Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,607 members, 7,979,045 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 07:03 PM

2023: Four APC Govs Move To Draft Jonathan Into Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Four APC Govs Move To Draft Jonathan Into Race (2139 Views)

North Moves To Draft Jonathan Into 2027 Presidential Race - THISDAY / Buhari Distances Self From Plot To Draft Jonathan Into Presidential Race / Four APC Leaders Assassinated In Rivers State. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Four APC Govs Move To Draft Jonathan Into Race by SamuelOamen: 5:36pm On Jan 31, 2021
A grand plot to draft President Goodluck Jonathan into the presidential race has commenced with four All Progtessives Congress (APC) Governors from the North leading the charge, The Nation learnt at the weekend.

It was gathered a group of 10 politicians from the South, comprising notable figures from Bayelsa, home state of the former President, had been given the mandate to begin a media campaign that would midwife the plan.

The group, led by a chieftain of the APC from Bayelsa and Jonathan's political ally, was said to have met on two occasions to discuss the modalities of rolling out the campaign.

A source, who spoke in confidence, said the Northern Governors, wanted the South-South to start the campaign while they play a supportive role in convincing the APC to give its ticket to the former President.

The source said the plot was to first begin a campaign for the South-South to complete its tenure in 2023.

He said: "Ten known politicians mainly from Bayelsa State have come together as a group. Their job is to start a media campaign on the need for the South-South to complete its tenure.

"They believe that since every other zone that produced the President ruled the country for eight years, the South-South should be allowed to complete its tenure.

"The four Northern Governors backing the return of Jonathan in 2023 wanted the South-South to start the campaign first while they play a supportive role in midwifing the process. They want the argument to originate from their zone of interest".

The source said already the 10 crack team had held a meeting with Jonathan and would soon meet with the Northern Governors involved in the project.

He said Jonathan was interested in the project, which was why he had refused to publicly deny his continual linkage to the 2023 presidency on the APC platform.

"The plan of these APC governors is to allow power return to the north after four years since Jonathan is entitled to only four years.

"The North believes that their tenure under the late President Musa Yar'Adua was cut short and they need to quickly return to power after 2023," he said.

He said notable figures in the Bayelsa State Government had agreed to support the move even if it entailed their defections to the APC.

"If the plan goes well, Jonathan will defect to the APC and significant number of politicians in PDP across the South-South including Bayelsa will join him," he said.

A kinsman of Jonathan and public analyst, Wisdom Ikuli, had earlier said there was nothing wrong in the move to bring Jonathan back to Aso Rock.

He said: "If we say we are fighting for equity and we believe in justice and fairness then it demands that the people of South-South should be given the remaining one term because they have done one term. When they complete that one term it will now rotate to another geopolitical zone".

But the source insisted that if some Governors in APC continued to push for Jonathan, it could lead to the disintegration of the ruling party.

Though Jonathan has not publicly declared his intention to run in 2023, he has also not denied having a presidential ambition.

https://thenationonlineng.net/2023-four-apc-govs-move-to-draft-jonathan-into-race/

1 Like

Re: 2023: Four APC Govs Move To Draft Jonathan Into Race by OritoJasi: 5:42pm On Jan 31, 2021
I don't buy the veracity of this news. He will contest under which party? APC?? Because he's not that popular in PDP of today, and Atiku go chance am there. Plus, ibos would rather 'Atikulate' than vote for an APC person - - even Jesus Christ will not get ibo votes if he contests under APC.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Four APC Govs Move To Draft Jonathan Into Race by dumahi(m): 5:42pm On Jan 31, 2021
The Return of Jonathan!!!
Re: 2023: Four APC Govs Move To Draft Jonathan Into Race by richiemcgold: 5:43pm On Jan 31, 2021
I don't believe this unfounded report

1 Like

Re: 2023: Four APC Govs Move To Draft Jonathan Into Race by dumahi(m): 5:44pm On Jan 31, 2021
OritoJasi:
I don't buy the veracity of this news. He will contest under which party? APC?? Because he's not that popular in PDP of today, and Atiku go chance am there. And ibos would rather Atikulate than vote for an APC person - - even Jesus Christ will not get ibo votes if he contests under APC.

Not true. You need to go to Imo and Ebonyi and see how fast people converted as soon as the game changed.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Four APC Govs Move To Draft Jonathan Into Race by Nwodosis(m): 5:44pm On Jan 31, 2021
Jonathan is good but not the best we need now!
Re: 2023: Four APC Govs Move To Draft Jonathan Into Race by MadamExcellency: 5:47pm On Jan 31, 2021
Political Power dey sweat the North too much that they need it back through back door in a possible shortest time.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Four APC Govs Move To Draft Jonathan Into Race by OritoJasi: 5:47pm On Jan 31, 2021
dumahi:

Not true. You need to go to Imo and Ebonyi and see how fast people converted as soon as the game changed.

Na wash. On election day, even Umahi himself will vote for Atiku. Ibos have signed blood oath with PDP.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Four APC Govs Move To Draft Jonathan Into Race by MadamExcellency: 5:50pm On Jan 31, 2021
As far as political power is concerned, Northern Nigeria has no political party, just a means to assume power.

For them PDP = APC, they can easily switch during voting to align with their political interest.

Bet me, Buhari will vote a PDP Candidate should the party feature a Northerner and APC fields a Southerner

6 Likes

Re: 2023: Four APC Govs Move To Draft Jonathan Into Race by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 31, 2021
Hmmm
Re: 2023: Four APC Govs Move To Draft Jonathan Into Race by Karemarealty288(m): 6:13pm On Jan 31, 2021
Smart northerners.....This election is for Atiku with Igbo VP.....Next year APC will have 36 independent problems and APC will grumble like pack of cards ...Then comes PDP with another Northerner and Igbo beautiful bride...
Re: 2023: Four APC Govs Move To Draft Jonathan Into Race by PrinceOfLagos: 6:16pm On Jan 31, 2021
OritoJasi:
I don't buy the veracity of this news. He will contest under which party? APC?? Because he's not that popular in PDP of today, and Atiku go chance am there. Plus, ibos would rather 'Atikulate' than vote for an APC person - - even Jesus Christ will not get ibo votes if he contests under APC.
Shut up and leave Igbo people out of your nonsense .

You should be more concerned about The fulani herdsmen wasting Yoruba people and taking over villages in Oyo state .

Nigeria is in a sorry state today because of people like you .

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Four APC Govs Move To Draft Jonathan Into Race by seunmsg(m): 6:28pm On Jan 31, 2021
Karemarealty288:
Smart northerners.....This election is for Atiku with Igbo VP.....Next year APC will have 36 independent problems and APC will grumble like pack of cards ...Then comes PDP with another Northerner and Igbo beautiful bride...

Never going to happen. Power shall return to the south in 2023. Atiku will never be the president of Nigeria.
Re: 2023: Four APC Govs Move To Draft Jonathan Into Race by Macphenson: 6:29pm On Jan 31, 2021
Rokkk
Re: 2023: Four APC Govs Move To Draft Jonathan Into Race by Racoon(m): 6:35pm On Jan 31, 2021
President Jonathan should humble and respect himself by distancing from this silly political gambling.A man same APC government called their index of "woeful performance" is the same fella they now wants to use to satisfy their political permutations of 2023?

Bunch of confused shameless idiots.All they know is acquiring political power with nothing to show for it.Nigeria will never work with its current structure.So this nation just need to disintegrate.Nothing more nothing less.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Four APC Govs Move To Draft Jonathan Into Race by iokpebholo: 6:40pm On Jan 31, 2021
Even from d headline I knew this must be coming from the nations newspapers.Those bourdilon guys wey dey shamelessly tell us say Atiku is a thief but the bullon van crook is a saint....what an irony
Re: 2023: Four APC Govs Move To Draft Jonathan Into Race by fitzmayowa: 6:51pm On Jan 31, 2021
I don't think Jonathan would ever run for presidency again, there is no point aligning himself with those that called him names and ridiculed him in their bid to grab power....
Re: 2023: Four APC Govs Move To Draft Jonathan Into Race by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 31, 2021
Well... when we get there.
Re: 2023: Four APC Govs Move To Draft Jonathan Into Race by Charmingrascal(m): 7:26pm On Jan 31, 2021
If I were Jonathan I would respect myself and not fall for this game that would eventually lead to an embarrassment because he will not win.
Re: 2023: Four APC Govs Move To Draft Jonathan Into Race by Balkan(m): 7:31pm On Jan 31, 2021
Ok
Re: 2023: Four APC Govs Move To Draft Jonathan Into Race by Balkan(m): 7:32pm On Jan 31, 2021
Charmingrascal:
If I were Jonathan I would respect myself and not fall for this game that would eventually lead to an embarrassment because he will not win.

he will win brother. They just want him for 4yrs and he can't compete again and power will go back to North
Re: 2023: Four APC Govs Move To Draft Jonathan Into Race by JohnNU(m): 7:45pm On Jan 31, 2021
GEJ should just respect himself and stay away from the presidential race. I hate what i dont like.
Re: 2023: Four APC Govs Move To Draft Jonathan Into Race by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 31, 2021
I think this is all a move to bring about discord the in the southern block since this is coming from APC then it’s sure sabotaging is already going around and the north are trying to use same old strategy.

Divide and rule.

Northern APC leaders are hell bent making power stay with them or they reap the reward most of the south presidency ticket. No southern no matter how big or small should avail themselves to be instrument of the north. It’s time for our rule.

Let all south relax and enjoy . This is our government. A southern candidate from Yoruba will best represent all south since we are the center between south with the north. Everybody has foods in Lagos table.

So we need to do am well cos it table weak fall then our foods will all be lost . We are all going as one voice. We should also see what PDP can offer. I’m scared northerner has too much structure there they wouldn’t be able to offer anything more better for the south.

Wike is really trying. He’s got the south best interest in heart but he’s in a wrong party when it comes to presidency. He should cross over to APC or work for APC why in government. He should embrace all for the south now. It’s our time.
Re: 2023: Four APC Govs Move To Draft Jonathan Into Race by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 31, 2021
Bring back aluta to replace aluta
Re: 2023: Four APC Govs Move To Draft Jonathan Into Race by iokpebholo: 7:54pm On Jan 31, 2021
WiLdFLame:
I think this is all a move to bring about discord the in the southern block since this is coming from APC then it’s sure sabotaging is already going around and the north are trying to use same old strategy. Divide and rule. Northern APC leaders are hell bent making power stay with them or they reap the reward most of the south presidency ticket. No southern no matter how big or small should avail themselves to be instrument of the north. It’s time for our rule. Let all south relax and enjoy . This is our government. A southern candidate from Yoruba will best represent all south since we are the center between south with the north. Everybody has foods in Lagos table. So we need to do am well cos it table weak fall then our foods will all be lost . We are all going as one voice. We should also see what PDP can offer. I’m scared northerner has too much structure there they wouldn’t be able to offer anything more better for the south. Wike is really trying. He’s got the best interest in heart. He should cross over to APC or work for APC why in government. He should embrace all for the south now. It’s our time.
good write up but u come spoil when u say a candidate from yoruba will b best suited.I know indirectly u want to preach about d bullon van man to us but we no go listen sir.thank u
Re: 2023: Four APC Govs Move To Draft Jonathan Into Race by helinues: 8:00pm On Jan 31, 2021
Draft abi, Dem go soon Ludo him as well
Re: 2023: Four APC Govs Move To Draft Jonathan Into Race by Biglittlelois(f): 8:07pm On Jan 31, 2021
God forbid bad thing.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Four APC Govs Move To Draft Jonathan Into Race by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 31, 2021
iokpebholo:
good write up but u come spoil when u say a candidate from yoruba will b best suited.I know indirectly u want to preach about d bullon van man to us but we no go listen sir.thank u

If peradventure Tinubu didn’t go for presidency, it will make our polity less competitive. Cos I see if Muslim/ Muslim ticket can fly and Christian/Christian can fly. The Country has entered a great historic phase in our modern political history.

is more of northern interest cos he’s military and you know the north has military so the north will always benefit most. So when Obasanjo doesn’t want Muslim/Muslim or Christian/Christian. It’s not because he love south but cos he’s military and the military cabal will dictate to him.

Unlike Tinubu or others who doesn’t have any military affiliate. We need to break the military hegemony on our democracy. No former military or anyone with military influence or connections should be allowed near presidency again. Let military be all about their own politics and securing the nation from outside enemies. Let modern politicians secure our inner democracy.
Re: 2023: Four APC Govs Move To Draft Jonathan Into Race by GallantDuke(m): 8:44pm On Jan 31, 2021
dumahi:

Conduct a transparent election in Imo state today without the interference of the Federal government and watch as Imolites will vote for PDP

1 Like

Re: 2023: Four APC Govs Move To Draft Jonathan Into Race by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 31, 2021
seunmsg:

Never going to happen. Power shall return to the south in 2023. Atiku will never be the president of Nigeria.
Why should power return to south ... thought u guys hates zoning
Re: 2023: Four APC Govs Move To Draft Jonathan Into Race by seunmsg(m): 9:07pm On Jan 31, 2021
Igbochief001:

Why should power return to south ... thought u guys hates zoning

Who are the “u guys” that hate zoning?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Proof That Abba Kyari Is Not Sincere With His Claim / BIAFRA: You’re Too Insignificant - IPOB Blasts Ambazonia / Fulani Herdsmen Rape And Kill 10 Yr Old Girl In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.