm On Jan 31, 2021
Power restored in my area of Port Harcourt.
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by Okeyworlu: 12:15pm On Jan 31, 2021
Why is dis not on headlines or more on social....we need to hear wot govt is doing about it....

500m to sokoto was all over d news....Let this light issue go viral ..
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by macaranta(m): 12:42pm On Jan 31, 2021
kellybently:

Stop saying what you don't knw.

K

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by emezuo17: 1:06pm On Jan 31, 2021
cunicinni12:
. Truth oh, I heard they have fixed the high tension wires that fell and now the feeders in Bristol estate that connects elelenwo and akpajo is bad, it has not been easy, hopefully there will be light tomorrow, 1st Feb according to some reliable sources.
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by Giant777(m): 1:17pm On Jan 31, 2021
A town in anambra. Ichida in anaocha local government hasn't had light since Jan 2019 till now 2021. All last year no light
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 31, 2021
Yet Nigerians believe in an imaginary hell fire. Tell me, are you not living in hell currently? Isn't the experience hellish for you presently?
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by Taich(m): 1:48pm On Jan 31, 2021
kingreign:

No jokes. I was thinking it was 6years ago, till I met some elders who told me it's not 6years but 15years ago they last experienced national power supply.

Really as a nation we are not making progress, so 15years ago was better than today in such a place. Imagine the running cost of businesses such as laundry, Barbing salon , welding etc.
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by Kinematics: 1:51pm On Jan 31, 2021
Giant777:
A town in anambra. Ichida in anaocha local government hasn't had light since Jan 2019 till now 2021. All last year no light

Wow. Chino come ooo. So Anambra is synonymous to darkness

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by RIVERS1stson: 1:52pm On Jan 31, 2021
Kinematics:

Wow. Chino come ooo

You mean the most polluted city in the world? cheesy

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by Kinematics: 1:53pm On Jan 31, 2021
RIVERS1stson:

You mean the most polluted city in the world? cheesy

I mean the most polluted town in the world.

Onitsha — a town few outside Nigeria will have heard of — has the undignified honor of being labeled the world’s most polluted city for air quality, when measuring small particulate matter concentration (PM10).
Watch: Delhi’s pollution-control measures
A village in southern Nigeria, Onitsha recorded 30 times more than the WHO’s recommended levels of PM10.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fayose To Appoint Stomach Infrastructure Minister If Elected As President / How MDAs Squandered ₦‎3.8 Trillion Under Buhari – Report / Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.