Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,392 members, 7,937,185 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 04:28 PM

I’m Not Surprised By My Removal - Sacked Borno Commissioner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Not Surprised By My Removal - Sacked Borno Commissioner (361 Views)

Borno Commissioner, Ibrahim Garba, & A Woman Found Dead In Guest House / Senate: Akpabio Behind My Removal, Orji Kalu Is Next - Elisha Abbo / Sandra Eze Sanzye: 'Bourdillon’ Ordered My Removal From TVC, Says Journalist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Not Surprised By My Removal - Sacked Borno Commissioner by SandraJane: 6:42am On Feb 03, 2021
A former Borno State Commissioner of Health, Dr. Salisu Kwaya-Bura, who was sacked on Tuesday, has said his sacking was not politically motivated.

Kwaya-Bura’s sacking was earlier announced in a statement by the Special Adviser on Public Relations and Strategy, Malam Isa Gusau.

It reads partly, “The Borno State Governor, Prof. Babagana Zulum, has relieved the state Commissioner for Health, Dr Salihu Kwayabura, of his position.”

Gusau had said the directive was part of necessary measures to reposition the ministry of health and named Prof. Isa Marte, as replacement.

But Kwaya-Bura, who spoke to journalists later said, “Contrary to speculations that my appointment was terminated due to political reasons, this is not true.

“The decision did not come to me as a surprise because I did not appoint myself in the first place and I believe that someone else has the right to be appointed by the governor as he pleases.

“I do not believe that this is political or anything to do with my role in the COVID-19 team as being speculated because I am a professional medical personnel and I will continue to play vital role in the administration of good health in Borno State,” he added.

Source: https://punchng.com/im-not-surprised-by-my-removal-sacked-borno-commissioner/

cc; lalasticlala , mynd44

Re: I’m Not Surprised By My Removal - Sacked Borno Commissioner by Nobody: 6:45am On Feb 03, 2021
Arrrrrrrh

I hope so, cause every move in Nigeria seem political . no one can tell !!
Re: I’m Not Surprised By My Removal - Sacked Borno Commissioner by Mokason288(m): 6:45am On Feb 03, 2021
grin
Re: I’m Not Surprised By My Removal - Sacked Borno Commissioner by pyyxxaro: 6:46am On Feb 03, 2021
Mokason288:
grin

Weeedaaa yooou diaaaa
Re: I’m Not Surprised By My Removal - Sacked Borno Commissioner by Nackzy: 6:49am On Feb 03, 2021
Maybe he's not Loyal
Re: I’m Not Surprised By My Removal - Sacked Borno Commissioner by Realtord43: 6:59am On Feb 03, 2021
K
Re: I’m Not Surprised By My Removal - Sacked Borno Commissioner by Beface(m): 7:11am On Feb 03, 2021
From the look of thing I guess his removal is due to corruption.

(1) (Reply)

Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Kill Five Farmers In Four Days In Ogun Community / Wheelbarrow Becomes Official Means Of Transportation In Port Harcourt / PDP Is The Only Hope Of Nigerians, Ready To Take Over In 2023 – Ologbondiyan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.