Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,181 members, 7,880,683 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:07 AM

Endemic Diseases Of Pets In Nigeria (dog Edition) Part I - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Endemic Diseases Of Pets In Nigeria (dog Edition) Part I (229 Views)

PA To SA Door Opening Challenge- Dog Edition / Endemic Diseases Of Pets In Nigeria (dog Edition) Part II / Meet The Australia Woman Who Keeps 5 Crocodiles As Pets In Her Home(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Endemic Diseases Of Pets In Nigeria (dog Edition) Part I by Vethrodoctor11: 3:00pm On Feb 16, 2021
Endemic diseases are basically diseases that are common or prevalent in a region (country, continent, state e.t.c). Diseases such as Babesiosis and Ehrlichiosis are endemic in Nigeria and are also called tick borne diseases. These disease are transmitted by ticks and can be prevented by fumigation of the environment, tick baths, and flea collars.
Babesiosis is usually characterized by
i)Lethargy ( state of sleepiness or deep unresponsiveness and inactivity)
ii)Lack of appetite
iii)Weight loss
iv)Fever
v)Dark stool and urine
vi)Anemia
vii)Jaundice
viii) Swollen abdomen.
The prognosis for a dog diagnosed with babesiosis is guarded depending on what body systems are affected at the time of diagnosis.
Babesiosis may be transmitted transplacentally (to unborn puppies in the uterus of their mothers). Dogs may also be inadvertently infected through tainted blood transfusion. Dogs housed in kennel settings with poor tick control are at a higher risk for developing babesiosis.
Symptoms of Erlichiosis are quite similar to babebsiosis, but symptoms such as nosebleeds or bleeding under the skin sets it apart from babesiosis
If such symptoms are seen in your dog, please consult a veterinarian immediately. To consult a veterinarian from the comfort of your home, click on this link www.vethro.com
Or join our whatsapp group for pet owners using this link; Follow this link to join my WhatsApp group: https:///BxS9y75ixnyCTEj9MBTmuI

(1) (Reply)

Lhasa Puppies For Sale At Discount Price / Customer Survey For Pet E-commerce Delivery App / Pet Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.