Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,879 members, 7,945,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 07:46 AM

Laporta: Messi Generates A Third Of Barcelona's Income - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Laporta: Messi Generates A Third Of Barcelona's Income (494 Views)

Joan Laporta Returns As Barcelona President After Winning Club Elections / Arsenal To Swap Aaron Ramsey For Ousmane Dembele Of Barcelona / Unbelievable Vintage Picture Of Barcelona’s Camp Nou In 1925! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laporta: Messi Generates A Third Of Barcelona's Income by Yuncage(m): 7:38am On Feb 02, 2021
Barcelona presidential candidate Joan Laporta has come out and defended
Lionel Messi after the contract he signed in 2017 came to light by El Mundo on Saturday night .
The report revealed that Messi could earn up to 555,237,619 euros over the course of a four-season period, yet COPE have also reported that the Argentine is still owed 63.5 million euros of this season's current salary.
"It's bad news because it's disrespectful, and because there is a mismanagement at the club it's easier for these things to happen," Laporta said of El Mundo's story.
"Barcelona 's situation is not caused by Leo's contract. Messi generates more income than he earns. We have done a study and he generates around a third of Barcelona 's total income."
Laporta pointed to the way in which
Messi has helped Barcelona win on the pitch and this, in turn, has helped make them more marketable off it.
"From 2004 to 2019 we have won 35 trophies and [Real] Madrid 22, and this, in large part, is thanks to Leo Messi ," he explained.
"Without him, we wouldn't have won so much. There are nine sportsmen in the world who earn more money in relation to the total income of a club.
"Leo accounts for a total of 8.2 percent of the club's expenditure. All the sponsors demand to have Leo."
What's clear is that the potential
Barcelona president wants Messi to stay.
"I will do my best to keep him," Laporta confirmed.
"I have indications that he is fine at Barcelona; he wants to stay and he needs to trust in a sporting project."

https://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2021/02/01/60182261e2704e122d8b462f.html

Re: Laporta: Messi Generates A Third Of Barcelona's Income by RedPanthar: 7:47am On Feb 02, 2021
I'll wait to hear what Barca fans have to say here
Re: Laporta: Messi Generates A Third Of Barcelona's Income by ValCon888: 8:44am On Feb 02, 2021
He generates a third of your income but takes half of that income as salary. I never knew Barca was sucking Messi's díck this bad. And after they'll be comparing themselves to Real Madrid.
Re: Laporta: Messi Generates A Third Of Barcelona's Income by oyatainer(m): 12:04pm On Feb 02, 2021
ValCon888:
He generates a third of your income but takes half of that income as salary. I never knew Barca was sucking Messi's díck this bad. And after they'll be comparing themselves to Real Madrid.
s

You are naive to know that Barca image globally will decline a bit without Messi. That's why Bartomeu did not want that to happen.

It happens everywhere, if Man City signs Messi now, do you think it is only what he plays on the field they want to buy. Endorsement, image right, sponsorship and host of others are the reasons for his enormous wage. You earn according to your input.

I ó one heard this until COVID 19 started. Barca has been on the top of money rich for years now, Ll thanks to Messi.
Re: Laporta: Messi Generates A Third Of Barcelona's Income by OJEEMAH(m): 1:30pm On Feb 02, 2021
oyatainer:
s

You are naive to know that Barca image globally will decline a bit without Messi. That's why Bartomeu did not want that to happen.

It happens everywhere, if Man City signs Messi now, do you think it is only what he plays on the field they want to buy. Endorsement, image right, sponsorship and host of others are the reasons for his enormous wage. You earn according to your input.

I ó one heard this until COVID 19 started. Barca has been on the top of money rich for years now, Ll thanks to Messi.
No point explaining. If he doesn't understand, just let him be. His comment is enough says a lot......!
Re: Laporta: Messi Generates A Third Of Barcelona's Income by paulolee(m): 4:44pm On Feb 02, 2021
we all know how influential messi is to barca both on n off d field..some enemies are just hating on him for nothing..
Re: Laporta: Messi Generates A Third Of Barcelona's Income by paulolee(m): 4:46pm On Feb 02, 2021
ValCon888:
in my many years of business, I havent seen a case when an owner would b dieing to keep a worker dt generates third or its income n rakes half of its income as salary....do u think u know more than barca or barca is a charity organization??

(1) (Reply)

Manchester United 'make Contact With Cristiano Ronaldo's Agent Over Return / Bet9ja Has Started Again O / Get Sure 4 Odds Daily For 5 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.