Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,986 members, 7,973,397 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 03:51 PM

Ugwu Kenneth: Akwa Ibom Corper Builds Stairwell For A Community - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Ugwu Kenneth: Akwa Ibom Corper Builds Stairwell For A Community (40262 Views)

Rahila Garba: Bauchi Corper Builds N3.5M Block Of Classrooms / Akwa Ibom Corper: I Killed Him In Self-Defence / Kebbi Corper, Juliet Ike, Builds A Kitchen For A School During Her NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ugwu Kenneth: Akwa Ibom Corper Builds Stairwell For A Community by Rugaria: 10:56am On Feb 02, 2021
FirstbornWds:

Irrespective, it's totally wrong not to recognize what grassroots activists are embarking with little or no support from the govt.

Calling the young man's project mediocre is our of place cos the villagers benefiting from this know how much importance it is to them.
Mr Man,
Raise the bar and reach the heights....
No country attained greatness with this sort of patented pettiness..
This country can function better with better organization and better projects..
All these half measures and individuals taking the role of government is just counter productive. We should stop this habit of passing the responsibility to the unfortunate citizens because government has failed! Why should we allow the government to fail?
Was Dubai built like this? Shanghai, Tokyo, Kuala Lumpur, even johannesburg.., where they built like this? Like some village sculpture works?
All these mundane habits in this country irritates...
We have local governments, right? What are they doing.

2 Likes

Re: Ugwu Kenneth: Akwa Ibom Corper Builds Stairwell For A Community by MoneyTrees(m): 11:02am On Feb 02, 2021
It's a shame what the politicians make us do
Nice one @ Kenneth Ugwu
You're a real nigarr I'm impressed
@OP what's the name of the village
Also quick question: For a community pipe borne water project, what's the solution to power for regular water pumping?

1newnairalander:
When corper Kenneth Ugwu was posted to a village in Akwa Ibom state, little dis he know that he would be the saviour of the residents in this Akwa Ibom village who usually struggle to trudge up and down this slope on their way to getting water from a stream. This NYSC engineer "corper" , Kenneth Ugwu built them a stair walkway.

This is a worthy #challenge to other corps members.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4372513402765140&id=100000195713069

1 Like

Re: Ugwu Kenneth: Akwa Ibom Corper Builds Stairwell For A Community by Brunicekid(m): 11:02am On Feb 02, 2021
Nice one from that Corper!

Remembered how I and other excos pushed ourselves for Group CDS project.
Re: Ugwu Kenneth: Akwa Ibom Corper Builds Stairwell For A Community by 1kinggy(m): 11:06am On Feb 02, 2021
Stairway or stairwell? Op, please correct the title.
Re: Ugwu Kenneth: Akwa Ibom Corper Builds Stairwell For A Community by FirstbornWds: 11:11am On Feb 02, 2021
Rugaria:

Mr Man,
Raise the bar and reach the heights....
No country attained greatness with this sort of patented pettiness..
This country can function better with better organization and better projects..
All these half measures and individuals taking the role of government is just counter productive. We should stop this habit of passing the responsibility to the unfortunate citizens because government has failed! Why should we allow the government to fail?
Was Dubai built like this? Shanghai, Tokyo, Kuala Lumpur, even johannesburg.., where they built like this? Like some village sculpture works?
All these mundane habits in this country irritates...
We have local governments, right? What are they doing.

You've succeeded in saying nothing relevant.

Probably you've not read through to know how Dubai attained so much civilization. It wasn't just the government, mere civilians really contributed. This young man earns a mean sum of 33k monthly but decided to to be useful to his host community but here you are condeming his gesture all in the make of raising the bar to reach the heights.

Do you know how long those villagers have suffered going up and down a risky slope? Do you think the L.g there isn't aware of all of these? But what have they done to rectify it? Nothing.

This young man donated his widow's mite to a community that isn't even his to begin with. But you won't know this because you don't care.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ugwu Kenneth: Akwa Ibom Corper Builds Stairwell For A Community by Rugaria: 11:16am On Feb 02, 2021
FirstbornWds:

You've succeeded in saying nothing relevant.

Probably you've not read through to know how Dubai attained so much civilization. It wasn't just the government, mere civilians really contributed. This young man earns a mean sum of 33k monthly but decided to to be useful to his host community but here you are condeming his gesture all in the make of raising the bar to each the heights.

Do you know how long those villagers have suffered going up and down a risky slope? Do you think the L.g there isn't aware of all of these? But what have they done to rectify it? Nothing.

This young man donated his widow's mite to a community that isn't even his to begin with. But you won't know this because you don't care.

You are unsalvageable..
We are at different ends on this topic and right now I don't have the time to babysit you on this one...
I have to remind you of this though;
No modernised country got there with ordinary citizens building emergency amenities all over the place.. Rant and rave about how the villagers need that, it doesn't take away the point that we need to be more organized in terms of how we use administration to carter for citizens needs in this country..

2 Likes

Re: Ugwu Kenneth: Akwa Ibom Corper Builds Stairwell For A Community by Nobody: 11:25am On Feb 02, 2021
grin grin
Re: Ugwu Kenneth: Akwa Ibom Corper Builds Stairwell For A Community by FirstbornWds: 11:27am On Feb 02, 2021
Rugaria:

You are unsalvageable..
We are at different ends on this topic and right now I don't have the time to babysit you on this one...
I have to remind you of this though;
No modernised country got there with ordinary citizens building emergency amenities all over the place.. Rant and rave about how the villagers need that, it doesn't take away the point that we need to be more organized in terms of how we use administration to carter for citizens needs in this country..

Your take, your business.

Let the government do their part, the ordinary citizen would as well do his part.

Even your example of Johannesburg has got some parts ravaged with poverty that below class citizens developed without government help. This I know of personally.
Re: Ugwu Kenneth: Akwa Ibom Corper Builds Stairwell For A Community by UTAN28(m): 11:28am On Feb 02, 2021
This one dem go beg am give am one babe from that community mk him marry

Kudos bro
Re: Ugwu Kenneth: Akwa Ibom Corper Builds Stairwell For A Community by fabolouz1(m): 11:35am On Feb 02, 2021
One of the positives of this scheme .
Kudos bro and may this act open doors for you.
Re: Ugwu Kenneth: Akwa Ibom Corper Builds Stairwell For A Community by Lamasta(m): 11:43am On Feb 02, 2021
Nice one the son of Ugwu
Re: Ugwu Kenneth: Akwa Ibom Corper Builds Stairwell For A Community by Towerex(m): 11:43am On Feb 02, 2021
Weldone. You have done good. May you not go unrewarded.
Re: Ugwu Kenneth: Akwa Ibom Corper Builds Stairwell For A Community by Rugaria: 11:44am On Feb 02, 2021
FirstbornWds:

Your take, your business.

Let the government do their part, the ordinary citizen would as well do his part.

Even your example of Johannesburg has got some parts ravaged with poverty that below class citizens developed without government help. This I know of personally.

I'm not saying tht governments should build everything, what I'm saying is that governments should set up active and roburst structures to do these things. In my village, we contributed and donated to have NEPA lines connected to my town those years.. But inspite of that citizens ability to come together and do such, which is common in Nigeria, countries like China, Ghana, Qatar, Egypt without such base approach to service delivery have more power generation and distribution abilities than Nigeria! What does that tell you? That doing it this way might "help" few villagers but it's not sustainable and can't be applied nationwide to solve a national problem... We have to think big to solve big problems...
Re: Ugwu Kenneth: Akwa Ibom Corper Builds Stairwell For A Community by 27Pushing30: 11:59am On Feb 02, 2021
Good now let the community/Local Govtcome together and add guard railings to it for safety.
Re: Ugwu Kenneth: Akwa Ibom Corper Builds Stairwell For A Community by timibare(m): 11:59am On Feb 02, 2021
grin grin your a fool walahi
gistray:
Over sabi
Re: Ugwu Kenneth: Akwa Ibom Corper Builds Stairwell For A Community by Nobody: 12:34pm On Feb 02, 2021
Very neat job
Re: Ugwu Kenneth: Akwa Ibom Corper Builds Stairwell For A Community by Henrysaint1: 12:46pm On Feb 02, 2021
Nice one bro...

We are representing well...

Like I told you before, "that the blessings of this good work shall permanently be��"
Re: Ugwu Kenneth: Akwa Ibom Corper Builds Stairwell For A Community by Sunisonflex39(m): 12:50pm On Feb 02, 2021
How can u post only one girl with plenty boys to that village..nah men..me i no fit o..i love mingling with the opposite sex
Re: Ugwu Kenneth: Akwa Ibom Corper Builds Stairwell For A Community by McBenedict(f): 1:39pm On Feb 02, 2021
good one, God bless him
Re: Ugwu Kenneth: Akwa Ibom Corper Builds Stairwell For A Community by RemiDogCare(f): 1:44pm On Feb 02, 2021
Five content writers are needed to join a highly productive content writing team.

You will be paid One Million Naira

If you like to write articles and get paid for writing then this team/project is for you.

This opportunity is open to both experienced and new content writers...

Project Details : Content Writing For New and Experienced Content Writers

To signify your interest, send a message to the WhatsApp contact on the signature.
Re: Ugwu Kenneth: Akwa Ibom Corper Builds Stairwell For A Community by Hajee77: 1:48pm On Feb 02, 2021
God bless you,Corper.
Re: Ugwu Kenneth: Akwa Ibom Corper Builds Stairwell For A Community by Martini101(m): 3:09pm On Feb 02, 2021
Nice gesture.

OBSERVATION: he should have added pebbles the stairs to avoid being slippery when wet.
Re: Ugwu Kenneth: Akwa Ibom Corper Builds Stairwell For A Community by MsAllison(f): 3:37pm On Feb 02, 2021
solmus:
Nice one corper

You mean to tell me hundreds of villagers in that community can't contribute to build this.... But if it's to fvck up and down they can fvck
Hehehehehe

going going....
Re: Ugwu Kenneth: Akwa Ibom Corper Builds Stairwell For A Community by preacherz: 4:07pm On Feb 02, 2021
Rugaria:
Mediocrity in Nigeria is alarming...

Are u saying that his work though very little shouldn’t
be Celebrated??

I hope not.
Re: Ugwu Kenneth: Akwa Ibom Corper Builds Stairwell For A Community by jaytime(m): 5:31pm On Feb 02, 2021
Fantastic concept. Someone else can help with handrails. Hope he used concrete, not just dressing with cement. Good gesture, thumbs up man!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Corper Dies In Auto Crash In Sokoto After Visiting Mother / Corps Member Found Dead In Ilorin With A Broken Skull / Corper Stabs Boss In Calabar Over Clearance (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.