Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,373 members, 7,974,525 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 06:59 AM

What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? (788 Views)

Tithe: Akpororo Blasts Daddy Freeze Again. Has This Question For Him / Questions Begging For Answers In The Quran / Isaiah 4:1, 7 Women Begging A Man To Marry Them - Sets Facebook On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by Ihedinobi3: 12:35pm On Feb 07, 2021
Drabeey:
The question should be, is the Bible obsolete?

The bible had been written for a very long time. My understanding is that the bible contains histories and people's way of life. Dealings with God and God's words. If i am correct...

Don't we need to write another bible?
Many new prophecies are on ground
Many scientific improvements that points to the existence of God.
For the coming generations that may find these histories hard to believe because of the new technology advancement they met.

If the new generation can't write a Bible, why?
Are the new generation of prophets and pastors lower fidel to older ones?

Rev 22:18–19.
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

I am not saying remove or add. I mean write a new one that will preach directly to the Modern bad vices like terrorism and "dirtiness due to holiness", e.t.c

Nigeria may even be included in the bible.
Many archeological newer facts will be included
(like the last pieces of Noah's ark found)
Covid19 plague and so on...

My question, can't the world come together to write a new bible for the modern world sake?
If you say Jesus is coming soon so no need, what if his coming is another 2000 years time?
Do we need a new modern Bible or not?

Updated: Many people saying the Bible is complete and everything to happen has been written...

Will man get to Mars?
Do the bible realise there are many earthlike planets?
What is the Bible perspectives on Brain preservation?

I just want to learn. lipsrsealed

Hi there.

Forgive my saying so, but I don't think you are looking to learn anything. Rather, it seems to me that you have a position that you are trying to sell to the rest of us.

To put it rather bluntly, you are not being truthful when you say, "I am not saying remove or add." Obviously, a new Bible would be a replacement for the old one, would it not? So, we would be removing the old one to add the new one to our experience.

As you obviously know, the Bible already prohibits such a thing.

89 Your word, LORD, is eternal;
it stands firm in the heavens.
Psalms 119:89 (NIV)

The above is what the Bible says. If God's Word is eternal and stands firm in heaven, then it only follows that there is no replacing it.

Is the Bible obsolete? As the above verse says, no, it isn't. Does it account for events today? Yes, it does. Does it mention some of the things in our world today with specificity? No, it doesn't, but it also doesn't mention much from all the ages past with great specificity. The Bible offers eternal teaching that can be applied in every age. It was written to direct the Christian experience throughout human history.

Does it satisfy everyone? Of course not. Nor does it even try to. The Truth is the Truth. Anyone who bows to the Truth is blessed by it. Anyone who insists that the Truth must yield to them will be broken and destroyed by the Truth.

44 Anyone who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; anyone on whom it falls will be crushed.”
Matthew 21:44 (NIV) (compare Jeremiah 23:29)

So, I'm afraid you will have to manufacture your own Bible if you want. You wouldn't be the first. The Jehovah's Witnesses already did. The Mormons did. The Roman Catholics did. Muhammad did. There are so many "words of God" that have been written at all kinds of times to respond to the insufficiency or inadequacy of the Bible. Whether there is any safety in those "truths" will be seen by those who hold to these "improvements."
Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by Image123(m): 12:39pm On Feb 07, 2021
Drabeey:
The question should be, is the Bible obsolete?

The bible had been written for a very long time. My understanding is that the bible contains histories and people's way of life. Dealings with God and God's words. If i am correct...

Don't we need to write another bible?
Many new prophecies are on ground
Many scientific improvements that points to the existence of God.
For the coming generations that may find these histories hard to believe because of the new technology advancement they met.

If the new generation can't write a Bible, why?
Are the new generation of prophets and pastors lower fidel to older ones?

Rev 22:18–19.
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

I am not saying remove or add. I mean write a new one that will preach directly to the Modern bad vices like terrorism and "dirtiness due to holiness", e.t.c

Nigeria may even be included in the bible.
Many archeological newer facts will be included
(like the last pieces of Noah's ark found)
Covid19 plague and so on...

My question, can't the world come together to write a new bible for the modern world sake?
If you say Jesus is coming soon so no need, what if his coming is another 2000 years time?
Do we need a new modern Bible or not?

Updated: Many people saying the Bible is complete and everything to happen has been written...

Will man get to Mars?
Do the bible realise there are many earthlike planets?
What is the Bible perspectives on Brain preservation?

I just want to learn. lipsrsealed

The Bible already contains everything that man needs to walk with God and live with God eternally. Other books can fulfill the purpose of geography, integrated science and programming.
Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by sonmvayina(m): 12:50pm On Feb 07, 2021
Image123:

The Bible already contains everything that man needs to walk with God and live with God eternally. Other books can fulfill the purpose of geography, integrated science and programming.

Not the bible....The Torah of God.

Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by Image123(m): 12:59pm On Feb 07, 2021
LordReed:
A new Bible won't be written nor the current one added to because doing that will ruin the mystique of the Bible. The illusion of divine sanction of the text needs to be perpetuated for it to continue to be effective as an authoritative text for those that believe or else they become unchained from the religion that it is based on. This is why scientific findings are scoffed at because they break the illusion. For instance there is no archeological evidence the Israelites were enslaved in Egypt nor is there any evidence of the 40year Exodus. Stuff like this destroys the mystique so why would they encourage further illusion shattering findings to become integrated into their sacred texts?

There's nothing new under the sun. You're free to write books, there are millions of them written and being written by pastors, believers and unbelievers. All you need to go through from here to God is all in the Bible. If you have fresh news, post it. Remember one of your mentor jokers that vowed to erase Bible. His house was made Bible printing press.
Most scientists, doctors and professors are believers in God, nobody scoffs at science. People laugh at funny theories. We are yet to see any evidence for your great grandfather of just 300years ago, yet it doesn't mean he didn't exist. Nothing destroys the Truth of the Word of God.
Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by Image123(m): 1:05pm On Feb 07, 2021
sonmvayina:

Not the bible....The Torah of God.

What is the Torah? Where can i get it?
Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by sonmvayina(m): 4:16pm On Feb 07, 2021
Image123:

What is the Torah? Where can i get it?

Lol....The torah is Genesis to deuteronomy...they contain the laws of God. Including the 10 most important ones.
Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by Image123(m): 8:29pm On Feb 07, 2021
sonmvayina:

Lol....The torah is Genesis to deuteronomy...they contain the laws of God. Including the 10 most important ones.

So the Torah is found in the Bible right?
Re: What Do You Know About This Question Begging For Answers? by sonmvayina(m): 8:46pm On Feb 07, 2021
Image123:

So the Torah is found in the Bible right?

Yes, it is the basis for everything...anything that does not conform to it , is paganism..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muslim Football Charter: Premier League Clubs Sign Up To 'first Of Its Kind' Cod / CAN Honors Imam For Saving The Lives Of Dozen Of Christians From Radical Muslims / Answers In Genesis — Why Creation Is Important To Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.