Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,933 members, 7,873,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:32 AM

Is It Safe To Clean MAF Sensor With Methylathed Spirit? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is It Safe To Clean MAF Sensor With Methylathed Spirit? (17097 Views)

Nissan Altima MAF Sensor / Caring For Your Car's Maf, And The Fix / Can I Bypass My MAF Sensor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Safe To Clean MAF Sensor With Methylathed Spirit? by SarkinYarki: 11:40am On Sep 18, 2021
Just buy a branded MAF cleaner instead of adulterated Moko oooo that leaves white hazy residue

3 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Clean MAF Sensor With Methylathed Spirit? by Beverages: 11:41am On Sep 18, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Thread wey the op create since February hit FP for September grin. Who said dead bones shall not rise again cheesy

He's deactivated.. Lol grin

Nobody!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Clean MAF Sensor With Methylathed Spirit? by McLizbae: 11:51am On Sep 18, 2021
NipseyHustle:
Hi Car gurus,
Please I'd like know if it's safe to clean a car MAF sensor [/b]using tooth brush, cotton buds and methylathed spirit?[b]

Please advise on how best to clean it. I wouldn't want to make any mistakes.

I'd appreciate any information given.
Thanks.

Pls don't try that o! The electronics in that device are very fragile. Use Maf cleaner, and if you can be very care, use cab cleaner (I have mechanics use cab cleaner on it many times, but they claim it's done with caution)
Re: Is It Safe To Clean MAF Sensor With Methylathed Spirit? by Raymeskey: 11:52am On Sep 18, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Thread wey the op create since February hit FP for September grin. Who said dead bones shall not rise again cheesy
E be like say NL mods are out of thread, they just dey push old threads to Fp the one below this na March dey create am

2 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Clean MAF Sensor With Methylathed Spirit? by fineboynl(m): 12:13pm On Sep 18, 2021
Pressurizes air vocuum cleaner.
Re: Is It Safe To Clean MAF Sensor With Methylathed Spirit? by Solatium(m): 12:17pm On Sep 18, 2021
NipseyHustle:
Hi Car gurus,
Please I'd like know if it's safe to clean a car MAF sensor using tooth brush, cotton buds and methylathed spirit?

Please advise on how best to clean it. I wouldn't want to make any mistakes.

I'd appreciate any information given.
Thanks.

Over the counter carburator and choke cleaner of ₦800 is all you requires.
just spray a little over that tiny metal strip in it and allow to dry
Re: Is It Safe To Clean MAF Sensor With Methylathed Spirit? by AngelicBeing: 12:23pm On Sep 18, 2021
erico2k2:

Never try that if not ur car will ha e covid cough
Hian, lol at covid cough, Covid cough ke, una go kill person with laugh for nairaland.com cheesy
Re: Is It Safe To Clean MAF Sensor With Methylathed Spirit? by Emeka71(m): 12:30pm On Sep 18, 2021
erico2k2:

When you want to start the car.
Re: Is It Safe To Clean MAF Sensor With Methylathed Spirit? by Bigfish121(m): 12:36pm On Sep 18, 2021
What is MAF?
Re: Is It Safe To Clean MAF Sensor With Methylathed Spirit? by phenol33(m): 12:40pm On Sep 18, 2021
jabolo:

These 'MAF Cleaners' are simply re-canned Isopropyl Alcohol, rebranded and sold for more money.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isopropyl_alcohol

If you can get a generic can of Isopropyl Alcohol, you're good to go.
Apparently he can use methylated spirit.
Re: Is It Safe To Clean MAF Sensor With Methylathed Spirit? by TEQ365VENTURES(m): 12:40pm On Sep 18, 2021
Been using this over the years and it has saved me a couple of times. Before changing your MAF sensor try spraying this methylated spirit using an empty spray can. This would do the magic if your sensor is only dirty and throwing up a code. Did the first cleaning when it threw up a code and it lasted me more than 2 years. Just did another cleaning when it threw up a code 2 weeks ago and my car is fine again. My car is Lexus es330

Note: never touch the sensitive part with your hand. Just hold the top and spray.

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Clean MAF Sensor With Methylathed Spirit? by Oweku: 1:03pm On Sep 18, 2021
grin
erico2k2:

Re: Is It Safe To Clean MAF Sensor With Methylathed Spirit? by bjtinz: 1:15pm On Sep 18, 2021
McLizbae:

Pls don't try that o! The electronics in that device are very fragile. Use Maf cleaner, and if you can be very care, use cab cleaner (I have mechanics use cab cleaner on it many times, but they claim it's done with caution)

Scotty (popular on youtube) advices against carb cleaners as they are too harsh.

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Clean MAF Sensor With Methylathed Spirit? by capnies: 2:06pm On Sep 18, 2021
NipseyHustle:

Thanks bro. Please where do you recommend I get 'Isopropyl Alcohol' from? Can I get it from a pharmacy?

ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL IS CALLED IPA IN THE MARKET IT IS A MAJOR CONSTITUENT OF METHYLATED SPIRIT INFACT 90% I WOULD RECOMMEND ORIGINAL MOKO. METHYLATED SPIRIT. PLEASE CHECK THE CONTENT
Re: Is It Safe To Clean MAF Sensor With Methylathed Spirit? by McLizbae: 2:35pm On Sep 18, 2021
bjtinz:

Scotty (popular on youtube) advices against carb cleaners as they are too harsh.

Your right. But it seem every thing that finds itself way into Africa quickly adapt to the African immunity. Like I said earlier, mechanics use carb cleaner, and the Maf don't get damaged. I have asked and the claim they do it with caution.
Re: Is It Safe To Clean MAF Sensor With Methylathed Spirit? by bezimo(m): 4:08pm On Sep 18, 2021
I recently replaced my car MAF by myself..bought the part..checked how to do it on YouTube and replaced it and check engine light disappeared to never appear again. Buy new MAF sensor. That's the best.
Re: Is It Safe To Clean MAF Sensor With Methylathed Spirit? by NipseyHustle(m): 6:09pm On Sep 18, 2021
capnies:

ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL IS CALLED IPA IN THE MARKET IT IS A MAJOR CONSTITUENT OF METHYLATED SPIRIT INFACT 90% I WOULD RECOMMEND ORIGINAL MOKO. METHYLATED SPIRIT. PLEASE CHECK THE CONTENT
Yes, that's what I used. Moko.
Re: Is It Safe To Clean MAF Sensor With Methylathed Spirit? by Ten06(m): 11:18pm On Sep 18, 2021
I cleaned mine with carburetor cleaner and it work very fine

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa / Reasons Why Your Car Shuts Off While Driving / What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.