Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,428 members, 7,908,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 11:33 PM

Virtual Encounters - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Virtual Encounters (253 Views)

In Dire Need Of Strange Encounters By Wale Okediran For My Thesis / Nairaland Book Of The Month- Strange Encounters By Akposb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Virtual Encounters by Sasurons: 1:03pm On Feb 14, 2021
Episode 1.
Amelia was running late for her flight, she had set her phone alarm for 2:00pm, only to oversleep and wake up to its snoozing at 4:43pm.
"Damn" she jumped out of her bed, from underneath the warm sheets amid the somnolent atmosphere of her air conditioned one room apartment. At one glance of the alarm clock by her bedside, she caused under her breath,
"am so going to be late".
She quickly rushed into her cube-sized bathroom, slid the curtain shut and ran the shower as fast as she could for a quick bath.
The sound of the susurration of the overhead shower water deafened her ear for a moment, so that she did not hear when Adam, her regular cab man came knocking.
Adam stood at the door post for barely ten minutes and grew impatient,
" why this woman dey waste my time na" he kept glancing at his wrist watch buckled around his firm, venous left wrist.
He put his right hand in his pocket and brought out his bunch of car keys,
"Mehn," he tilted his head as though he could see ought the door, "I get other clients to pursue oh, abeg".
And he was gone.
He faded into the hallway, and was out of sight.

To be continued...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Scenes & Media News On Tess Onwueme's Work (2) / Chapter 5 Of Mistaken Genotype Published / Poetry: Oh Do Not Forget So Soon (suicide Is Profane)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.