Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,652 members, 7,889,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 11:28 PM

Camry Big Daddy, Why The Sudden Love By All? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Camry Big Daddy, Why The Sudden Love By All? (5290 Views)

Why The Sudden Madness For Benz Cars? / Cleanest 4 months used registeted Toyota Camry(big daddy). 1.250 / sold!!!camry Big daddy Nothing to Fix 1.1m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Camry Big Daddy, Why The Sudden Love By All? by ChangeHolder(m): 3:52pm On Feb 12, 2021
It is arguable that the fastest moving car brand in Nigeria at the moment is Toyota Camry, big daddy particularly the 05/06 edition. The recent patronage of this car has technically dwarfs Toyota Corolla for same year and even surprisingly Camry muscle.

Both foreign and Naija used, especially when in good condition sells almost immediately you listed.

To what essentially do will attribute this upsurge?

2 Likes

Re: Camry Big Daddy, Why The Sudden Love By All? by Perfectsouth(m): 3:54pm On Feb 12, 2021
NA hin time to shine naw. Every car, human or animal has its time to shine, it's just a matter of time

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Camry Big Daddy, Why The Sudden Love By All? by jansonn(m): 3:56pm On Feb 12, 2021
People used to prefer corolla 03/04, but I think the increase in theft of that brand made people to go for a similar model which is big daddy.

2 Likes

Re: Camry Big Daddy, Why The Sudden Love By All? by culf: 4:03pm On Feb 12, 2021
one of the reason is space, its spacious and Family people like space

8 Likes

Re: Camry Big Daddy, Why The Sudden Love By All? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Feb 12, 2021
Very simple

Most people can no longer afford the 2007 upwards camry so they fall back to big daddy. If the "muscle" comes back to 1.8-2m toks, the demand for big daddy will drop drastically.

The same is happening with the ES350. The ES330 that was almost going into extintion when ES350 was selling at 2.5m toks is now the rave of the town.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Camry Big Daddy, Why The Sudden Love By All? by Soulsymbol99: 4:59pm On Feb 12, 2021
rationalmind:
Very simple

Most people can no longer afford the 2007 upwards camry so they fall back to big daddy. If the "muscle" comes back to 1.8-2m toks, the demand for big daddy will drop drastically.

The same is happening with the ES350. The ES330 that was almost going into extintion when ES350 was selling at 2.5m toks is now the rave of the town.

Guy 4get,07 Camry of even 500k dey.bt u got 2 hv like 5 Mechnics,3 panel beaters and 4 electricians on speed dial grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Camry Big Daddy, Why The Sudden Love By All? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 5:10pm On Feb 12, 2021
The car dey sell market but it ages and sags easily.even if na 500k I no fit buy am.give me EOD

3 Likes

Re: Camry Big Daddy, Why The Sudden Love By All? by onward4life(m): 6:40pm On Feb 12, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
The car dey sell market but it ages and sags easily.even if na 500k I no fit buy am.give me EOD

No bro I no support that one

Toyota is no. 1 after Dem bugatti, ferarri, mayback, rose ross, challenger, ben tilly etc....

Honda means nissan is my language..

Don't get me wrong oooo
I no mention leg problem oooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Camry Big Daddy, Why The Sudden Love By All? by melviniyke2002(m): 7:30pm On Feb 12, 2021
grin d car no get oil burn n melting dashboard issue like 2007 upward.

6 Likes

Re: Camry Big Daddy, Why The Sudden Love By All? by ZhyonKross(m): 8:41pm On Feb 12, 2021
Easy to maintain, fuel economy, leg room and unassuming car...
You no be poor man , You no be rich man...
Not Corolla I don make am......

7 Likes

Re: Camry Big Daddy, Why The Sudden Love By All? by Timagex(m): 8:59pm On Feb 12, 2021
smiley
Re: Camry Big Daddy, Why The Sudden Love By All? by oluwagbenga98327: 8:59pm On Feb 12, 2021
People used to prefer corolla 03/04, but I think the increase in theft of that brand made people to go for a similar model which is big daddy.

1 Like

Re: Camry Big Daddy, Why The Sudden Love By All? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 9:24pm On Feb 12, 2021
onward4life:

No bro I no support that one

Toyota is no. 1 after Dem bugatti, ferarri, mayback, rose ross, challenger, ben tilly etc....

Honda means nissan is my language..

Don't get me wrong oooo
I no mention leg problem oooo
na your own opinion be dat,for me I cannot buy camry big daddy with my hard earned money.so bland and empty car

6 Likes

Re: Camry Big Daddy, Why The Sudden Love By All? by onward4life(m): 9:33pm On Feb 12, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
na your own opinion be dat,for me I cannot buy camry big daddy with my hard earned money.so bland and empty car

Haba bro I thought yu were joking oooo.

DNT even allow ur close pals hear yu talk about camry this way ooo,. Yes Toyota is widely accepted all over...
They will argue with FACTS....
Let me burst ur bubble a bit

I bet my data that you have never seen a big daddy with broken leg this year..

If I start dey list honda eh.. Airtel go change name again...

I prefer golf 2 to any honda civic...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Camry Big Daddy, Why The Sudden Love By All? by Sickmod(m): 10:21pm On Feb 12, 2021
Soulsymbol99:

Guy 4get,07 Camry of even 500k dey.bt u got 2 hv like 5 Mechnics,3 panel beaters and 4 electricians on speed dial grin

Mouth cheesy cheesy
Re: Camry Big Daddy, Why The Sudden Love By All? by Bighead9: 6:56am On Feb 13, 2021
Anyone that drives a Toyota Car is a POOR MAN. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Camry Big Daddy, Why The Sudden Love By All? by dadabashua1(m): 7:03am On Feb 13, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
will pick D.C. and EOD over it any day, the car is too bland for my liking honestly

3 Likes

Re: Camry Big Daddy, Why The Sudden Love By All? by dadabashua1(m): 7:05am On Feb 13, 2021
onward4life:

Haba bro I thought yu were joking oooo.

DNT even allow ur close pals hear yu talk about camry this way ooo,. Yes Toyota is widely accepted all over...
They will argue with FACTS....
Let me burst ur bubble a bit

I bet my data that you have never seen a big daddy with broken leg this year..

If I start dey list honda eh.. Airtel go change name again...

I prefer golf 2 to any honda civic...
the truth most people don't realise that not every car is meant for every body. Honda is not meant for everyone.the truth is once a car possess most of the things you want in a car,what others see as a problem you won't see that,will do what ever it takes to keep it in a good shape,Honda is mostly for folks that follows manamanufacturers manual strictly

6 Likes

Re: Camry Big Daddy, Why The Sudden Love By All? by femi4: 7:15am On Feb 13, 2021
ChangeHolder:
It is arguable that the fastest moving car brand in Nigeria at the moment is Toyota Camry, big daddy particularly the 05/06 edition. The recent patronage of this car has technically dwarfs Toyota Corolla for same year and even surprisingly Camry muscle.

Both foreign and Naija used, especially when in good condition sells almost immediately you listed.

To what essentially do will attribute this upsurge?

rugged, presentable, fuel efficient and widely used for uber
Re: Camry Big Daddy, Why The Sudden Love By All? by femi4: 7:20am On Feb 13, 2021
dadabashua1:
the truth most people don't realise that not every car is meant for every body. Honda is not meant for everyone.the truth is once a car possess most of the things you want in a car,what others see as a problem you won't see that,will do what ever it takes to keep it in a good shape,Honda is mostly for folks that follows manamanufacturers manual strictly
Most honda parts in Nigeria are fake and they don't serve as the oem unlike toyota which the fake is as good as the oem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Camry Big Daddy, Why The Sudden Love By All? by dadabashua1(m): 7:43am On Feb 13, 2021
femi4:
Most honda parts in Nigeria are fake and they don't serve as the oem unlike toyota which the fake is as good as the oem.

that's the reasons I said some of us know how to get the OEM parts,and also there are trusted dealers even here on Niaraland to get original parts,but sadly a Nigerian is designed to always go for the more affordable stuffs,but the truth of the matter is,it still boils down to what an individual wants in a car,funny enough I used Toyota cars way before I got Honda, I know areas toyota beats honda hands down and areas honda beat toyota hands down also,due to the OEM parts I do source for my Honda cars,it made it lots easier not visiting my mechanic except for normal servicing,as a result I only see and witness those problems but NEVER experienced such.

2 Likes

Re: Camry Big Daddy, Why The Sudden Love By All? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 7:44am On Feb 13, 2021
I fit buy big daddy for my grandpa,because the car doesn't look smart.Here in Abuja it's corolla that is mostly used for Uber,I never enter big daddy Uber one day despite me using Uber at least once a week.

2 Likes

Re: Camry Big Daddy, Why The Sudden Love By All? by Uyi168: 8:01am On Feb 13, 2021
Soulsymbol99:

grin

Re: Camry Big Daddy, Why The Sudden Love By All? by onward4life(m): 8:48am On Feb 13, 2021
dadabashua1:

Bro is not like I am demarketing honda ooo

Look in sweden they cherish their volvo with passion.

Me and yu wud agree on the fate of volvo in Nigeria mutually.

American cops they mainly use ford 9ja na hilux.

What I meant is Nigeria gbadun toyota like 91% of our population...

Do u know corolla Small but mighty is same price with EOD...

I just left apapa last week....

Ask anybody .
Re: Camry Big Daddy, Why The Sudden Love By All? by dadabashua1(m): 9:12am On Feb 13, 2021
onward4life:

Bro is not like I am demarketing honda ooo

Look in sweden they cherish their volvo with passion.

Me and yu wud agree on the fate of volvo in Nigeria mutually.

American cops they mainly use ford 9ja na hilux.

What I meant is Nigeria gbadun toyota like 91% of our population...

Do u know corolla Small but mighty is same price with EOD...

I just left apapa last week....

Ask anybody .
sure not disputing it,Toyota can never go wrong in Nigeria, reasons why its sold at prices way too much,like USA for instance do you know civic and accord are sold higher than Camry and corollas of same year?when getting it as brand new ride.and mind you there is no place I talked about pricing,was only talking about preference and what each cars offers to their respective clients, so the Honda Mr A so much dislike offers exactly what Mr B is looking out for in a car.

2 Likes

Re: Camry Big Daddy, Why The Sudden Love By All? by ChangeHolder(m): 9:44am On Feb 13, 2021
I know a particular importer that brought about 28 of this car last year, he sold all with a month. A friend bought for his wife and dad. The mad rush for this car is unexplainable.

Even the naija used now sold at a very exorbitant price, especially if it is well maintained. The car is everywhere you go.

I feel there is a new discovery about this car fuelling this surge. Infact, the 05/06 nah real deal. Maybe car experts here can help us explain.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Camry Big Daddy, Why The Sudden Love By All? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 9:47am On Feb 13, 2021
There is nothing special about Camry bid daddy,i
Re: Camry Big Daddy, Why The Sudden Love By All? by dadabashua1(m): 9:57am On Feb 13, 2021
I personally have used this car 8years ago, apart from the interior that I think is uninspiring (my personal opinion) I generally think is a very strong car,but I also believe location matters a lot, from my observation the car is not loved in the north,corolla,yaris and droplight is way more preferred to big for nothing in the north,sometimes last year,September to be precise, a friend wanted me to help him get a spacious Toyota car that he won't need to break the bank for,he was based in Akwa ibom,so I suggested this same ride, he bought into the idea,so due to my location that period of time he said I should help him source for the ride from my dealers,it was a very deficult task,most of them told me the patronage in the north is very very low reasons why they don't like bringing it,and to be very honest the car patronage is very poor in the north when compare to other brands of Toyota, so I also want to believe location has a part to play in the upsurge,that's my opinion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Camry Big Daddy, Why The Sudden Love By All? by onward4life(m): 12:35pm On Feb 13, 2021
dadabashua1:
sure not disputing it,Toyota can never go wrong in Nigeria, reasons why its sold at prices way too much,like USA for instance do you know civic and accord are sold higher than Camry and corollas of same year?when getting it as brand new ride.and mind you there is no place I talked about pricing,was only talking about preference and what each cars offers to their respective clients, so the Honda Mr A so much dislike offers exactly what Mr B is looking out for in a car.

All d same we are both making a point...

Let's leave it in the hands of manufacturers

With breath taking innovation..

And a proper review on general African man with bad roads...

As for me myself and I

Team toyota is indeed a symbols of trust...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Camry Big Daddy, Why The Sudden Love By All? by dadabashua1(m): 1:39pm On Feb 13, 2021
onward4life:

All d same we are both making a point...

Let's leave it in the hands of manufacturers

With breath taking innovation..

And a proper review on general African man with bad roads...

As for me myself and I

Team toyota is indeed a symbols of trust...
No one said you made a wrong choice choosing Toyota Sir,so I see no reason why you feel someone picking one of the most sold cars world wide saying his making a wrong decision, let's learn to respect people's opinion and having a different view different from ours,all the same have a pleasant weekend Sir.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Toks 2010 Volkswagen CC SOLD SOLD SOLD / A Sad And Terrible Experience With Inspiredmen / Toyota Corola Sport,tincan cleared super Clean and fresh.best price ever 1.470

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.