Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,971 members, 7,973,365 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 02:55 PM

Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales (22582 Views)

Anambra Govt Accuses Newspaper Vendors Of Blackmail / Abuja Newspaper Vendors Protest Over Killing Of Their Colleague By Speaker Aide / Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by Gerrard59(m): 12:06pm On Feb 07, 2021
seguno2:

How do we get information if they go into extinction?
As it is, they are not even providing adequate information, especially historical archives for research and fact-checking.

Other news media especially those without physical assets will cover for their extinctions. They can start by charging for archival information especially dating back to 2000s.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by Ifybwoy7: 1:07pm On Feb 07, 2021
i saw someone with a newspaper and was just thinking about it the other day
Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by themanderon: 2:36pm On Feb 07, 2021
Adapt or perish. Asking the government to limit online news media is Ludacris.
Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by iamL(f): 3:12pm On Feb 07, 2021
Hadley02:
I feel their pain.

Check my profile for James Hadley Chase Novels

U are no different from them. Why parading online selling Novels that are not yours and are free on the internet.
Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by Armor38: 3:38pm On Feb 07, 2021
Its true but we also have free press and this is the age where technology has gone viral.
Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by Hadley02(f): 4:06pm On Feb 07, 2021
iamL:

U are no different from them. Why parading online selling Novels that are not yours and are free on the internet.
ohh,they are yours.Download them then from the internet.Mrs Downloader.Did i force anybody to buy?u can as well look and pass.Thousands will disagree with u..
Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by ultimateprof: 7:05pm On Feb 07, 2021
Its quite unfortunate that the vendor have no vision. I could remember when I was at alaba international market, dealing with CD plates and a time came around 2009 and I saw that technology will cripple the business in years coming, by so doing I abandoned the business and I went in search for job and today I'm doing well and I'm also a graduate now.
Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by princeadeyemi11: 10:54pm On Feb 07, 2021
That is the power of innovation. This is the same way Crypto will eventually make traditional banking systems go into extinction and bankers will start to lament. Innovation is what everyone doesn't like at first but with time we get to adopt it.
Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by cardoctor(m): 7:04am On Feb 08, 2021
Who still buys newspaper these days. Something that became obsolete 20 years ago.
Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by iamL(f): 8:32am On Feb 08, 2021
Hadley02:
ohh,they are yours.Download them then from the internet.Mrs Downloader.Did i force anybody to buy?u can as well look and pass.Thousands will disagree with u..

Truth hurts and bursting someone is the crown of it.
Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by Kingspin(m): 5:58pm On Feb 11, 2021
Who are they blaming? They're online also.
Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by Emyogalanya: 7:56am On Feb 12, 2021
PAWG:
I still buy papers to support the vendors, there’s one particular guy I always patronize whenever I visit Calabar, he’s been selling papers since I was in high school (maybe even earlier).
that must be sports paper of N50
Re: Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales by PAWG(m): 9:10am On Feb 12, 2021
Emyogalanya:
that must be sports paper of N50

Are you trying to be funny or impertinent?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023: No Presidential Aspirant Surpasses Tinubu - Ganduje / Jigawa Governor Badaru, Deputy Booed At Maulud Celebration / Akwa-Ibom Lawyers Drag Buhari To Court Over NDDC Appointment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.