Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,080 members, 7,949,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 05:32 PM

Adeboye: How Boxing Legend, Muhammad Ali, Made Me Cry - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeboye: How Boxing Legend, Muhammad Ali, Made Me Cry (690 Views)

Mayweather Visits Amaechi, Talks About Plans To Establish Boxing Academy / Muhammad Ali Met Gowon In Nigeria In 1971 (Throwback Video) / Guys Turn Lagos Road Into A Boxing Ring On Election Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeboye: How Boxing Legend, Muhammad Ali, Made Me Cry by agwom(m): 12:16pm On Feb 06, 2021
The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has given an insight into his love for boxing and the legend of the gloves, Muhammad Ali.

Speaking at the virtual February 2021 Holy Ghost Service of the church with the theme: ‘God Bless You (2)’, Adeboye said he once cried over the health status of Ali.

Describing him as his boxing hero, the cleric said at a time, Ali was the undisputed champion of boxing but like all champions, he faded away.

The pastor said God is the only champion who will reign forever.

He said, “It is one thing to be a champion, it is another thing to still be a champion. I will illustrate this by using Mohammad Ali of blessed memory

“He was my hero, incidentally, we were born the same year and I was a boxer too; not of his class but I followed every fight that he fought. At least beginning from Sonny Liston, I can tell you every person that my hero fought.

“But then, one day I saw him when they asked him to light the torch for the Olympics and I saw my hero, the man who used to float like the butterfly and sting like a bee, I watched him shaking like the reed blown by the wind. His hands were shaking and it took a special effort to hold to the torch and I cried that day.”

“The question I am asking is: ‘Is God an ex-champion?’ Glory be to God, the God who is going to bless you is not an ex-champion.”

Ali died in 2016 at the age of 74.

https://dailytrust.com/adeboye-how-boxing-legend-muhammad-ali-made-me-cry
Re: Adeboye: How Boxing Legend, Muhammad Ali, Made Me Cry by Tolexander: 12:19pm On Feb 06, 2021
I’ve always loved this man preaching.

Despite being so busy with church activities and converting souls, he still finds the time to update himself on events in the secular world, not limited to bible and spiritual talk alone. From sport to tech to music, he has the knowledge though may not be very deep. This has made him to be so diplomatic in real life.

When he preaches, he relates whatever is happening in the physical realm and personal experience with the spiritual realm and scripture that one understands whatever he is preaching clearly, no matter where you belong. Though you may disagree with him, but you will get a lot of senses from his talk.

Most of the pastors today do not make sense in their preaching to the religious feeble minds cos they can’t relate the secular world with the spirit and makes their preaching boring and non practicable.

4 Likes

Re: Adeboye: How Boxing Legend, Muhammad Ali, Made Me Cry by HaBaE(m): 12:19pm On Feb 06, 2021
Re: Adeboye: How Boxing Legend, Muhammad Ali, Made Me Cry by tigomolx: 12:20pm On Feb 06, 2021
I'm crying to
Re: Adeboye: How Boxing Legend, Muhammad Ali, Made Me Cry by Hardgun: 12:22pm On Feb 06, 2021
Deep

1 Like

Re: Adeboye: How Boxing Legend, Muhammad Ali, Made Me Cry by Fahdiga(m): 12:22pm On Feb 06, 2021
First time he is not talking about tithe
Re: Adeboye: How Boxing Legend, Muhammad Ali, Made Me Cry by ShackWes(f): 12:22pm On Feb 06, 2021
Ali made you cry but lives lost to fulani Herdsmen that you helped get to Aso Rock doesn't make you cry

abeg spare us all these nonsense this time

no one goes around telling jokes when a war is going on

1 Like

Re: Adeboye: How Boxing Legend, Muhammad Ali, Made Me Cry by sarrki(m): 12:23pm On Feb 06, 2021
Fahdiga:
First time he is not talking about tithe

Like the deranged kanu defrauding Biafra

1 Like

Re: Adeboye: How Boxing Legend, Muhammad Ali, Made Me Cry by sarrki(m): 12:23pm On Feb 06, 2021
ShackWes:
Ali made you cry but lives lost to fulani Herdsmen that you helped get to Aso Rock doesn't make you cry

abeg spare us all these nonsense this time

no one goes around telling jokes when a war is going on

Get over your pains

When buhari is done Akanbi is coming
Re: Adeboye: How Boxing Legend, Muhammad Ali, Made Me Cry by ShackWes(f): 12:26pm On Feb 06, 2021
sarrki:

Get over your pains

ok is that all?

make Akanbi Sha remember say " you can only be king because there are people"

let's see who Akanbi who govern when they kill us all before then

now swerve cos I didn't remember engaging you
Re: Adeboye: How Boxing Legend, Muhammad Ali, Made Me Cry by Fahdiga(m): 12:29pm On Feb 06, 2021
sarrki:

Like the deranged kanu defrauding Biafra
Kanu doesn't threaten people to pay tithe
Re: Adeboye: How Boxing Legend, Muhammad Ali, Made Me Cry by yanabasee1(m): 12:33pm On Feb 06, 2021
sarrki:

Get over your pains

How far?

Where have you been?

We miss your zombism practice.... Abi them don give you small promotion?

From 30k to 40k? Oluwa just picked your call... Paddi mi.....

You fit do your boys valentine giveaway na.... make we for cruise your BMC raba...
Re: Adeboye: How Boxing Legend, Muhammad Ali, Made Me Cry by sarrki(m): 12:36pm On Feb 06, 2021
yanabasee1:

How far?

Where have you been?

We miss your zombism practice.... Abi them don give you small promotion?

From 30k to 40k? Oluwa just picked your call... Paddi mi.....

You fit do your boys valentine giveaway na.... make we for cruise your BMC raba...

grin grin grin

Got promoted to the rank is SA BMC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeboye: How Boxing Legend, Muhammad Ali, Made Me Cry by yanabasee1(m): 12:40pm On Feb 06, 2021
sarrki:

grin grin grin

Got promoted to the rank is SA BMC

E sure for you brother mi.....cool
Re: Adeboye: How Boxing Legend, Muhammad Ali, Made Me Cry by Righteousness2(m): 12:43pm On Feb 06, 2021
Tolexander:
I’ve
Most of the pastors today do not make sense in their preaching to the religious feeble minds cos they can’t relate the secular world with the spirit and makes their preaching boring and non practicable.

That Preaching you term "Boring" is what so millions of People in Hell right now will do anything to Have.

What is needed is not the Gospel that will make I laugh.
What you need is that Word that will Sober, Repent From your sins and Prick u to Repentance.

Better to Go for the Hard Bitter Truth that may make you angry but will move you to Repent than to Comfortable with Pizza and burger Christianity that will land you in Hell.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeboye: How Boxing Legend, Muhammad Ali, Made Me Cry by Tolexander: 12:53pm On Feb 06, 2021
[s]
Righteousness2:

That Preaching you term "Boring" is what so millions of People in Hell right now will do anything to Have.

What is needed is not the Gospel that will make I laugh.
What you need is that Word that will Sober, Repent From your sins and Prick u to Repentance.

Better to Go for the Hard Bitter Truth that will move you to Repent than to Comfortable with Pizza and burger Christianity that will land you in Hell.
[/s]Get away with your thrash
Re: Adeboye: How Boxing Legend, Muhammad Ali, Made Me Cry by butterfly777(m): 12:57pm On Feb 06, 2021
Baba is also human, and he loves sports.

Moreso, he told of the story, not for entertainment, but to illustrate a Bible point.

More anointing sir.

Father Lord, help Pastor Adeboye to fulfill his ministry.
Re: Adeboye: How Boxing Legend, Muhammad Ali, Made Me Cry by IamWonderful: 1:00pm On Feb 06, 2021
Tolexander:
I’ve always loved this man preaching.

Despite being so busy with church activities and converting souls, he still finds the time to update himself on events in the secular world, not limited to bible and spiritual talk alone. From sport to tech to music, he has the knowledge though may not be very deep. This has made him to be so diplomatic in real life.

When he preaches, he relates whatever is happening in the physical realm and personal experience with the spiritual realm and scripture that one understands whatever he is preaching clearly, no matter where you belong. Though you may disagree with him, but you will get a lot of senses from his talk.

Did Christ mix secular with spiritual? did he have to study the world to preach the WORD, I am not condemning my Pastor Adeboye for been conversant and updated, but attacking other pastors that refused to reckon with the world is pure delusional and limited understanding of CHRISTian-dom which should be purely based on CHRIST alone

1 Like

Re: Adeboye: How Boxing Legend, Muhammad Ali, Made Me Cry by Tolexander: 1:03pm On Feb 06, 2021
IamWonderful:
Did Christ mix secular with spiritual? did he have to study the world to preach the WORD, I am not condemning my Pastor Adeboye for been conversant and updated, but attacking other pastors that refused to reckon with the world is pure delusional and limited understanding of CHRISTian-dom which should be purely based on CHRIST alone
Jesus preached in Parables. All the Parables were events happening in heaven?
Re: Adeboye: How Boxing Legend, Muhammad Ali, Made Me Cry by Jazzafizzy(f): 1:08pm On Feb 06, 2021
agwom:
The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has given an insight into his love for boxing and the legend of the gloves, Muhammad Ali.

Speaking at the virtual February 2021 Holy Ghost Service of the church with the theme: ‘God Bless You (2)’, Adeboye said he once cried over the health status of Ali.

Describing him as his boxing hero, the cleric said at a time, Ali was the undisputed champion of boxing but like all champions, he faded away.

The pastor said God is the only champion who will reign forever.

He said, “It is one thing to be a champion, it is another thing to still be a champion. I will illustrate this by using Mohammad Ali of blessed memory

“He was my hero, incidentally, we were born the same year and I was a boxer too; not of his class but I followed every fight that he fought. At least beginning from Sonny Liston, I can tell you every person that my hero fought.

“But then, one day I saw him when they asked him to light the torch for the Olympics and I saw my hero, the man who used to float like the butterfly and sting like a bee, I watched him shaking like the reed blown by the wind. His hands were shaking and it took a special effort to hold to the torch and I cried that day.”

“The question I am asking is: ‘Is God an ex-champion?’ Glory be to God, the God who is going to bless you is not an ex-champion.”

Ali died in 2016 at the age of 74.

https://dailytrust.com/adeboye-how-boxing-legend-muhammad-ali-made-me-cry
Wise preaching from true God's servant
Re: Adeboye: How Boxing Legend, Muhammad Ali, Made Me Cry by IamWonderful: 1:09pm On Feb 06, 2021
Tolexander:
Jesus preached in Parables. All the Parables were events happening in heaven?
Can you read what you wrote again or are sleep writing?.
Re: Adeboye: How Boxing Legend, Muhammad Ali, Made Me Cry by Tolexander: 1:16pm On Feb 06, 2021
IamWonderful:
Can you read what you wrote again or are sleep writing?.
I understand that you lack the comprehensive skill
Re: Adeboye: How Boxing Legend, Muhammad Ali, Made Me Cry by Massiveglory: 1:53pm On Feb 06, 2021
Tolexander:
I understand that you lack the comprehensive skill
Bro, you sound confused

(1) (Reply)

Criticising Zamfara Gov For Granting Amnesty To Bandits Unfair –Lai Mohammed / Sheikh Muyideen Bello Blasts Yoruba Obas After Sunday Igboho Resists Arrest / Nigeria Is Not A Nation, IT'S A SOCIETY OF FOOLISH PEOPLE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.