Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,140 members, 7,887,299 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:17 AM

Being Cool With The World - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Being Cool With The World (126 Views)

Jesus Would Have Been Cool With Weed. Pastor Claims (photos) / Christians Will Be Cool With ECKANKAR If... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being Cool With The World by davidinchrist(m): 10:36pm On Jan 30, 2021
Jas.4.4 - Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the ENEMY of God.
Re: Being Cool With The World by chatinent: 10:38pm On Jan 30, 2021
Use a bible with modern day words, bro.

You made a mistake and the whole sense was lost.

davidinchrist:
Jas.4.4 - Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the ENEMY of God.
Re: Being Cool With The World by davidinchrist(m): 10:46pm On Jan 30, 2021
chatinent:
Use a bible with modern day words, bro.

You made a mistake and the whole sense was lost.

Hmm. I see your point, but the message is still very clear in there.

Thanks.
Re: Being Cool With The World by davidinchrist(m): 10:49pm On Jan 30, 2021
Jas.4.4 - You adulterers! Don't you realize that friendship with this world makes you an enemy of God? I say it again, that if your aim is to enjoy this world, you can't be a friend of God.

NLT
Re: Being Cool With The World by AntiChristian: 7:28am On Jan 31, 2021
But your pastors are enjoying the world. Jets, fat bank balance, sexual scandals, etc are typical nowadays.
Re: Being Cool With The World by davidinchrist(m): 11:20am On Jan 31, 2021
AntiChristian:
But your pastors are enjoying the world. Jets, fat bank balance, sexual scandals, etc are typical nowadays.

Not exactly for me bro. I have always sought to follow men like Jesus himself or his great servants like Paul. Hence, it's been over six years now since I stopped going to church, having combed virtually all kinds of churches around; found out that the leaders are deeply unchristlike: stuck with the love of Money and Popularity, yet with a form of godliness, religious or holy appearances, great sermons, signs and miracles, etc.

People are deceived because they love lies: they love religious men and people's opinions MORE than God. They won't read and believe the bible for themselves, but wait for their ALMIGHTY's opinions first (pastor/prophet/church's interpretation).

We shall know them by their Fruits, "not necessarily" by their GIFTS, SIGNS OR PROSPERITY.

Matt.7.21 - "Not all people who sound religious are really godly. They may refer to me as 'LORD' but they still won't enter the Kingdom of Heaven. The decisive issue is whether they OBEY my Father in heaven.

May Jesus bless you all.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Before You Sleep, Meditate And Pray With This / Who Can Overcome This World With All Its Manifestations ? / 6th Day Of The Month, Ask Godbthese 10 Things Before You Go Out Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.