Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,853 members, 7,906,153 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 06:14 AM

Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman (34488 Views)

The Look ASUU Chairman Gave Chris Ngige After Reaching Agreement / FG Approves Six New Private Universities (names) / LASU Sacks ASUU Chairman, Vice Chairman And 15 Other Lecturers For Malpractices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by Bonn01: 5:32pm On Feb 05, 2021
At this point, I now find this argument childish. I've seen outstanding student from both the private and public institutions

1 Like

Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by JohnOkolo: 5:33pm On Feb 05, 2021
spy24:

You are dilusional

Talk with facts and not mere assumptions

Put Nigerian public universities and Nigeria private universities side by side and compare

Take law school for example private universities students don't do well when compared with their counterparts from public schools

The doctors that treats patients in university teaching hospitals in the country are from private schools abi ?

Oga stop talking because you just want to talk

There are faculties that Public Universities clear have upper hand to their Private Counterparts, because of years of establishment and funding which most Private Universities can meet in the near future. But we ain't talking about Law Schools and Medical Schools. The overall learning environment makes a private school better and conducive to learn and produce better Graduates.

If you like talk from now till eternity. Public Schools are a Menace and all forms of Social Vices thrive there. Imagine going to a class and see your course mate butchered and Cultists chase lecturers, threaten lecturers and rape female lecturers.

This is all I see when people like you back Public Universities the environment clearly makes it not conducive and bleeped up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by Asour: 5:33pm On Feb 05, 2021
HigherEd:
Dr. Lazarus Maigoro,

For over 7 decades that public education started in Nigeria, tell me exactly what the public education system that incubated you with a certificate worth no more than a single roll of toilet paper has benefitted the country?

What game changing patents in manufacturing, banking & finance, telecommunications have you, your students or any of your colleagues with "full brain" provided industry?

If all universities in the US are halted today, the US stock market would crash because their universities are the engines of innovation and supply of high skilled human capital.

If all public universities in Nigeria cease working for one month, the stock market won't even notice. Industry goes unconcerned. This is because you and your colleagues at ASUU actually constitute a burden to both industry and government.

You supply graduates that need retraining after four years of a retrogressive curriculum. Your value is so low priced that you can't generate your own salary through your effort except government gives you money.

The entire founding team of Paystack, PiggyVest, Quidax, ThriveAgric are from Babcock University - can you stand any of them in terms of contribution to national development?

The guy was wrong in making generalizations.

But you can correct him without making more generalizations yourself.

Remarks of yours like "with a certificate worth no more than a single roll of toilet paper has benefitted the country? " is just feeding fire for fire without effectively correcting him.

Many Covenant university (I suspect you have an affinity with the institution) lecturers [Perhaps the VC at one time] are products of public institutions. Are they of Toilet paper certificates too?

Unproven Generalizations are wrong. No matter who makes them. even when used to counter another.

Cheers.

6 Likes

Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by Burstit(m): 5:34pm On Feb 05, 2021
Adjovi:

Naso you people will just open your mouth and be spewing thrash. I went to a private university and in can tell you it's not easy oga. They don't spoon feed like you people assume. There may be some advantages we benefit and should we not benefit them considering the huge amount we pay.
Guy, go through wetin u post dia again. Some persons fit use wetin u post dia draw conclusion on the quality of human output wey private universities the produce.

1 Like

Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by Fiscus105(m): 5:36pm On Feb 05, 2021
KoshCAD:
I can see lie on your comment.

Go and do findings urself, make sure you are not bias in ur findings pls.
Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by wpadmin: 5:37pm On Feb 05, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
It is true

Private universities students are masters of empty brains.

Many aren't smart when compared to state or federal students

I am talking from experience.

Argue as you like, it wont change the facts

When it comes to education in Nigeria, anything private always devalue the standard.

I blame government for the lack of monitoring of all these mushrooms private universities.

Imagine obasanjo, atiku and adeleke, having a university, what do these people know education

You are either saying this because you graduated from a public school or you have no idea what you are saying.

Have you been to Lagos Business School?

I mean LBS in Lekki.

Do you have a friend that works as a HR... Bros Ask questions.

Employers are tired of low quality graduates that’s why they ask for years of experience.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by Fasindo: 5:41pm On Feb 05, 2021
Vick4rill:
l agree on this one , a 3rd class graduate in public university can easily make 2.1 in private university,,
let be honest with ourselves most private school were exorbitant bills are paid do everything it takes to award good grades to students so as to maintain their customers!! l have taught in a lot of this private schools and l must tell u DAT is not funny!! that reminds me of chima a law graduate from Babcock university who can not differentiate between executive and judicial system of government!!
There is nothing like 'executive or Judicial' system of govt. U should rather say 'arms' of govt.

1 Like

Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by Nobody: 5:41pm On Feb 05, 2021
wpadmin:

You are either saying this because you graduated from a public school or you have no idea what you are saying.

Have you been to Lagos Business School?

I mean LBS in Lekki.

Do you have a friend that works as a HR... Bros Ask questions.

Employers are tired of low quality graduates that’s why they ask for years of experience.

Lbs is exceptional, it is mostly for graduate degrees and certification.

The topic on ground here is private universities who offer undergraduate degrees.
Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by wpadmin: 5:41pm On Feb 05, 2021
[author=LordIsaac post=98766054]UI is better than all you mentioned there.[/quote]

Which UI?

You need to understand that the standards of these schools have fallen.

Come to Arik Air here, all the senior engineers are whites.

Where are all the UI, UNN, FUTO, FUTA graduates?
Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by dollynnn(f): 5:55pm On Feb 05, 2021
Sunshyne200:

I had to start following the poster.
He sounds amazing
Very amazing,I must confess.

1 Like

Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by Sctests: 6:03pm On Feb 05, 2021
If this guy is really a PhD, his doctoral degree and thesis should be scrutinized. I bet it would be full of fraud and plagiarism
Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by Muzee10(m): 6:06pm On Feb 05, 2021
yunqdady:

You taught who and what with this your murderous English? You are a big illiterate and a shame to your university.
3rd class in Public University will never compete with a 2.1 from private university. If you said 2.2, I can agree. And the reason is not far fetched. Public schools frustrates students. Frustration os not learning. All is see with you is suffer head and poverty mentality.
I've attended state, Federal and private universities so I talk from a place of experience. Pray to God to butter your bread so you could stop beefing.

Man! is not that serious na.�‍♀️�
Be calming down abeg�
Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by Emeka71(m): 6:09pm On Feb 05, 2021
CodeTemplar:
NUC is suppose to regulate standard and if I am not mistaken, they are filled with public uni graduates. This man need to realize private schools will continue to perform and expose the flaws of the public ones where possible.
When CU started the dress code thing, they mocked, just this morning, the news of UNIBEN adopting dress code hit the front page. That's what competition can do. Most of the public schools wouldn't upload or digitize their research works before private schools started doing it and featuring in some prominent rankings.
Most are still running a analog transcript system and will only sit up the day they hear that a "glorified secondary school" is giving theirs within 4 hours of application. Let them continue hating on private schools instead of trying to improve.
I want to believe that uniBEN have resumed; I shall be there next week anyway.
Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by theFilmtric: 6:10pm On Feb 05, 2021
Burstit:
because rich kids had every on a platter of gold should not form a myopic view in you. e get so many advantages wey poor kids grew up having.... street experience. But rich kids are always afraid of failure, but if you don't fall, you won't stand. They rich kids have a minute percentage amongst Celebrity. 99.98% of world celebs are made from street. Because ur parents provided all for you na im make you open that ur lazy mouth the spew rubbish.
Fact

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13100155_12155672b3a82013667a414da458b775c4891b42jpegjpegb2ded39ae566cf7feb3e10d5c9af89cd_jpeg_jpeg20d0406d50daada2a7e5957f981bb518

theFilmtricsay
Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by CodeTemplar: 6:10pm On Feb 05, 2021
yunqdady:
You Re also HigherEd. Don't lie
Really?
Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by FA13(m): 6:12pm On Feb 05, 2021
iveonline:
THE ONLY PUBLIC SCHOOL IN NIGERIA WITH HEAD IS UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, AFTER UI, NO OTHER PUBLIC SCHOOL GET LIVER TO SHOW FACE.
OAU way ahead.
Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by Dollanaira: 6:12pm On Feb 05, 2021
Truth
Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by NaijaCover(m): 6:14pm On Feb 05, 2021
Nawa o
Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:22pm On Feb 05, 2021
LordIsaac:

I'm not... I've seen there products: Woke Soyinka, Chinua, et al.
u this stone age man, u need to be dragged into the 21st century.

Wake up man! wake up!

That was in past Boss!

Now listen attentively: In public schools the chorus u will be hearing is

"school na scam
school na scam
Yahoo yahoo is the way
Ashawo na the way (just like that proud lautech
product trending all over the cyberspace)
."
Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by LordIsaac(m): 6:24pm On Feb 05, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:
u this stone age man, u need to be dragged into the 21st century.

Wake up man! wake up!

That was in past Boss!

Now listen attentively: In public schools the chorus u will be hearing is

"school na scam
school na scam
Yahoo yahoo is the way
Ashawo na the way (just like that proud lautech
product trending all over the cyberspace)
."
My dear, many public universites are light years ahead of 80% of the private schools here. You can do a diligent research.
Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by theFilmtric: 6:25pm On Feb 05, 2021
Beverlyjean:

But u will always envy us...whether u like it or not , it cant b in ur blood...u insult the rich just cos u don't have it...y dont u live on the streets all ur life since u are proud of it... its not rich kids fault that ur parents dint mk it...thats how u will b hating on cuppy or obo ...bitter souls ...I can never have anything to do with ur likes ...u guys are very poisonous and forever jealous.... ur upbringing have damaged ur brains
well if you don't know
Most rich kids turn out to be useless
In this life the tougher you are the farther you go
Nobody is hating on you
But I can say this over and over again A graduate from UI will always be a better all-rounder than one from Covenant
The public schools are like Nigeria~they make you tough
An Average Nigerian can succeed anywhere on this planet

This is Jeff bezos when he was still struggling

Quit this your rich kid mentality
Richard Branson
Jack Ma
Jeff bezos
Mark Zuckerberg
Elon Musk
Were all once poor.

theFilmtricsay
Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by LordIsaac(m): 6:25pm On Feb 05, 2021
wpadmin:
[author=LordIsaac post=98766054]UI is better than all you mentioned there.

Which UI?

You need to understand that the standards of these schools have fallen.

Come to Arik Air here, all the senior engineers are whites.
Where are the private school graduates too, if you are putting them at par? Who taught the private school teachers?

Where are all the UI, UNN, FUTO, FUTA graduates?
Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by israelmao(m): 6:28pm On Feb 05, 2021
I don't subscribe to this fallacy of sweeping generalization,there are also empty brains in public universities and we've read and seen about some private universities in Nigeria that are competing and at same time setting pace for some top-rated public universities despite the fact of being in existence for donkey years.
Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by FBIBOT(m): 6:30pm On Feb 05, 2021
But public institutions aren't helping.... So what's the point
Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by Vaughanlanrewaj: 6:31pm On Feb 05, 2021
iveonline:
THE ONLY PUBLIC SCHOOL IN NIGERIA WITH HEAD IS UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, AFTER UI, NO OTHER PUBLIC SCHOOL GET LIVER TO SHOW FACE.

You know that is not true. There is only one university that even you envy. There is only this university with an admission standard most students of other universities, especially privates (with their low bar of entry),won't meet.

That is the University of Lagos (UNILAG).
If you don't have 6 credits at a single sitting , you will not even smell admission. And if you don't have a minimum of credit in Further Maths, you will not be admitted for Engineering and All Maths-bases courses.

The quality of the products of UNILAG speak for itself. And it's no coincidence that 4 out of the 6 governors in the SW which is the intellectual powerhouse of Nigeria, are products of UNILAG.
And at the centre, only UNILAG parades more than one product in the top 4 positions in the land. The team lead who held down Sawyerr who brought down Ebola to Nigeria and paid the ultimate price with her team members is a UNILAG product. It has been more than 5 decades of creating excellence and building Nigeria and humanity by University of Lagos.

If you missed UNILAG because of its high admission criteria, sit for JAMB and WAEC again , score very high, get admitted and thank me later.

If you do not attend UNILAG, you have missed. That is the only university in Nigeria with the strongest national and international brand. UNILAG products are aware of it so they wear it like a badge of honour.
That's why UNILAG is the University of First Choice and the Nation's Pride.

1 Like

Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by PervertProphet: 6:39pm On Feb 05, 2021
HigherEd:
Dr. Lazarus Maigoro,

For over 7 decades that public education started in Nigeria, tell me exactly what the public education system that incubated you with a certificate worth no more than a single roll of toilet paper has benefitted the country?

What game changing patents in manufacturing, banking & finance, telecommunications have you, your students or any of your colleagues with "full brain" provided industry?

If all universities in the US are halted today, the US stock market would crash because their universities are the engines of innovation and supply of high skilled human capital.

If all public universities in Nigeria cease working for one month, the stock market won't even notice. Industry goes unconcerned. This is because you and your colleagues at ASUU actually constitute a burden to both industry and government.

You supply graduates that need retraining after four years of a retrogressive curriculum. Your value is so low priced that you can't generate your own salary through your effort except government gives you money.

The entire founding team of Paystack, PiggyVest, Quidax, ThriveAgric are from Babcock University - can you stand any of them in terms of contribution to national development?

2 Ship loads of KJV Bible for you.

You are so on point.
Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by IamDavid(m): 6:46pm On Feb 05, 2021
A professor said this? I give up!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by Jman06(m): 6:49pm On Feb 05, 2021
HigherEd:
Dr. Lazarus Maigoro,

Dr Maigoro is right in his assertion! Though we all know that public universities in Nigeria still have their shortcomings, but the truth remains that public universities in Nigeria are still far better in terms of quality of graduates than their private counterparts.

The problems with the private universities stem from the fact that their owners are mostly capitalists whose only interests are profit making with little or no interest in how graduates of their institutions affect the society. You know Nigerians are bad with capitalism because they are usually too myopic to think about how their actions affect the general wellbeing of the society. For this reason, it is very important that government monitor the activities of these universities very well to ensure that set standards are adhered to.

If you were in the medical or pharmacy profession perhaps you would understand better. Take a random sampling of medical or pharmacy graduates from the public and private universities, subject them to tests in their professions and you'll see the glaring difference!

People should be able to get good returns in terms of quality of graduates after paying exorbitantly for university education. That is the message the man is passing across and I support him on that.

1 Like

Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by Barbsamiin: 6:52pm On Feb 05, 2021
Babalegba:
In which continent is that. Eight years old ibo and Yoruba kids understand english already so there's no need to use the local language to teach them but teaching standard in the north is abominable.My friend's daughter who was on her nysc service in sokoto phoned in one day while she was on the phone I heard "a for apple,b for cat" in the background so I asked her why they were teaching kindergarten stuff in secondary school and she replied that that was their standard
English abi pidgin? at the end they meet and graduate in the same institution with your children, they get good jobs at federal levels and leave your savvy kids doing yahoo and other criminal acts on the streets.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FUOYE Bans Students From Using Cars On Campus (pics) / 5 Type Of Food That Nigerian Student Eat More / EBSU Senate President Dies In An Auto Crash (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.