Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,923 members, 7,942,313 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 07:05 AM

My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name (3891 Views)

Hilarious Response A Girl Gave Her Ex BF / I Have Been Dumped By 3 Girls Cos I Refuse To Have Sex With Them / He Forced Me To Have Unprotected Sex With His Wife After Catching Me Red Handed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by Nobody: 3:01am On Jul 09, 2007
even your name sef u no sabi spell. You missed two letters "LO"

It should read kelechioLOdo.
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by uchetobi(f): 9:39am On Jul 09, 2007
;d :d@davi
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by kelechiodo(m): 2:09pm On Jul 09, 2007
Davidylan: Maybe you are not an Igbo. Well I don't blame you just as I don't blame Denex. But if you must know davidylan, I once had a friend called David and I gave him a pet name Dunce and he loved it. Maybe I should start calling you that and I hope you will fall in love with it.
Sillyboy: Your advice is really interesting but I don't know whether it is wort considering. I just wonder
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 09, 2007
my dear kelechiolodo, the funny thing is i am half igbo and YOU of all people happen to bear my igbo name.

I think "dunce" would better fit someone who cant pronounce his girlfriend's name properly after 6 months of dating! What do u think? grin
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by kelechiodo(m): 6:07pm On Jul 09, 2007
DUNCE is actually for people whose name start with D and talk nothing but nonsense in a public forum
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 09, 2007
@ poster

What is your level of education?
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 09, 2007
no problem dear, you dont need to be called a dunce to know u're one. This thread is enough to surmise that u're not a very smart iindividual.
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by CrazyMan(m): 7:53pm On Jul 09, 2007
I have been dating this Yoruba Girl for the past 6 months. Her name like that of our administrator is Seun, but I pronounce it 'Isi ewu' which in my language literally means Goat head. Recently she has been warning me about the murder of her name especially when one naughty friend of mine told her that I am calling her Goat head. I tried to correct myself but it only last for sometimes. Now she has carried out her threat. I wonder whether that was the only problem or is there something else that is happening I don't know of. Can inability of not pronouncing someone's name lead to break up. All the same, I hope someone will tell how I will be able to pronounce the name. I need your help.
You have a very a very big problem kelechi why would you call a girl you've dated for 6 months a "goat head"? angry

Suppose i call you "isi inkita" would you like it?
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by fuzek: 6:06pm On Aug 16, 2007
davidylan:

davidylan:

I think "dunce" would better fit someone who can't pronounce his girlfriend's name properly after 6 months of dating! What do u think? grin

kelechiodo:

DUNCE is actually for people whose name start with D and talk nothing but nonsense in a public forum

davidylan:

no problem dear, you don't need to be called a dunce to know u're one. This thread is enough to surmise that u're not a very smart iindividual.

michelin89:

@ poster

What is your level of education?

y'all are really keeping me very busy!!!!!!

OMG, roflmao, grin grin grin grin

i love nairalandas!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink wink wink
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by replenish(f): 12:05pm On Aug 17, 2007
am actually laughing my head off.

i pray it doesnt fall off eventually.

isi ewu what a lovely name, what of 'otu osha'? grin grin grin grin grin

how could u call your girlfriend goat head? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by yimiton(f): 12:33pm On Aug 17, 2007
Before Nnko, how won't she leave you, you want her to let you go and call her Isi Ewu on her wedding day shay? Any man that can't pronounce his lady's name after 6 months of dating does not have the right to call the lady his GIRL!
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by ade2kay(m): 12:42pm On Aug 17, 2007
kelechiodo, Pls stop humilating yourself before the world.

That was a clever way of insulting the babe. If you really loved the girl, you would have learnt how to pronounce the girl's name while carrying out your "research" on how to approach her.
Maybe you got her on a platter of gold that is why you treated her anyhow.
She just paid you back in the same coin.

Stop being tribalistic and get correction from ppl here.

Get out of that tribal mentality cos the world is now a global village.

Travel over the country and hear some igbos speak flawless yoruba and yorubas speak fluent igbo and other languages too.

Your interest in the babe is enough to make you even learn how to speak yoruba fluently.

Go get your igbos babes instead. I know those ones won't bear a fraction of what you did to the yoruba girl.
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by Ralvy(m): 12:45pm On Aug 17, 2007
lol, funny thread,
I doubt if she was able tu pronounce ur name either tongue
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by NJnC: 9:41pm On Jun 14, 2008
smiley
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by Godalone(m): 3:13pm On Jun 15, 2008
davidylan:

You are good.

@kelechiolodo,what is your qualification? I am sure you are a big Olodo as your name ends.I married Ibo,i don't know the Ibo name that i cannot pronounce.I have been speaking Ibo now,but not all that fluent so what are you telling us here? Olodo Omo.
Re: My Girl Gave Me Red Card Cos I Can't Pronounce Her Name by ertipha(f): 8:51pm On May 17, 2012
mumuman

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do You Do With A Domineering Girl-friend? / Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects / My Ex-girlfriend Doesn't Want To Let Go

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.