Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,288 members, 7,934,190 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 08:06 PM

When You Notice A Fellow Believers Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When You Notice A Fellow Believers Sin (99 Views)

Why You Should Not Forsake The Assembly Of Fellow Believers / What Are The Signs To Notice A Witch? / True Believers Should Be Uniting With Fellow believers, Not Tribes, Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When You Notice A Fellow Believers Sin by ochibuogwu5: 5:55pm On Feb 16, 2021
It could be the devil showing you such persons’ fault so that you can just criticize him/her without making any effort like making personal prayer offering in your heart instantly for such person to come back to his/her senses in the Holy Spirit just like the prodigal Son without your direct contact with that person or meeting that person privately to counsel him/her on such issues and the need for immediate repentance unto Jesus Christ Crucified or even go to meet such a person with one or two brethren in order to help such person come to repentance and restoration in Christ Jesus Crucified just like Jesus taught us in this passage below

“If your brother wrongs you, go and show him his fault, between you and him privately. If he listens to you, you have won back your brother.
16 But if he does not listen, take along with you one or two others, so that every word may be confirmed and upheld by the testimony of two or three witnesses.
17 If he pays no attention to them [refusing to listen and obey], tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a pagan and a tax collector.
18 Truly I tell you, whatever you forbid and declare to be improper and unlawful on earth must be what is already forbidden in heaven, and whatever you permit and declare proper and lawful on earth must be what is already permitted in heaven.
19 Again I tell you, if two of you on earth agree (harmonize together, make a symphony together) about whatever [anything and everything] they may ask, it will come to pass and be done for them by My Father in heaven.
20 For wherever two or three are gathered (drawn together as My followers) in (into) My name, there I Am in the midst of them.”
(Matthew 18:15-20 ampc)

OR

It could also be the Holy Spirit prompting you to correct that person, lift him/her up and get you aware that you could also be tempted by such sin/weakness/lifestyle/situation/circumstance hence you are humbled to know that you *must always depend on God's mercy, grace, love and the Holy Spirit Power not just your self-righteousness or level of years in being without sin(particular sinful habit) or being born-again or being in the ministry*
then you will *always willingly submit whatever or whoever you have become/attained in the gospel as nothingness/emptiness before THIS HOLY GOD then seek a fresh grooming from HIM each new second to guard your faith* in Christ Jesus Crucified *with all diligence*
thus
"Brethren, if any person is overtaken in misconduct or sin of any sort, you who are spiritual [who are responsive to and controlled by the Spirit] should set him right and restore and reinstate him, without any sense of superiority and with all gentleness, keeping an attentive eye on yourself, lest you should be tempted also.
2 Bear (endure, carry) one another’s burdens and troublesome moral faults, and in this way fulfill and observe perfectly the law of Christ (the Messiah) and complete what is lacking [in your obedience to it].
3 For if any person thinks himself to be somebody [too important to condescend to shoulder another’s load] when he is nobody [of superiority except in his own estimation], he deceives and deludes and cheats himself.
4 But let every person carefully scrutinize and examine and test his own conduct and his own work. He can then have the personal satisfaction and joy of doing something commendable [in itself alone] without [resorting to] boastful comparison with his neighbor.
5 For every person will have to bear (be equal to understanding and calmly receive) his own [little] load [of oppressive faults]." (Galatians 6:1-5 ampc).

Please let us stop running away from our responsibilities towards each other as believers in correcting those who have wandered into sin *no matter there spiritual level or anointing* under the misinterpretation of “Judge not” or “touch not my anointed” because these scriptures *does not mean; do not correct sinners in the body of Christ(Believers)*. If not the passage we saw above in Matthew 18:15-20 which were the direct words of Jesus will not be spoken BY HIM(GOD) after saying “judge not” in the new testament and “touch not my anointed” in the old testament.

“Judge not” means do not speak about other people’s sin with *a perspective that do not have the capacity to repent unto Jesus Christ Crucified and become new creation in Christ expressing righteous lifestyles consistently and progressively*

“Touch not my anointed” means do not *physically assault* those who *believe and manifest the righteous lifestyle of GOD*

Let us eagerly obey the Holy Spirit in correcting ourselves individually with humility and love.
Let us also allow the Holy Spirit to correct and rebuke us *within our hearts* personally through His revealed words and sound gospel teachings as well as be humble to accept correction from other people no matter their age or status or spiritual-level because it is our responsibilities towards each other as long as we are in this *human body* thus
“For now we are looking in a mirror that gives only a dim (blurred) reflection [of reality as in a riddle or enigma], but then [when perfection comes] we shall see in reality and face to face! Now I know in part (imperfectly), but then I shall know and understand fully and clearly, even in the same manner as I have been fully and clearly known and understood [by God].” (1 Corinthians 13:12 ampc)

When you correct any human being, you should be expecting either an insult or a humble acceptance. For humble acceptance, you have worn such a soul back to Christ Jesus Crucified. For the case of insult, remember by faith you are now Christ Jesus who was insulted but did not insult back hence you also follow in the example of Christ, do not insult back, thank the person for giving you time to speak with him/her and for the reaction then continue to pray for him/her. If the Holy Spirit sends you back to him/her next time, ask the Holy Spirit for grace to engage such a meeting with him/her with an earnest expectation for the Holy Spirit to cause him/her to repent and surrender completely this time to Jesus Christ Crucified. This is how the Holy Spirit will continue to use us in restoring one another to Christ Jesus Crucified and uphold those who are faithful until the Second coming of Christ thus
“And as for you, brethren, do not become weary or lose heart in doing right [but continue in well-doing without weakening].”
(2 Thessalonians 3:13 ampc)

Great Grace Brethren!!!

(1) (Reply)

The Chosen Ones February 17 / The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ Is The Fulfilment Of God's Promise To Abraham / He Will Share His Reward February 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.