Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,091 members, 7,916,175 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 05:07 PM

Gov. Umahi Advocates Use Of Concrete In Roads Construction, Gives Reasons (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Umahi Advocates Use Of Concrete In Roads Construction, Gives Reasons (pics) (762 Views)

Udom Flag Up More Roads Construction In Akwa Ibom … Photos / Udom Emmanuel Is Boosting Akwa Ibom Economy With Roads Construction / NUPENG Threatens NASS Over Cut In Roads, Others’ Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Umahi Advocates Use Of Concrete In Roads Construction, Gives Reasons (pics) by Wisdomkosi(m): 7:34pm On Feb 12, 2021
Gov. Umahi Advocates Use Of Concrete In Roads Construction, Gives Reasons (Photos)

The Governor of Ebonyi State, Engr. David Umahi has commended the Honourable Minister of Agriculture, Sabo Nanono on his ingenious revamp of the sector across the Federation.

Governor Umahi made the commendation while briefing the press during a visit to the Honourable Minister at his office in Abuja on Thursday.

According to him, "I will always say that Mr. President is a man that saw tomorrow because you can recall the moment he step into office, he started this Agricultural program as if he knew we could delve into this kind of food crises, so the Honourable Minister is very supportive in that program and he has mapped out some of the allied programs for the States ranging from solar irrigation to roads. I was very delighted when he mentioned that the Rural roads will be on concrete"

The Governor who commended the Minister for resuscitating the Nation's food supply chain through creative inputs, also appreciated him particularly for his interventions in the development of the sector in Ebonyi State.

He advocated the use of cement in road construction to save the nation from the exorbitant cost of such projects using asphalt.

"In fact in Ebonyi State, 99 percent of our roads are done on concrete, *that's* our standard, it is quite innovative and I want to encourage him to do that and if we as a nation can embark on the use of concrete to build our roads, this will last about 50 years, this is very correct, I am a Civil Engineer and I can attest to this, so that's something I am taking away from here and I hope he will emphasize it at the Federal Executive Council so that we stop the huge amount we are spending on asphalt, we need to look inwards and the concrete road is one way to look inwards".

The Governor also called for sustained solidarity to President Muhammadu Buhari and his team to enable him to steer the ship of the nation to safety.

STAY WITH IGBERE TV. AFRICA'S NO1 COMMUNITY TV.

Source : https://igberetvnews.com/1382364/gov-umahi-advocates-use-concrete-roads-construction-gives-reasons-photos/

1 Like

Re: Gov. Umahi Advocates Use Of Concrete In Roads Construction, Gives Reasons (pics) by Boydehot: 7:37pm On Feb 12, 2021
Re: Gov. Umahi Advocates Use Of Concrete In Roads Construction, Gives Reasons (pics) by Emperor5(m): 8:05pm On Feb 12, 2021
��
Re: Gov. Umahi Advocates Use Of Concrete In Roads Construction, Gives Reasons (pics) by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:10pm On Feb 12, 2021
I really wish Ugwuanyi can help to use concrete in most Enugu streets.

Enugu streets are no go area at all. Especially in Abakpa Nike axes.

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Umahi Advocates Use Of Concrete In Roads Construction, Gives Reasons (pics) by Flexherbal(m): 8:21pm On Feb 12, 2021
... if we as a nation can embark on the use of concrete to build our roads, this will last about 50 years, this is very correct, I am a Civil Engineer and I can attest to this,...
Ok
Re: Gov. Umahi Advocates Use Of Concrete In Roads Construction, Gives Reasons (pics) by saintjimos(m): 8:30pm On Feb 12, 2021
valid points
Re: Gov. Umahi Advocates Use Of Concrete In Roads Construction, Gives Reasons (pics) by helinues: 8:33pm On Feb 12, 2021
One of real Engr governor in Nigeria
Re: Gov. Umahi Advocates Use Of Concrete In Roads Construction, Gives Reasons (pics) by Wisdomkosi(m): 10:14pm On Feb 12, 2021
Cc, Lalasticlala
Re: Gov. Umahi Advocates Use Of Concrete In Roads Construction, Gives Reasons (pics) by kenny714433(m): 10:40pm On Feb 12, 2021
Concrete is more expensive than asphalt road na..... You can't compare rigid pavement to flexible pavement in terms of cost.

Although it last much longer but if not properly constructed, it's failure is worst than flexible pavement.

Flexible pavement can heal but rigid can't.
Re: Gov. Umahi Advocates Use Of Concrete In Roads Construction, Gives Reasons (pics) by okeyglm: 11:49pm On Feb 12, 2021
SpecialAdviser:
I really wish Ugwuanyi can help to use concrete in most Enugu streets.

Enugu streets are no go area at all. Especially in Abakpa Nike axes.
sorry enugu has no governor.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Bandits Kidnap 18 Travellers In Niger / Okorocha Rejoiced With Uzodimma When Supreme Court Removed Ihedioha- Video / IPOB Elders In Ebonyi State Give Their Full Support To Mazi Nnamdi Kanu And ESN.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.