Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,992 members, 7,899,545 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 02:39 PM

St Valentine's Day Massacre - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / St Valentine's Day Massacre (163 Views)

What My Val Got For Me On St. Valentine’s Day / 15 Fact About St. Valentine You Probably Didn't Know / Preparation For Valentine's Day (Hilarious Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

St Valentine's Day Massacre by GazaMark(m): 2:50pm On Feb 15, 2021
MY TAKE
ST VALENTINE'S DAY MASSACRE

The celebration of valentine is actually not a celebration of love,there are a lot of gory stories associated with this celebration. How it managed to be celebrated as a day of love is a story for another day. The origin of this celebration is definitely shrouded in secrecy in the vault of the Vatican city with other secrets but let me just give two stories on its origination.

1. It was written in 1477
Emperor Claudius II had banned marriage because he thought married men were bad soldiers. Valentine felt this was unfair, so he broke the rules and arranged marriages in secret.

When Claudius found out, Valentine was thrown in jail and sentenced to death.

There, he fell in love with the jailer's daughter and when he was taken to be killed on 14 February he sent her a love letter signed "from your Valentine". He was beheaded,now how a man's beheading is linked to love in the 21st century beats my imagination.

2.The Saint Valentine's Day Massacre was the 1929 murder of seven members and associates of Chicago's North Side Gang that occurred on Saint Valentine's Day. The men were gathered at a Lincoln Park garage on the morning of that feast day, February 14th. They were lined up against a wall and shot by four unknown assailants who were dressed like police officers. The incident resulted from the struggle to control organized crime in the city during Prohibition between the Irish North Siders, headed by George "Bugs" Moran, and their Italian South Side Gang rivals led by Al Capone.[1] The perpetrators have never been conclusively identified, but former members of the Egan's Rats gang working for Capone are suspected of a role, as are members of the Chicago Police Department who allegedly wanted revenge for the killing of a police officer's son. This whole thing was orchestrated by Al Capone,yes the same gang lord Al Capone. So how multiple killings is associated with love beats my imagination.

Love is supposed to be celebrated everyday,you don't need to wear red which is a depiction of the blood that have been sacrificed to prove love.

In other words happy St Valentine's day massacre.

WORDS ON MARBLE
Love is in the air,
wrong, nitrogen, oxygen and carbon dioxide is in the air.

(1) (Reply)

Define A Relationship Now Before It Defines You As A Heart Breaker Or The .... / Why Do Most Nigerian Men Downplay Rape? / To Whom It May Concern

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.