Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,079 members, 7,890,571 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 04:09 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (974642 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by noeloge82(m): 7:29am On Dec 27, 2015
With Age of ur birds just stick to Hybrid and give ur birds Promin for improved health and that will also help the Egg size if u keep forcing increase size of egg at this their young age it will lead to tear and that will adversly crash ur production target but if u give them promin within the next 1 month their will be gradual size increase which will pay u in the long run
Goodluck to U

abidecz:
Which of the layers feed is the best for layers top feed or hybrid I want my egg to be bigger
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by abidecz: 7:30am On Dec 27, 2015
@eggcelent boss morning pls boss which of the feed is good for layers that will gv good result and how can I increase the size of my layers eggs
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by abidecz: 7:51am On Dec 27, 2015
noeloge82:
With Age of ur birds just stick to Hybrid and give ur birds Promin for improved health and that will also help the Egg size if u keep forcing increase size of egg at this their young age it will lead to tear and that will adversly crash ur production target but if u give them promin within the next 1 month their will be gradual size increase which will pay u in the long run
Goodluck to U. Thanks boss how long will I be giving them promin boss

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by farmgate: 8:54am On Dec 27, 2015
jamp:
this is prolapse. It happens mainly when birds come into lay so early without full maturity(low body weight). That is why it is not good to force birds to lay early .What you saw is the rupturing of the oviduct which causes other birds to peck on it. Just isolate the particular bird.also check the quality of the debeaking

Thanks my birds are 1 year old and being laying since 6 months ago. They started late
beside the blood is at the side of the vent this is not prolapse
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nbg4real: 9:20am On Dec 27, 2015
morning all! pls what drugs do you use in brooding new layers. i use vitamins, glucose, antistress and antibiotics. but someone advised me not to use antibiotics unless i noticed any sickness pls house i need your contributions. thank you
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by faridpac2: 9:24am On Dec 27, 2015
kengeorge:

Feed for broiler is very subjective, but I will just give an Ideal moderate formula

Broiler Starter

Maize 580kg

Soy Meal 290kg

Full fat 30kg

Fish Meal 10kg

Wheat Offal 25kg

lime stone 27kg

Bone meal 25kg

Methionine 2kg

lysin 2kg

premix 2.5kg

Salt 2.5kg

Toxin binder 1kg

thanks
PLEASE MY FRIEND WHERE CAN I GET FISH MEAL,BONE MEAL AND DOES SOYA BEANS WILL I GRIND IT? THANK U

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by noeloge82(m): 9:39am On Dec 27, 2015
Give for 7 days then repeat after 2wks

[quote author=abidecz post=41378307][/quote]
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 11:03am On Dec 27, 2015
farmgate:

Thanks my birds are 1 year old and being laying since 6 months ago. They started late
beside the blood is at the side of the vent this is not prolapse

If the wound is by the side then its not prolaspe....that is cannibalism caused by pecking. Please check the beak of your birds.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 11:07am On Dec 27, 2015
Happy christmas bro. Animal care prices are ok here. Maybe you should ask them for discount cos I believe they buy d same price from company.
Eggcelent:
Oga jamp. How is your end? It has been a while. AnimalCare is really doing you guys good there. The Growfast is a little over 2k here. Merry Christmas Bro
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by farmgate: 11:22am On Dec 27, 2015
jamp:

If the wound is by the side then its not prolaspe....that is cannibalism caused by pecking. Please check the beak of your birds.

Yeah thanks it cannibalism. I dedicated my time this morning watching and monitoring I found 2 of the bird pecking and picking the feather beside the vent to eat have isolate the culprit. Thanks Jamp I really appreciate your time and reply
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nbg4real: 1:04pm On Dec 27, 2015
pls house i'm waiting for your response @ jamp what abt u
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 1:05pm On Dec 27, 2015
Nbg4real. I believe you are not a first-time farmer. Therefore, my advise will be that you follow the brooding/treatment schedule that HSS worked for you previously. Better still, follow the schedule issued by the hatchery from which you got the birds. abidecz & grade1. I don't know if there is any "best" feed which makes laying birds produce bigger eggs. However, you may wish to note the following; the weightier a bird is at commencement of laying, the bigger the eggs produced will be; 2. the older a bird gets, the bigger its eggs become; 3. healthy birds lay bigger eggs; 4. birds need 16 hours daylight for maximum output. jamp. I believe AnimalCare is only subsidizing its feeds at your end just to penetrate the market. The pricing may change sometimes soon. Success All.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Ishowdelkonsult(m): 2:58pm On Dec 27, 2015
Nbg4real:
morning all! pls what drugs do you use in brooding new layers. i use vitamins, glucose, antistress and antibiotics. but someone advised me not to use antibiotics unless i noticed any sickness pls house i need your contributions. thank you

I will advise you to follow the document given to you.I think it's better you use antibiotics and not follow the advice.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 3:08pm On Dec 27, 2015
Nbg4real:

my dear you are on track. Just give them MV,glucose n mild antibiotics for one week 0-7days then you can continue with MV.

@eggcelent i reject any increase ijn amen.thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Mykeolinks: 7:00pm On Dec 27, 2015
Mykeolinks:
It's been awesome following this thread all along, thanks guys for the priceless info I've gotten here... I actually did an experiment on broilers and it was an eye opener although not profitable... I wasn't expecting it to be though cos I lost over 50% of them and then sold the remaining one this Xmas period.... So the next thing I intend doing is going into egg production so I'd be hoping to continue to get more info from this thread as time goes on... My first need that I have right now is the list of vaccines and date I'd need to administer to my layers from DOC to pol... I intend stocking 540 birds... Thanks in anticipation
please o oga eggcelent and Co I'm waiting for your responses o... Help
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 7:46pm On Dec 27, 2015
Oga Mykeolinks. I read your request the first time. However, I didn't make any input then cos I considered your question ambiguous. And I still do. The reason for this is that vaccines requirements differ from one hatchery to another. Therefore, my piece of advice will be that you get your DOCs directly from a reputable hatchery where you will be given the vaccination schedule on demand. Meanwhile, you may consider starting with 200 DOCs for a test-run. Success
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Bishiie(m): 8:48pm On Dec 27, 2015
Please how do you answer this interview question 'As a scientist, how can you add value to poultry (broiler and layers) business?'
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Obcglobal(m): 11:07pm On Dec 27, 2015
Please how much is a tone of maize now and who can supply me in ekiti state, Ado precisely?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ajigiteri(m): 8:35am On Dec 28, 2015
Pls can u give me your number asap u are the one have been searching for. Pls reach me on 08067093971 asap pls.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nbg4real: 8:48am On Dec 28, 2015
morning all! thanx for your contributions. Another issue is that i'v been using kerosene stoves but the farm attendants are very careless sometimes they don't operate thr stoves properly as the result it will generate smoke insidr the brooder. I want to change to gas stoves (those that the heat source is on top of the cylinder) i. e boyh the cylinder and the heat source should be inside the brooder. the problem is that i don't know whether the higher temperatures inside can make the gas to explore pls educate me on ds aspect
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Ishowdelkonsult(m): 3:52pm On Dec 28, 2015
Bishiie:
Please how do you answer this interview question 'As a scientist, how can you add value to poultry (broiler and layers) business?'

In two aspects, Adding value is of two types either at production level or at product marketing level,

At production level,

1.)Layers; by making sure the layers lay effectively by monitoring the feed production, feed distribution,vaccination schedule, medication etc.

2.)Broilers; by making sure they convert the feed given to meat through adequate attention to details.

At product marketing level,

3.)Layers; by packaging the egg into sizeable packs, correct sorting, aggressive marketing of eggs using promo

4.)Broilers, by killing the broiler; adding primary, secondary and tertiary packaging etc
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Ishowdelkonsult(m): 3:55pm On Dec 28, 2015
Obcglobal:
Please how much is a tone of maize now and who can supply me in ekiti state, Ado precisely?

1kg of maize is 65naira

1tonne will be 65,000 naira

I can supply you anywhere in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Ishowdelkonsult(m): 3:58pm On Dec 28, 2015
Nbg4real:
morning all! thanx for your contributions. Another issue is that i'v been using kerosene stoves but the farm attendants are very careless sometimes they don't operate thr stoves properly as the result it will generate smoke insidr the brooder. I want to change to gas stoves (those that the heat source is on top of the cylinder) i. e boyh the cylinder and the heat source should be inside the brooder. the problem is that i don't know whether the higher temperatures inside can make the gas to explore pls educate me on ds aspect

Brother, why not switch to coal.

Just buy coal pots and use charcoal.. By the time you enter the brooding pen and you are not comfortable standing there, even the birds are not comfortable.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 4:00pm On Dec 28, 2015
Nbg4real, Its not advisable to use both the cylinder and the burner inside the brooding house since you said the farm attendants are careless. You can try charcoal pot, its cheaper and safer than gas stove. You can use the charcoal pot early in the morning and late in the evening while the kerosene stove can serve during the day(for easy monitoring).
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Bishiie(m): 4:11pm On Dec 28, 2015
Ishowdelkonsult:

4.)Broilers, by killing the broiler; adding primary, secondary and tertiary packaging etc
Please explain. Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Mykeolinks: 4:42pm On Dec 28, 2015
Eggcelent:
Oga Mykeolinks. I read your request the first time. However, I didn't make any input then cos I considered your question ambiguous. And I still do. The reason for this is that vaccines requirements differ from one hatchery to another. Therefore, my piece of advice will be that you get your DOCs directly from a reputable hatchery where you will be given the vaccination schedule on demand. Meanwhile, you may consider starting with 200 DOCs for a test-run. Success
Oga eggcelent thank you sir
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Ishowdelkonsult(m): 5:12pm On Dec 28, 2015
Bishiie:
[/color] Please explain. Thanks

By primary packaging,i mean usage of some certain type of polythene that wont allow spoilage of the meat for certain period, secondary; usage of smaller carton that sell your company name to world. Tertiary; usage of Bigger carton to pack them for easy carrying.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by abbeyforex(m): 9:16am On Dec 29, 2015
Obcglobal:

PM me.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by abidecz: 10:02am On Dec 29, 2015
My ogas I saw this in my pen what can I gv all the birds Na only one get am

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Ishowdelkonsult(m): 10:07am On Dec 29, 2015
abidecz:
My ogas I saw this in my pen what can I gv all the birds Na only one get am

Isolate this for now.. Try examining it
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by abidecz: 12:17pm On Dec 29, 2015
Ishowdelkonsult:

Isolate this for now.. Try examining it
what can I gv am
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Ishowdelkonsult(m): 2:00pm On Dec 29, 2015
abidecz:
what can I gv am

I don't know cos I didnt see it..

Just isolate it from others and treat the wound.

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.