Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,964 members, 7,890,178 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 10:30 AM

Umuchukwu Is Designed To Be A Medical City In Nigeria: Dr. Godwin Maduka(Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umuchukwu Is Designed To Be A Medical City In Nigeria: Dr. Godwin Maduka(Photos) (1338 Views)

Orumba Group In Enugu Endorses Maduka (Photos) / Arthur Eze Recieves Dr. Godwin Maduka In Abuja Mansion / Ondo State Govt Partners With German Firm To Build $1.1billion Medical City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umuchukwu Is Designed To Be A Medical City In Nigeria: Dr. Godwin Maduka(Photos) by Tkoy(m): 1:32am On Feb 11, 2021
UMUCHUKWU IS DESIGNED TO BE A MEDICAL CITY, AND WE SHALL ALSO ESTABLISH HEALTH EMERGENCY CENTERS IN EACH LGA ~ Dr Maduka

By Tony Ezike
DG Anambra State PDP New Media

The Umuchukwu born medical expert and a promising PDP Gubernatorial Aspirant Dr Godwin Maduka (Okosisi Orumba) has continued making inroads in his consultations as he interfaced with Youth Leaders from the 21 council areas of the state at the party secretariat Awka today.

Dr Maduka who was ably represented by Mr Tochukwu Iloh expressed his intention to make his hometown Umuchukwu a Medical City where people from all parts of the world would be coming for all sorts of medical services which is so far only accessible overseas where similar facilities are located.

The team that represented Dr Maduka was made up of the following grassroots and diaspora coordinators of his campaign organization:

1. Rev. Dr Charles Okereke
2. Mr Ndubisi Obu okezie
3. Hon Chuddy Brass Dickson
4. Dim Joy
5. Mr Tochukwu Iloh
6. Mr Emeka Emelibe
7. Hon Nonso Udenka

Virtually all the team members had one thing or the other to say about Okosisi Orumba while the greater part of the presentation was made by Emeka Iloh with power point presentation on a projector. The presentation covered both the achievements and prospects of Dr Godwin Maduka with pictorial illustration of each completed project numbering over one hundred on the whole.

Among the multiple projects that have been completed and furnished was St Jude's Catholic Church and St Jude's Catholic Priest's Quarters Umuchukwu which Dr Maduka also built and furnished despite the fact that he is a member of the Anglican Church. He completed the Roman Catholic projects before building the Anglican Church Vicarage ~ a rare character in my opinion.

Far away from home, according to Mr Iloh, Dr Maduka has established 6 different International Hospital's in different locations of Nevada USA which he has been coordinating the affairs until recently when he trained and appointed another young man from Anambra State the Medical Director to enable him find time to offer desired services to Ndi Anambra.

The most important thing was that since he was able to achieve all these on twice a year visit to the country, settling down here is likely to translate to a harvest of projects. These and more are the reasons other political parties that have nothing to campaign with are now ganging up against PDP aspirants out of jealousy, but I'm glad that PDP Youth Leaders across the 21 LGAs have issued a stern warning earlier today, against possible reoccurrence.

The State Youth Leader of the party and host who was overwhelmed by the contents of the presentation commended the team and assured them that in as much as the forthcoming gubernatorial election is a must win for PDP, the youth leaders are of the opinion that whoever they're going to support must be thoroughly scrutinized to ensure that he or she is not contesting to enrich him or herself with the state resources, rather than working to advance the course of our democracy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umuchukwu Is Designed To Be A Medical City In Nigeria: Dr. Godwin Maduka(Photos) by SamgoldBaba: 5:35am On Feb 11, 2021
cool shocked
Re: Umuchukwu Is Designed To Be A Medical City In Nigeria: Dr. Godwin Maduka(Photos) by Nigeriadondie1: 12:02pm On Feb 11, 2021
Most philanthropist don’t make good politicians. Remember Rochas, he was a colossal failure.
Philanthropy and politics are quite different. In as much as he is to be commended for bringing medical facilities back home, I was disappointed when the man said if it is true that he would build a university in each local government.
If he said vocational and skill acquisition centers in each LG that is far better so as to improve the skill base of the youths in Anambra.
I am yet to see his manifesto for the state.
Re: Umuchukwu Is Designed To Be A Medical City In Nigeria: Dr. Godwin Maduka(Photos) by Cjrane2: 1:34pm On Feb 11, 2021
There is a reason Nigerians go to Germany or India for medical tourism. Most of the equipment needed are not available here in Nigerian teaching hospitals.

One would think the first things to install at Umuchukwu are the advanced medical equipment like CT Scan, Radiotherpy machines to treat cancers, advanced machines for heart surgeries and other highly specialized medical equipment's not found in typical Nigerian teaching hospitals.

Then they will go into partnership with teaching hospitals to send confirmed patients who have need for these High-end medical equipment to Umuchukwu for further tests and treatment.

Creating a hospital that does the same thing as every community health center in Nigeria treating malaria and typhoid fever and expecting it to curb medical tourism in Nigeria is mere wishful thinking.

1 Like

Re: Umuchukwu Is Designed To Be A Medical City In Nigeria: Dr. Godwin Maduka(Photos) by Rugaria: 1:41pm On Feb 11, 2021
Nigeriadondie1:
Most philanthropist don’t make good politicians. Remember Rochas, he was a colossal failure.
Philanthropy and politics are quite different. In as much as he is to be commended for bringing medical facilities back home, I was disappointed when the man said if it is true that he would build a university in each local government.
If he said vocational and skill acquisition centers in each LG that is far better so as to improve the skill base of the youths in Anambra.
I am yet to see his manifesto for the state.

Philanthropists are not all the same.. Same for 'non philanthropists'..
It's very unfair to suggest he's going to be a bad leader simply because he is a philanthropist.. Rochas is a different ball game altogether.. He was doing good until APC used the fake promise of helping him lead Nigeria at some point to destract him..
And the university on every street, I think he has clarified that.. I think people are just latching on anything to discredit the man because he comes with no negative baggage....
That said, this is Anambra we are talking about... Not sure he will win. Every billionaire in Anambra wants to be the governor and he doesn't come across as the type willing to do the roforofo needed to win.. so..
Re: Umuchukwu Is Designed To Be A Medical City In Nigeria: Dr. Godwin Maduka(Photos) by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 11, 2021
Mmmmm

I like his eyes,they look so promising yet so deceitful.

Philanthropism is quite different from politics.

In politics,
You do the other one to get power. Then you do the power to get the other one by force.

What do I know.

(1) (Reply)

That PIB Law Is Very Insulting To The Oil Producing Region / Buhari & Tinubu What Meaning Can You Derive From This Picture / Imo Visit: See How President Buhari Wore His Face Mask

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.