Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,572 members, 7,968,637 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 10:40 AM

Those Agitating For Biafra, Oduduwa Republics No Different From Bokoharam - Gumi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Those Agitating For Biafra, Oduduwa Republics No Different From Bokoharam - Gumi (1141 Views)

"We're No Different From Beggars Now." - Women In Northern Nigeria / Those Agitating For Nigeria’s Division Are Dreamers - Former COAS, Buratai / Chad Gives Nigeria April 22 Deadline To Occupy Territories Seized From BokoHaram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Those Agitating For Biafra, Oduduwa Republics No Different From Bokoharam - Gumi by EcoBrick: 7:57am On Feb 07, 2021
https://www.reubenabati.com.ng/index.php/component/k2/item/24682-those-agitating-for-biafra-oduduwa-republics-are-not-different-from-boko-haram-sheikh-gumi/post

Those Agitating for Biafra, Oduduwa Republics Are Not Different From Boko Haram - Sheikh Gumi

Sunday, 07 February 2021 07:47 am

A renowned Islamic scholar, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi, has said those agitating for Biafra and Oduduwa Republics are not different from the Boko Haram sect terrorists.

Gumi stated this in an interview with BBC Pidgin on Saturday while reflecting on the insecurity situation in the country.

The cleric said it would be unfair to claim Nigerians want the country divided because of the activities of some “miscreants” who are only pushing their own different ideologies and interests.

The cleric claimed that majority of Nigerians want a united nation where peace and equity abound.

The Murtala example

He said: “I usually give an example of General Murtala Mohammed, the former head of state from Kano that was assassinated by the Buka Suka Dimka-led group.

“He married a Yoruba wife. So, where do you want his children to go if the nation is divided?

“Are they going to be with the Yorubas or Hausas in the North?

“Look, let’s forget these useless youths. They’re no more different from these herdsmen.

“These people agitating for Ododuwa, Biafra or Arewa are all the same group of people with Boko Haram.

“Majority of Nigerians want to stay with Nigeria. And if they are in doubt, let’s conduct a referendum.

“Look at elections for instance, millions of votes from all the states, whether from APC or PDP.

“This means that Nigerians are ready to stay with a united Nigeria. That is an indirect referendum which shows that the people are ready.

“So, all these youths that are making noise, whether Abubakar Shekau of Boko Haram, Nnamdi Kanu of IPOB and their Ododuwa counterpart, they are just a tiny minority of Nigerians using ethnic, archaic and retrogressive sentiments to destabilise the nation.

“But l can vouch that Nigerians really want to stay together in peace. But in peace and equity. Not any segment of Nigeria is cheated.”

Disgruntled elements

Buttressing his point, Gumi said the fact that Yoruba and Igbo leaders did not endorse such calls for secession showed they are unpopular opinions championed by few disgruntled persons.

“I’m in Sokoto now, there still are many Igbo traders here who don’t want to go back home, so why do you tell me they want Biafra?

“Biafra is a nuisance just like Boko Haram. You think every northerner is a Boko Haram [militant]?

“Most Nigerians don’t want these ethnic or religious groups. They simply want peace and [to] live together as nation.

If truly the Yorubas are agitating for Oduduwa, why are their leaders not talking about it? Why are Igbo leaders also not talking about Biafra?” he queried.

Embers of war

He said it has become imperative for Yoruba and Igbo leaders to prevent such groups from fanning embers of war in their regions.

Gumi said he has already teamed up with some stakeholders in the North to ensure deadly groups such as Boko Haram and Bandits ravaging the region lay down their arms through dialogue and rehabilitation.

“What we expect is for Yoruba leaders and Igbo leaders to take care of their miscreants as we handle herdsmen and Boko Haram which are miscreants in the North. Every leader should take the words to their people. Only the miscreants are fuelling this,” he added.

The cleric also called on the federal government to grant amnesty to bandits across the country just like it did for Niger Delta militants.

He said bandits emerged due to government’s failure to provide for their basic needs.

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Re: Those Agitating For Biafra, Oduduwa Republics No Different From Bokoharam - Gumi by Skyfornia(m): 8:00am On Feb 07, 2021
Yawns
Re: Those Agitating For Biafra, Oduduwa Republics No Different From Bokoharam - Gumi by dokyOloye: 8:01am On Feb 07, 2021
Just like Aisha Yesufu,this Sheikh can't just hide the Islamabad in him.
I wonder how the calls for referendum or outright division equates war.

8 Likes

Re: Those Agitating For Biafra, Oduduwa Republics No Different From Bokoharam - Gumi by MOLOTOVcockTAIL(m): 8:02am On Feb 07, 2021
Bandit spokes man

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Those Agitating For Biafra, Oduduwa Republics No Different From Bokoharam - Gumi by Ayrastarr(f): 8:02am On Feb 07, 2021
Lol.

Lemme book space.

Comments coming in 3,2,1 .....

Re: Those Agitating For Biafra, Oduduwa Republics No Different From Bokoharam - Gumi by Jerryherd: 8:04am On Feb 07, 2021
cool

Yes Biafra agitators and Boko Haram terrorist both want a separate country, which is partly a fundamental right

However calling Biafra Terrorist is a joke taking too far?! Who is being terrorised by the Idiott Kanu through Facebook

The fears of Shiek Gumi on intermarriage and long coexistence doesn't hold water.... Biafra and Boko Haram Republic would still be part of ECOWAS country and visa free countries

1 Like

Re: Those Agitating For Biafra, Oduduwa Republics No Different From Bokoharam - Gumi by PrinceOfLagos: 8:04am On Feb 07, 2021
Shut up you terrorist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Those Agitating For Biafra, Oduduwa Republics No Different From Bokoharam - Gumi by TimT: 8:05am On Feb 07, 2021
Well.. let me make my point in a neutral manner as possible...
I am not residing the the North neither am I in those states where the aforementioned herdsmen are allegedly causing havoc...
But what I seem to believe is that the internet is causing more harm than good on this issue...
The supposed Igbo people who are agitating for the State of Biafra are doing so in their leisure time.. their busy is spent developing other states... almost all spare parts markets in any of the Northern state in Nigeria are occupied by the Igbos.. they are busy cashing out big time there...
Fine, we know that here in Nigeria, we are not religious and tribal tolerant..
nobody likes another tribe yet directly or indirectly we are benefiting from eachother...
The different ethnic groups here in Nigeria is like the proverbial "all fingers are not equal" yet all parts has its importance...
Currently we have three parts that Nigeria wants to divide into.. among those are the Biafrans still "thinks" Niger Delta are among them..
Because of this our "entitlement beliefs" that everything in our village belongs to us, will make even if Biafra is achieved, it will solve nothing...
Someone will think that After the civil war, Igbos will really boost up the economy of their states/region and live there.. But they are everywhere but in the East.. It's a good thing, bcoz Igbo businesses occupy a great source of Lagos VAT.
so we learn to lolerate one another.. Cutting off the head is never a solution to a perpetual headache...
Re: Those Agitating For Biafra, Oduduwa Republics No Different From Bokoharam - Gumi by BosseJ: 8:07am On Feb 07, 2021
“I’m in Sokoto now, there still are many Igbo traders here who don’t want to go back home, so why do you tell me they want Biafra?"

In a way he is right because, upon all the Biafra this, Biafra that, igbo people are still all over Nigeria living peacefully and doing business. If truly they want Biafra, by now all of them would have gone back to igboland to live and do business. It is only Nnamdi Kanu and his keypad warriors that are disturbing the peace.

2 Likes

Re: Those Agitating For Biafra, Oduduwa Republics No Different From Bokoharam - Gumi by Shelumiel: 8:10am On Feb 07, 2021
This man must be on something. How can you desire amnesty for murderers (herdsmen)...did the Niger delta militants go about killing and raping people on their farms? Someone should please divide this country so we can be free from these northern zombies who have no sense at all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Agitating For Biafra, Oduduwa Republics No Different From Bokoharam - Gumi by flamingREED(m): 8:13am On Feb 07, 2021
Many Nigerians...

That's an unfair assumption.
Re: Those Agitating For Biafra, Oduduwa Republics No Different From Bokoharam - Gumi by Yobabad: 8:19am On Feb 07, 2021
We are tired of this Almajiri infested Nigeria, nothing last forever and Nigeria is a thing, it must be broken

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Agitating For Biafra, Oduduwa Republics No Different From Bokoharam - Gumi by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 07, 2021
If u are sure majority of nigerians wants to remain in Nigeria ...

I dare u to conduct a referendum

Kill this agitation once and for all

1 Like

Re: Those Agitating For Biafra, Oduduwa Republics No Different From Bokoharam - Gumi by Yankee101: 8:25am On Feb 07, 2021
When you go to the market to shop but stayed back too long, you begin to look like a thief

1 Like

Re: Those Agitating For Biafra, Oduduwa Republics No Different From Bokoharam - Gumi by Jostoman: 8:26am On Feb 07, 2021
BosseJ:

In a way he is right because, upon all the Biafra this, Biafra that, igbo people are still all over Nigeria living peacefully and doing business. If truly they want Biafra, by now all of them would have gone back to igboland to live and do business. It is only Nnamdi Kanu and his keypad warriors that are disturbing the peace.
let them get the Biafra first and see weather They will come back or not.

2 Likes

Re: Those Agitating For Biafra, Oduduwa Republics No Different From Bokoharam - Gumi by Jostoman: 8:28am On Feb 07, 2021
I can't believed it that somebody can put Boko Haram, Biafra and Oduduwa in the same place because I have never seen a place or video where Biafra and Oduduwa are slaughtering people.

5 Likes

Re: Those Agitating For Biafra, Oduduwa Republics No Different From Bokoharam - Gumi by BosseJ: 8:33am On Feb 07, 2021
Jostoman:
let them get the Biafra first and see weather They will come back or not.

Why must they get Biafra first before returning to Igboland if they are truly serious about Biafra? It is that kind of talk that made the likes of Gumi to think igbos are not serious about Biafra. When some Northerners gave igbos in the North quit notice some years ago, many of them refused to leave there and even called themselves 'Northern igbos'. Personally, I will only take this Biafra agitation serious when most igbos living outside igboland within Nigeria, begin to move back to igboland en-masse. That would send the clearest message to everyone about their seriousness.

1 Like

Re: Those Agitating For Biafra, Oduduwa Republics No Different From Bokoharam - Gumi by Conrod: 8:57am On Feb 07, 2021
BosseJ:

Why must they get Biafra first before returning to Igboland if they are truly serious about Biafra? It is that kind of talk that made the likes of Gumi to think igbos are not serious about Biafra. When some Northerners gave igbos in the North quit notice some years ago, many of them refused to leave there and even called themselves 'Northern igbos'. Personally, I will only take this Biafra agitation serious when most igbos living outside igboland within Nigeria, begin to move back to igboland en-masse. That would send the clearest message to everyone about their seriousness.
You are either childish or very forgetful,when in 1966 they returned enmass ,did you people not sacrifice million to ensure it failed.

2 Likes

Re: Those Agitating For Biafra, Oduduwa Republics No Different From Bokoharam - Gumi by nairalandankrah: 9:13am On Feb 07, 2021
EcoBrick:
https://www.reubenabati.com.ng/index.php/component/k2/item/24682-those-agitating-for-biafra-oduduwa-republics-are-not-different-from-boko-haram-sheikh-gumi/post

Mynd44
Lalasticlala

In order words, keeping Nigeria one is a task that must be enforced no matter how many lives are wasted in the process

1 Like

Re: Those Agitating For Biafra, Oduduwa Republics No Different From Bokoharam - Gumi by BosseJ: 9:18am On Feb 07, 2021
Conrod:
You are either childish or very forgetful,when in 1966 they returned enmass ,did you people not sacrifice million to ensure it failed.

This is not 1966. I don't believe any other region will join the North in any genocidal campaign against igbo people. Infact, I will follow and fight alongside the igbos in such a case. Besides, it would be futile to think the world would look on and just watch over 20-million igbos be slaughtered just like that in this age, simply for wanting their own country.

Unless na nuclear bomb dem wan use achieve that, e no fit ever happen. My point is simple. If truly most igbos are tired of Nigeria, and want Biafra instead, Nigeria cannot stop them if they all speak with one voice, from the politicians, to the masses. But instead what we see are just some few people ranting all over the Internet while the normal everyday igbos we interact with offline are going about their business without disturbing other Nigerians nor causing trouble wherever you find them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Agitating For Biafra, Oduduwa Republics No Different From Bokoharam - Gumi by Biafrawemove: 10:04am On Feb 07, 2021
Says bandit commander
Sheik gumi was once arrested in Saudi Arabia for terrorism he was saved by FG
Do you need to look far to know that these are the sponsors of terrorists in Nigeria
Sheik gumi father once said that Muslim can’t be under Christian
https://www.nairaland.com/406446/another-nigerian-terorist-arrested-saudi
Click on this ,
With evidence
Once southerners agree to root out bandit
Northerners will turn it to north vs south
They gather and issue quick notice to southerners
But they have never meet to sanction of issue quick notice to
Bandit
Boko haram
Fulani militant
Have you ever see any northerner speak against this bandit?

1 Like

Re: Those Agitating For Biafra, Oduduwa Republics No Different From Bokoharam - Gumi by Tranquillity360: 10:13am On Feb 07, 2021
BosseJ:

When these same Igbos left you in 1967,guess those that bring war to them down east .

So stop lying to yourself to feel better,but last last Nigeria must divide.

2 Likes

Re: Those Agitating For Biafra, Oduduwa Republics No Different From Bokoharam - Gumi by Tranquillity360: 10:16am On Feb 07, 2021
BosseJ:

Just like they did in 1967 yet foolish people came to fight them in east.

2 Likes

Re: Those Agitating For Biafra, Oduduwa Republics No Different From Bokoharam - Gumi by StaffofOrayan(m): 10:20am On Feb 07, 2021
Blacks and lack of common sense!
Re: Those Agitating For Biafra, Oduduwa Republics No Different From Bokoharam - Gumi by saaron(m): 10:22am On Feb 07, 2021
Anybody campaigning 'Amnesty' for boko haram and fulani terrorists, just know the person is one of their sponsors and sympathizers.
People like Gumi are the types that will support military onslaught against peaceful unarmed protesters like #EndSars, for exercising their fundamental human rights. But will oppose military operation against terrorist murderers in favor of negotiation (financial reward for murderers) and armnesty.
By the time Nigeria disintegrate, we'll see how they'll go about paying every terrorist group in their country.
Bloody terrorists.

2 Likes

Re: Those Agitating For Biafra, Oduduwa Republics No Different From Bokoharam - Gumi by ENGINEERG(m): 10:23am On Feb 07, 2021
ONE DAY ONE DAY
BIAFRA AND ODUDUWA REPUBLIC WILL BE A REALITY.

1 Like

Re: Those Agitating For Biafra, Oduduwa Republics No Different From Bokoharam - Gumi by Nobody: 10:23am On Feb 07, 2021
Exactly... Sheikh Ahmad Gumi is absolutely right! Those Biafra and Oduduwa agitators are terrorists and the Federal Government should treat them as terrorists!

Like I said before, unless they first kill me, No man born of woman can divide Nigeria. I dare you all bloody terrorists! You see the way I respect and love President Muhammadu Buhari, right? If Buhari should attempt to divide or support anyone whose aim is to divide Nigeria, trust me, I will fight him to the last drop of my blood! Even my father and my mother dare not attack Nigeria in my front. The day they'll try it, I'll disown them.

No man born of woman can divide Nigeria, unless I am dead... So I am warning Biafra and Oduduwa agitators to be careful! I'll personally arrest any miscreant and deal with them in my own way if the government fails to deal with them.

Nigeria lives as long as I live...
Long live, Nigeria!
God bless Nigeria!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Those Agitating For Biafra, Oduduwa Republics No Different From Bokoharam - Gumi by ShackWes(f): 10:31am On Feb 07, 2021
the guy above me and Gumi are both mad

1 Like

Re: Those Agitating For Biafra, Oduduwa Republics No Different From Bokoharam - Gumi by AdolfAboki(m): 10:38am On Feb 07, 2021
SilverNorGold:
Exactly... Sheikh Ahmad Gumi is absolutely right! Those Biafra and Oduduwa agitators are terrorists and the Federal Government should treat them as terrorists!

Like I said before, unless they first kill me, No man born of woman can divide Nigeria. I dare you all bloody terrorists! You see the way I respect and love President Muhammadu Buhari, right? If Buhari should attempt to divide or support anyone whose aim is to divide Nigeria, trust me, I will fight him to the last drop of my blood! Even my father and my mother dare not attack Nigeria in my front. The day they'll try it, I'll disown them.

No man born of woman can divide Nigeria, unless I am dead... So I am warning Biafra and Oduduwa agitators to be careful! I'll personally arrest any miscreant and deal with them in my own way if the government fails to deal with them.

Long live, Nigeria!
God bless Nigeria!

Well said, Comrade!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Those Agitating For Biafra, Oduduwa Republics No Different From Bokoharam - Gumi by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:40am On Feb 07, 2021
EcoBrick:

He said: “I usually give an example of General Murtala Mohammed, the former head of state from Kano that was assassinated by the Buka Suka Dimka-led group.

“He married a Yoruba wife. So, where do you want his children to go if the nation is divided?

So Gumi, Nigerians wey marry non Nigerians, wetin do them

Them don die

How can someone be reasoning like this in this 21st century

2 Likes

Re: Those Agitating For Biafra, Oduduwa Republics No Different From Bokoharam - Gumi by AdolfAboki(m): 10:40am On Feb 07, 2021
ShackWes:
the guy above me and Gumi are both mad

An enemy of Nigeria spotted!

Comrade SilverNorGold has spoken nothing but the truth! You'll have to kill me too to divide Nigeria. I am with Silver on this!

Long live Nigeria!
God bless all patriotic Nigerians!
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria!

saaron:
Loads of Rubbish.

Another enemy of Nigeria spotted!

Comrade SilverNorGold has spoken nothing but the truth! You'll have to kill me too to divide Nigeria. I am with Silver on this!

Long live Nigeria!
God bless all patriotic Nigerians!
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Those Agitating For Biafra, Oduduwa Republics No Different From Bokoharam - Gumi by saaron(m): 10:41am On Feb 07, 2021
SilverNorGold:

Long live, Nigeria!
God bless Nigeria!
Loads of Rubbish.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

28 Year Old 1st Class Bsc Holder Promoted As Director In Kaduna Agency: Photo / BREAKING: Robbers Invade Aso Villa, Cart Away Money / Nigeria's Chief Of Army Staff, Attahiru And Others Die In Plane Crash In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.