Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,767 members, 7,875,927 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:27 AM

What Advice Have You For President Yar'adua? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Advice Have You For President Yar'adua? (895 Views)

President Yar'adua - 3 Years Remembrance / Is President Yar'adua Dead? / President Yar'adua Is Dull? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Advice Have You For President Yar'adua? by McDoe(m): 9:05am On Jul 05, 2007
Let me set the ball rolling with this:

The first thing President Yar'Adua should do as a national leader would be to forget that he's a leader and to think of himself as one of the rank and file of the people. Thus he should purge his mind of all vain thoughts and fill it with pure thoughts of service to his fellow-countrymen. That is to say, he should be a leader to serve the people in all humility to the best of his ability and not to lord it over them as their master and tyrant.

Generally a leader demands of his people implicit obedience to his will. But he should be a leader with a difference. He should not enslave his followers and enforce their blind obedience to him . He should partly lead and partly follow his co-citizens.

Very often, a leader imposes his whims upon his followers and makes them the instrument for the realization of his own ambition. But I think Yar'Adua would not do so. He should try to be an embodiment of the cherished and deep-seated ambitions and aspirations of the masses

It should always be his endeavor to uplift the suffering masses to his own level of culture and competency. He should continue as a leader only as long as the people wanted him; and he should readily vacate the place of honour as soon as he heard the smallest whisper of discontent among the Nigerian people.
Re: What Advice Have You For President Yar'adua? by desgiezd(m): 9:28am On Jul 05, 2007
Right from day one, Yar Adua told us he would be a servant leader and that he would live a personal life worthy of emulation. It is evident that even as a governor for eight years, he still manages to remain humble. It takes the grace of God to remain so humble while in position of power. I have said this before and I would repeat it again that Yar Adua will be our friend. He will be a man that we will all love irrespective of the process through which he got there. He will be a leader devoid of arrogance.

My advice is that he should continue to remain humble and make Nigeria and nigerians his main focus. He should also be his own man and shrugg-off all OBJ's influences. I know this wont be easy knowing that OBJ is a bully and would demand compensation for being instrumental to his present position. But he should make it known, even to OBJ, that his allegiance is to nigerians.
Re: What Advice Have You For President Yar'adua? by denex: 9:48am On Jul 05, 2007
Yar'Adua is a very humble, hardworking and intelligent man who has led an exemplary life.

I will advise him not to listen to any advice except from his personally appointed advisers, ministers and himself. I will advise him not to even listen to me advising him not to listen to any other advisers.

This thread is useless. It will not advise Yar'Adua because he will not have the time to read it. This thread will only create a field day for all those semi-literates that want to come and insult their fathers mates. END THIS THREAD NOW!!!
Re: What Advice Have You For President Yar'adua? by jesusfreak(f): 9:54am On Jul 05, 2007
yar adua might be quiet and unassuming but i suspect he's got inner strength that will surprise a lot of his detractors. he's got  a strong resolve to make Nigeria better and this is just stating the obviuos.

Nigerians should PRAY for him and for his Health instead of confessing evil upon d guy, we all know he's ill but isnt it just evil to stress dat fact instead of praying for good health for him cos in the long run, his health matters to this nation.
Re: What Advice Have You For President Yar'adua? by bigspif(m): 9:58am On Jul 05, 2007
The only advice to Yar'adua is for him to do away with anything Obasanjo (he is badluck), what he represent is badluck and devlish.
He should circle himself with people of integrity and he should never forget his background.
But importantly he should not forget his promises and the masses.
Re: What Advice Have You For President Yar'adua? by needeeg(m): 10:10am On Jul 05, 2007
Nice peace Jesus, lets just pray for him and see wat he got for we Nigerian, cos u cant tel wat gonna happen in he's regim!
Re: What Advice Have You For President Yar'adua? by denex: 10:31am On Jul 05, 2007
@needeeg

God bless you. I know you mean well for Nigeria, but the word REGIME is not something you should use in referring to the Yar'Adua government. If you don't want to use the simple term "Yar'Adua's government", you can alternatively use "Yar'Adua Administration".

In the Western world, the everyday use of "regime" is usually used with a NEGATIVE connotation, usually referring to a government not friendly the their own government or a DICTATORSHIP, even if the government is in power through a consistent application of its constitution. The WESTERN MEDIA uses the word REGIME to signal their own REGIME's distaste for those governments.

--Adapted from Wikipedia.
Re: What Advice Have You For President Yar'adua? by Beline(f): 1:05pm On Jul 05, 2007
My advice for him is to drop the like of OBJ's advise and listen to those that mean well for the country not their selfish interest
Re: What Advice Have You For President Yar'adua? by needeeg(m): 1:07pm On Jul 05, 2007
Cool Denex, like that

I believe that Rome was not built in a day. It is a gradual process that will repair the alleged anomalies in the election. So, we have to go on because this is first time we are transiting from one civilian government to another.
Re: What Advice Have You For President Yar'adua? by needeeg(m): 1:12pm On Jul 05, 2007
big spif:

The only advice to Yar'adua is for him to do away with anything Obasanjo (he is badluck), what he represent is badluck and devlish.
He should circle himself with people of integrity and he should never forget his background.
But importantly he should not forget his promises and the masses.
But that does not mean that if good advice comes from the man he took over from, he should not take it. He should be able to sieve the good and the bad in the interest of the democracy. Why we want change is that we believe that a new government is a new broom and we expect it to sweep cleaner. So, we have trust in President Yar'Adua.

Leadership has to do with followership. The senators installed David Mark as the president. It was a good thing given his antecedents and the same thing goes for Mrs Patricia Etteh. This is the first time a woman is heading a big national parliament. She used to be the Deputy Chief Whip. She displayed some level of intelligence during that period. I believe if she gets the supports of the house which is dominated by men, she will excell.
Re: What Advice Have You For President Yar'adua? by McDoe(m): 1:19pm On Jul 05, 2007
@ needeeg: But that does not mean that if good advice comes from the man he took over from, he should not take it. He should be able to sieve the good and the bad in the interest of the democracy. Why we want change is that we believe that a new government is a new broom and we expect it to sweep cleaner. So, we have,
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As good as all these advice, there  is still the fear of Obasanjo. Are we to really believe that the man is still in control or mere assumptions. Too, are u sure President Yar'Adua, as lettered as he is, could allow himself to be used by OBJ? I don't think it is true. What's your view(s)
Re: What Advice Have You For President Yar'adua? by needeeg(m): 1:33pm On Jul 05, 2007
Yeah we know there's still the fearness of Obasanjo as u said and is just for sometimes, cos if u can think back Oba's did the samething before nowing wat's on era, so lets just see wat's up!!

(1) (Reply)

34000 Vacancies In Oyo State;thanks To Akala + Adedibu / If Madam Etteh Were Your Mum, What Will You Do? / Hope For Obama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.