Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,198 members, 7,974,034 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 02:12 PM

You Know, Either Candidate Isn't That Bad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Know, Either Candidate Isn't That Bad (488 Views)

If This Is True Then Why Isn't This Woman Arrested Yet? / Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? / Team Jonathan- It Isn't That Bad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Know, Either Candidate Isn't That Bad by Ikengawo: 4:53pm On Apr 05, 2011
a rare moment nigerian election history: both candidates aren't born by satan and we're left to pick between the devils first or second son.

If GEJ wins i won't be upset. Yes i don't like his spending, and I don't like his reactionary approach to everything because i would like to see pro-active leadership instead, but these are issues a normal candidate and a normal president in any reasonable country can have. People hate obama's spending and feel that he too isn't pro-active enough in pushing his agenda.

Buhari's win also would make me happy. We all know his good qualities, and the things ppl have against him, he's old/outdated, the country needs new blood and a new direction, are the same things ppl were saying against Ronald Regan who was a similar age to Buhari now when he ran.

i therefore have no problem with either winning thought im slightly inclined to support Buhari because nigeria is in URGENT need of discipline.

people try to demonize the candidate they're 'against' but in reality we have too pretty good options.

It's not like having to choose between half dead murderous extortionate and corrupt Yar'adua and 'still on trail for corruption' mega theft atiku like in 2007
Re: You Know, Either Candidate Isn't That Bad by ektbear: 6:35pm On Apr 05, 2011
That is my own feeling. I'd prefer if GEJ loses, but don't think it will be terrible if he wins.

(1) (Reply)

Police Rescue Kidnapped Legislator / "wobbling On Waters Of The Niger" By Chidi Anthony Opara / Elections Update:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.