Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,954 members, 7,903,066 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 11:38 PM

Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn (32240 Views)

SERAP Sues Tinubu For Not Publishing Spending Details Of N400bn Fuel Subsidy / UNEC Students Procure Refreshments Ahead Of Tomorrow's Election / Garba Shehu To Akeredolu: No State Authorised To Procure Automatic Weapons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Jman06(m): 7:50pm On Feb 02, 2021
Goldmaxx:
what error did Trump make?
He arrogated to himself the position of a medical authority and was dishing out misleading information to the public instead of heeding to wise counsels from people who knew better.
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by hakeemhakeem(m): 7:57pm On Feb 02, 2021
Don't fall for this political gimmick he want to score point what happened to logistics and the effective of the brand he advertising
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Citizen0(m): 7:59pm On Feb 02, 2021
What do you know?!. You know nothing. So keep quiet, when it comes to national issues. [

quote author=solmus post=98673291] cool

China Obi, the Philosophy graduate forming economist to his people

Our Brother the Health Minister from Edo State never said the amount or quantities he is purchasing, he never stated cost of logistics and storage.

Typical Ibo man feels he knows all, deals better and is smarter than the Edo minister,

empty barrel China Obi BSC philosophy, lecturing MD Doctor in Medicine on procurement of Vaccines

No wonder Buhari skips them in appointment and Nigerians never vote them

.[/quote]
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Dikaveli(m): 8:03pm On Feb 02, 2021
solmus:
cool

Our Brother the Health Minister from Edo State never said the amount or quantities he is purchasing, he never stated cost of logistics and storage.

Typical Ibo man feels he knows all, deals better and is smarter than the Edo minister,

empty barrel China Obi BSC philosophy, lecturing MD Doctor in Medicine on procurement of Vaccines

Are you better than them ( igbos) myopic bigot

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by indolomous(m): 8:08pm On Feb 02, 2021
Just because you know English don't mean you should talk nonsense... YOU ARE ONE OF NIGERIA'S PROBLEM.. BIKO GO SKOOL
UncleHaba22:
Instead of buying 400bn own he will buy 150bn and add water

Sense will not kill this man grin grin
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 8:15pm On Feb 02, 2021
solmus:
cool

If you read the post you would've known that his analysis is apt, but tribalism and foolishness has already consumed a large part of your cerebral cortex. It's a pity, you're a lost cause

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by 27Pushing30: 8:18pm On Feb 02, 2021
India and Naija are they the same?

Review below line culled from
https://m.timesofindia.com/india/how-india-plans-to-execute-its-mega-covid-19-vaccination-drive/articleshow/80290406.cms

“Two Covid-19 vaccines
The Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) had earlier this month approved Covishield, the Covid-19 vaccine developed by Oxford University and AstraZeneca, and made by the Serum Institute of India. It also granted restricted emergency use authorisation to Covaxin, indigenously developed by Bharat Biotech”

You can read up and understand why it’s cheaper in India .

Regards

slowice:

Oga he didn't compare anybody to anybody.... Don't you know what comparison is? He made a statement making reference to what happening in India and how Nigeria can benefit from it.... Where is the comparison?
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Goldmaxx(f): 8:20pm On Feb 02, 2021
Jman06:
He arrogated to himself the position of a medical authority and was dishing out misleading information to the public instead of heeding to wise counsels from people who knew better.
okay, which misleading information did he dish out exactly?
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Dottore: 8:25pm On Feb 02, 2021
solmus:

What and what did he achieve in Anambra for 8 years.. I mean infrastructure

He runs business of his father, still invested his STATE FUND in his personal business while Anambra lacks road and infrastructure

How quick you people can generate propaganda spread false claims and assumptions. By the way, did you loan his father money, did he tell you not to run your own father's business, what stops you from contesting for governorship and using the money to finance your father's business.

Many people in this faceless forum lack respect. Can you measure with any of his graduate employees in any location of his many businesses. Have u ever paid anyone salary in your life? Do you know the quota he's contributing in alleviating poverty and unemployment in Nigeria. You learn to give honour to whom its due.
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Emperor5(m): 8:26pm On Feb 02, 2021
Good analysis.... Apc administration is bunches of dullard, they wouldn't sorts for better means to purchase the drugs rather they will focus on what they will loot
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by solmus: 8:29pm On Feb 02, 2021
Dottore:

How quick you people can generate propaganda spread false claims and assumptions. By the way, did you loan his father money, did he tell you not to run your own father's business, what stops you from contesting for governorship and using the money to finance your father's business.

Many people in this faceless forum lack respect. Can you measure with any of his graduate employees in any location of his many businesses. Have u ever paid anyone salary in your life? Do you know the quota he's contributing in alleviating poverty and unemployment in Nigeria. You learn to give honour to whom its due.

Stop whining like a menstruating little girl

The question is simple; What and what did he achieve in Anambra for 8 years.. I mean infrastructure, $100 per barrel allocation, which bridge, airport, modern health centre, stadium, or anything he built

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Dottore: 8:32pm On Feb 02, 2021
solmus:

Stop whining like a menstruating little girl

The question is simple; What and what did he achieve in Anambra for 8 years.. I mean infrastructure, $100 per barrel allocation, which bridge, airport, modern health centre, stadium, or anything he built
Nothing sir. Get him arrested.
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by intruder15(m): 8:33pm On Feb 02, 2021
slowice:

This isn't funny.... We re paying triple the price for almost everything we get in Nigeria

Paying it is not even the problem. The fact that we are collecting loan to pay it is more irritating. Meaning that someone is purposely collecting inflated figures as loan which will affect our children's children in future all because of selfish gain. Peter Obi is good. He proved it in Anambra State. Just didn't root for him during the last election because I know that Vice presidency is a ceremonial seat in Nigeria.
If he comes out as the presidential candidate, will vote for him irrespective of the party.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Jman06(m): 8:42pm On Feb 02, 2021
Goldmaxx:
okay, which misleading information did he dish out exactly?
1. That chloroquine is an effective "cure" for covid19, when in fact, chloroquine was found to be harmful to some patients.

2. He referred to the virus as "Chinese virus'', purporting that the virus was deliberately " engineered " by Chinese government to achieve economic advantage.
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by rottennaija(m): 8:46pm On Feb 02, 2021
samwillyco1:

Don't forget some people have already gotten theirs outside the country, and some people will refuse to be vaccinated, while it will not get to many people. However (150 × 2 = 300) we still have 100 billion left, and even if you talk of logistics which will not be more than 10 billion Naira. The truth is that the government spend unnecessarily in this country.

Governance is generally expensive. Besides, you are forgetting that these vaccine or at least some of it has to be store at a very low temperature..

My dear, sometimes things are just not always that straightforward.
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by rottennaija(m): 8:47pm On Feb 02, 2021
Nato008:

so u really trust the govt...

This isn't about trust of govt but simply maths. common sense shows that Peter spoke nonsense. He may have done that to be politically correct.
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by na2016: 8:53pm On Feb 02, 2021
CSTRR:

The last time I checked, the federal government is getting the Chinese vaccines for the general populace.

Did you care to find out how much is the Chinese Vaccine/dose? What is the efficacy of the vaccine? Before you beleive any politician who is yet get power, do your research.

I weep again I say I weep for our academia. Uptil today nothing from any Nigerian University that our government can fall back to.
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Ferdinandu(m): 8:54pm On Feb 02, 2021
solmus:
cool

Your Buhari is a Dunce now. A Dunce will only be comfortable around fellow Dunce. Smart intelligent people scare shit out of them
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by pquaver(m): 9:00pm On Feb 02, 2021
Esseite:

The bolded is the reason a lot of us are rooting for peter Obi...

The same way our railway construction is the most expensive in all of Africa despite being constructed on huge loans..

Obi should stop being clever by half.. If they buy the vaccine from India will you agree to take it?

Pfizer vaccine is €25 per 2shots

When they said they will give China vaccine you guys started to make noise that you need the same Pfizer.. Do you think is free? OBI should not play politics with everything.. Even the Chinese vaccines is not cheap.
Moderna is $33 if am not mistaking. The man doesn't know whst he is saying.
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by pquaver(m): 9:12pm On Feb 02, 2021
CSTRR:

The last time I checked, the federal government is getting the Chinese vaccines for the general populace.

So why is obi talking about India vaccine price. Doesn't he know difference between China and India?

Is not everything one opens his mouth.. Now I now know he is not as smart as I thought
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Vinesee: 9:17pm On Feb 02, 2021
Peter OBI and his likes are the link between Nigerians greatness and the opposite. His submission on how to procure Corvid vaccine is Germaine. Peter is practical, affordable and tactical. His yrs as governor of Anambra state in terms of development and good governance has not been equaled. Nigeria is losing a lot by not tapping into the ingenuity of our frugal Okwute. Look at his analytical simplification of vaccine procurement and distribution from India to Nigeria . His saving plans are classic and typical of him. Why waste 400b instead of using his plans and the rest of the savings to plough into our healthcare
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by CSTRR: 9:22pm On Feb 02, 2021
pquaver:

So why is obi talking about India vaccine price. Doesn't he know difference between China and India?

Is not everything one opens his mouth.. Now I now know he is not as smart as I thought
India should be more expensive than the chinese because the indians are mass producing for the the likes of Pfizer and astrazeneca.

But when the chinese vaccines cost as much as 400 billion, imagine how much the Euro-american vaccines in india will cost based on Nigeria corrupt procurement.

That is obi's point. He is much smarter than your president and everybody in his govt.
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by slowice(m): 9:22pm On Feb 02, 2021
27Pushing30:
India and Naija are they the same?

Review below line culled from
https://m.timesofindia.com/india/how-india-plans-to-execute-its-mega-covid-19-vaccination-drive/articleshow/80290406.cms

“Two Covid-19 vaccines
The Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) had earlier this month approved Covishield, the Covid-19 vaccine developed by Oxford University and AstraZeneca, and made by the Serum Institute of India. It also granted restricted emergency use authorisation to Covaxin, indigenously developed by Bharat Biotech”

You can read up and understand why it’s cheaper in India .

Regards

You brought up the issue of comparison where there was none....i understand the point you made above but you re still mixing things up. Obi believe that we can get vaccines a lot cheaper that what the health minister proposed and even said he could facilitate that..... You don't know the depths of his connection but you erroneously assumed that he was comparing Nigeria with India... Read to understand
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by CSTRR: 9:29pm On Feb 02, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

If they budget millions for Biro, the question you need to ask is if the money was eventually released and what kind of biro( I know because I buy Bic pen and those ordinary branded ones and I assure you that the difference between cost of Bic pen and those other pens will shock you). Please go to a store now and price Bic and the regular biro first.
I am not giving excuses for anyone or suggesting that EFCC should not move in but I will love those raising issues on cost differentials to do so intelligently.

Meanwhile, please visit https://freestuffsng.com/ to get your free stuffs in Nigeria.
Lol
You are defending waste and misappropriation.
Book is book, biro is biro.

It should not run into millions under any circumstances even in america the richest country on earth.
Nigeria has the highest percentage of poor in the world. Go to twitter and see how foreigners are mocking your country.

You are asking if they released the money? In this Nigeria?
They budgeted for something and you think releasing the money is the problem?
I laugh in greek.
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Goldmaxx(f): 9:31pm On Feb 02, 2021
Jman06:
1. That chloroquine is an effective "cure" for covid19, when in fact, chloroquine was found to be harmful to some patients.

2. He referred to the virus as "Chinese virus'', purporting that the virus was deliberately " engineered " by Chinese government to achieve economic advantage.

have you checked the news lately? Chloroquine has been agreed to be much better in treating covid19. The media only disputed it because of politics, now the election is over and he's gone they accepted it. They didn't want covid19 cure to be found until election is over. Even some doctors in the US said the same too and the liberal Twitter censored them.

He nicknamed covid19 chinavirus because a Chinese official openly claimed that covid19 was started from America and was spread by an American. Get your facts right and stop watching liberal media outlets like CNN, New York times and Washington Post. Make some research too.

Goodnight!
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by banio: 9:39pm On Feb 02, 2021
helinues:
Cheaper one from China right?

grin

It's relatively cheap because it is produced in India. Pfizer would have given them the A to Z on how to produce it.
Or didn't you read the part were it is stated that Nigeria in the 80's was producing vaccine for smallpox, yellow fever etc.
Nigeria never originated or did any laboratory test to produce smallpox vaccine but was guided by the Superpowers. So India is being guided.
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by fayruka(m): 9:44pm On Feb 02, 2021
See this mumu man. Israel that's not even up to one-third of Nigeria's population purchased the vaccine at $24dollars/vaccine and u are here telling us $2dollars? You want to purchase water in a bottle as vaccine bikonu?
Na person wey dey outside football pitch they think say football dey very easy to play until he gets on the pitch and realize no be joke.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Nato008(m): 10:18pm On Feb 02, 2021
rottennaija:

This isn't about trust of govt but simply maths. common sense shows that Peter spoke nonsense. He may have done that to be politically correct.
lols....is like ur not a Nigeria for u to be even thinking the govt will not want to cash out from this stuff....and talking Abbot simple for our politicians
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by pquaver(m): 10:19pm On Feb 02, 2021
CSTRR:

India should be more expensive than the chinese because the indians are mass producing for the the likes of Pfizer and astrazeneca.

But when the chinese vaccines cost as much as 400 billion, imagine how much the Euro-american vaccines in india will cost based on Nigeria corrupt procurement.

That is obi's point. He is much smarter than your president and everybody in his govt.

The point is his figure do not match because the doses come in 2 shots.. And u must calculate logistics from purchase to end consumer knowing fulling well some are going to have special storage like the Pfizer vaccines. And they are also buying some quantity of Pfizer and other ones so you know..
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Omodua(m): 10:27pm On Feb 02, 2021
solmus:
cool

Do you need to insult him and his Ethnic group for making his point? Peter Obi felt the amount being expended are on a high side and could be whittled down based on robust negotiations. It's left for you to counter him with superior argument than pouring invectives on him and his ethnic group. As Apc buccaneer,you are free to support the party but not based on blinded and hate loyalty. The Mods should take note and evoke appropriate sanctions against posters with ethnic biases and insulting comments.
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by samwillyco1(m): 10:30pm On Feb 02, 2021
rottennaija:

Governance is generally expensive. Besides, you are forgetting that these vaccine or at least some of it has to be store at a very low temperature..

My dear, sometimes things are just not always that straightforward.

Agreed but the 400 billion Naira is too much for that only

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lawyers Drag INEC, AGF To Court, Seek Disqualification Of Atiku, Tinubu, Obi / Who Do You Think Will Win Presidential Election In Your State? Which State? / Rochas Okorocha Visits Obasanjo At His Otta Residence In Ogun(pics)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.