Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,232 members, 7,934,025 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 04:29 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (980055 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by eemjay17(m): 10:45pm On May 30, 2012
i will also love to av d report pls!! Tnx in anticipation @gmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by laposta: 3:47pm On Jun 01, 2012
@ fnk,

Kindly send me the document. My email is femmiedot@yahoo.com

Thanks and God bless...
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Leventis(m): 4:08pm On Jun 01, 2012
Bravo! I admire ur idea frnd, i intend to start snail breedin myself, pls feel free to communicate wit me if u hav any idea on snail farmin thnkx, unickdavill@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by USAMarshal: 6:09pm On Jun 01, 2012
farming
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 2:34am On Jun 03, 2012
Here you go guys, Please let me know. @ U.SMashal, make sure you are ready for any eventuality before heading down yonder. I hope to be there some time in August.

Take care guys.

Franklin
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by biddybee: 6:48pm On Jun 05, 2012
Dear friends,
My birds have been laying since first week in March but up till now I have about 55% laying & many of the eggs are not big enough. Please advice me.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by VULCAN(m): 4:23pm On Jun 06, 2012
@fnk,pls ignore the initial email I gave. It has issues. That's why I gave u this new one:

dondada@mailinator.com

Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 8:28pm On Jun 06, 2012
@VULCAN, check you junk mail, I just email it again, Just now. let me know.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Tayeni(m): 3:54pm On Jun 09, 2012
@fnk.thanks for sending d doc to me the other time. But for some strange reason
,my system could not open it. I will appreciate it if you could resend to
Would like to go into this biz after my service year. But now, I am trying to pick as many
Brains as I can. Any extra info or referals will be appreciated.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 4:43pm On Jun 10, 2012
@Tayeni, I just sent it again, hope you can open it this time.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by TollyD: 1:19am On Jun 12, 2012
biddybee: Dear friends,
My birds have been laying since first week in March but up till now I have about 55% laying & many of the eggs are not big enough. Please advice me.

biddybee, For a good laying cycle, A bird must weigh at least 1.5kg at the start of lay. So check the weight of your birds. Try also to identify those birds that are not laying. There also routine maintenance for laying birds. i.e Lasota - every 6 weeks, De-worm - every 12 weeks, Antibiotics every 6 weeks. I will advise you de-worm the birds if you have not done so. Also try and increase the quantity of feeds. Good luck.

4 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 9:35pm On Jun 21, 2012
NCS Raises Alarm on Smuggling of Poultry Products (June 15 2012)

NIGERIA - The Ogun state Command of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) has raised alarm on the increase in the smuggling of frozen poultry products into the country.
According to Daily Trust, the NCS Area Controller, Deputy Comptroller Bamidele Akande who made these disclosure at a news conference in Abeokuta, said despite the upsurge in smuggling of the poultry products, the Command is still making progress in intercepting them before getting into the country.

According to Mr Akande "we are have been recording huge successes, specially on interdiction of frozen poultry products which have been the new smuggling attraction. There is on gain-saying the fact of the health hazards inherent in the consumption of imported frozen poultry products which had compelled the Federal Government to prohibit its importation into Nigeria," he said.

The Area Controller hinted that it is in the light of the development that the Command seized and destroyed by burning 985 cartons of the products in the last two weeks.

Mr Akande who put the value of the burnt products at N4,432,500.00, told Daily Trust that the high rate of the smuggling may not be unconnected to the relative low price of the product in the neighbouring country, where it is being smuggled into the country.

Also, the Command in its course of performing her anti-smuggling roles had seized about 1102kg narcotics (CANNABIS sativa) in the last two weeks.

On the seized illicit drug, the Customs boss said the 1102kg seized was valued at N7,714,000.00, which was intercepted in three batches of 53 sacks of 10kg, 10 sacks of 10kg and one sack of 17kg.

The Ogun State commandant of the National Drug Law and Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), Muhammed Muhammed who recieved the drug described the seizure as landmark, even as he appealed to the state government to partner the agency in ensuring that the drugs did not found its way into the consumers.

ThePoultrySite News Desk
http://www.thepoultrysite.com/poultrynews/26011/ncs-raises-alarm-on-smuggling-of-poultry-products
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by faluchi: 10:50pm On Jun 25, 2012
fnk: @Bb life, I thought I have sent the docs to you as I have done to everyone that have asked. I have just emailed it to you now, please confirm.
How could you have offended me, I wish everyone the best of luck, including you my friend.
please frank send to me too. donfaluchi@yahoo.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by faluchi: 11:12pm On Jun 25, 2012
please frank i need the document...donfaluchi@yahoo.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Jidemaks(m): 6:06am On Jun 26, 2012
@Fnk, Thanks for sharing useful information with us. please send a copy of the document to me via 'jidemaks@yahoo.com'
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidobire(m): 10:27am On Jun 26, 2012
Frank thanks for sharing your personal experiences with in this forum. I will also need the info and other relevant info that could be of assistance in this business. My email addy is davidobire@yahoo.com. Thanks once again. Cheers.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 10:13pm On Jun 26, 2012
Done. good luck
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by emiaby(m): 4:32pm On Jun 27, 2012
fnk: Done. good luck

Pls, wwould be glad if you can send me the documents. biodunomo2001 at yahoo.co.uk.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 6:48pm On Jun 27, 2012
@emiaby, check your email, sent
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by paxnka: 8:05am On Jun 29, 2012
@fnk thanks for the good work. I wil also need the document. Send to paxnka727@gmail.com. I wil like to whether 250k wil be ok for this biz.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by 2baga(m): 11:51am On Jun 29, 2012
kollydeb: @fnk,pls send the docs kolade_kehinde@yahoo.ca. thanks.

@ fnk, pls I'dlove to av the info pls send it to makemore247@gmail.com thx
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by 2baga(m): 12:01pm On Jun 29, 2012
eginMark: I want to set up a small scale poultry, snail farm like the one Hindsight is building
in Ondo town ondo state.I need someone with knowledge to take charge of the project.
send me a private email please.
eginmark@hotmail.com

@ eginmark Egin le o, omo l'ogun,
pls how faravyou gone with yr snail rearing, I intend to start very soon but need mentors to help show the way, any word of advice?
makemore247@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by 2baga(m): 1:57pm On Jun 29, 2012
fnk: @brendan and the rest, I have emailed you guys the docs. @ brendan, take your time and go through this tread, from page 1 to 13, you will see post from people with a lot of experience, I am not an expert in this field, just have great love for it. When I ran my research in Lagos, I went through some not so conventional system just to prove that the V-mix works, i.e; I didn't clear the coop for 3 weeks, leave it to get wet and the water holders were pretty dirty, the water was messy looking which will be a breading room for Ecoli and other virus that can kill the birds. But because of the V-mix, virus or bacteria could not grow or even survive in those environment, It didn't matter how bad the water was or the coop, the birds was health and thrived.

There are books you can buy and they will give you more info on when to change the water, clean out the coop etc. And tell you the truth, a lot of this processes are common sense and your love for what you are doing.

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks guys.

pleaseI really really need the info, makemore247@gmail.com. you are a life saver (literally)
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by dydx5252: 3:07pm On Jun 29, 2012
Poultry farming is Good but fish farming is a more lucrative business . If You are fish farmer in the house or you interested in it and want to make a fortune out of it all you need, is a product. For details email ayodleke@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 10:03pm On Jun 30, 2012
Sent guys, good luck
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by wolllexxx: 7:53am On Jul 09, 2012
It would seem we have succeeded in chasing away other meaningful contributors to this thread. I'm equally guilty of looking for a shortcut by asking for results of an experiment many might likely not practice. Common guys, this thread had more life in it until everyone started asking for expo.
Since 30 june to now, no comment? Haba.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by okeykanu: 8:42am On Jul 09, 2012
Hi fnk. I would appreciate a copy of your info/report emailed to me at okeykanu@yahoo.com. Thanks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by RURIE: 2:07pm On Jul 09, 2012
Broiler Chicken Feed
Things You’ll Need:
• 250 pounds cracked corn
• 150 pounds ground roasted soybeans
• 25 pounds rolled oats
• 25 pounds alfalfa meal
• 25 pounds fish or bone meal
• 10lbs aragonite (calcium powder)
• 15 pounds poultry nutri-balancer
• Large container big enough to hold 500 pounds dry mix
• Small shovel for mixing
Step 1
You should measure all your ingredients ahead of time. Measure out the amount needed of each grain and set aside. Get your container ready. It’s not necessary but it is a good idea if your container or tub has a lid to protect from mice.
Step 2
Start by pouring your corn and soybeans into your tub. With your hands mix them together well. There should be close to a 50/50 mix when you scoop a handful out.
Step 3
Next, mix your oats, alfalfa, and fish meal into your base mix. This is where you might need your small shovel to reach the bottom of the container.
Step 4
Finally mix in your aragonite and poultry nutri-balancer. Continue to mix until all ingredients are mixed evenly throughout.
Step 5
Feed this mix in place of your regular chicken feed. Feed at the rate of 3 pounds for every five birds per day
Julia, I hope this has been of some help.
Best of luck with your chickens.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by adebaxton(m): 6:32pm On Jul 09, 2012
So interesting...
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by leke76: 10:12pm On Jul 09, 2012
pls is anybody in poultry farming in abuja shoud pls contact me

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.